{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans allowed back?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans allowed back?

Postby Bradders » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.

Doubt it.

I don't think that there's anything we can do about it. In my view it's just sweeping through the country with schools giving it a path, until enough schoolchildren have had it and it eases off. Infections are falling to the north and west but rising in the south. Notts is generally improving gradually but Mansfield and Bassetlaw are a bit behind the curve.
But infection rates have fallen a lot in the last couple of days and we may be under 300 per 100000 by Thursday.
Last edited by Bradders on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Anyone see the PMs conference on BBC News ? The pic on the sidebar when they’re talking about fans coming back is Sir Mal!

You Stags

The BBC seem to be using lots of Stags photos and Video recently. Are we selling it to them :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:16 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Anyone see the PMs conference on BBC News ? The pic on the sidebar when they’re talking about fans coming back is Sir Mal!

You Stags

The BBC seem to be using lots of Stags photos and Video recently. Are we selling it to them :lol:

It’s because I supply them with the pics because otherwise we wouldn’t get any coverage. Not sure about the videos.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:30 pm

Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You Stags

It’s because I supply them with the pics because otherwise we wouldn’t get any coverage. Not sure about the videos.

the video on BBC News a week or two back (Danny Rose scoring at Shaw Lane) was from BBC FACup MOTD (BT Sport footage, shared with BBC).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:36 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You Stags

the video on BBC News a week or two back (Danny Rose scoring at Shaw Lane) was from BBC FACup MOTD (BT Sport footage, shared with BBC).

Yes Martin, that’s the video I saw. Good to see us on the news!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm

Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You Stags

yes stags coverage is all due to you :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:47 pm

Ben Bradley and Lee Anderson have raised our profile by mentioning us in parliament - gud on em!
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Are only all Southern-based fans where Tier 1 is, allowed to visit Field Mill whereas people in Mansfield are banned? :-D
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:55 pm

pemill wrote:Ben Bradley and Lee Anderson have raised our profile by mentioning us in parliament - gud on em!

from Mansfield Town to Mansfield Toffs
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 pm

smulls wrote:Are only all Southern-based fans where Tier 1 is, allowed to visit Field Mill whereas people in Mansfield are banned? :-D

Highest area in the country now is in Kent.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 pm

part time pete wrote:
smulls wrote:Are only all Southern-based fans where Tier 1 is, allowed to visit Field Mill whereas people in Mansfield are banned? :-D

Milton Keynes figures also above Mansfields
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:47 pm

The One wrote:
part time pete wrote:

Milton Keynes figures also above Mansfields

There is still government advice for essential travel only. Even the most ardent fan would probably agree that attending any sporting event as a spectator is not essential.

Another issue is that approximately half of League 2 clubs will probably fall into Tier 3. Would it be fair for some clubs to be allowed home fans and others not?
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Bradders wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:Sorry to be mister negative but weekly cases up to 15th November were higher in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw than they were in the week we were put into tier 3 before the current lockdown started.
Notts Director for Public Health said on Friday that there was a modest reduction in case numbers in the county, but not a sustained downward trend.
I genuinely can't see us being in anything other than tier 3 when the current lockdown initially comes to an end, but as belly has said above, the 'carrot' of seeing other clubs getting fans in may encourage people to toe the line a bit more so they can have the same benefits.

Doubt it.

I don't think that there's anything we can do about it. In my view it's just sweeping through the country with schools giving it a path, until enough schoolchildren have had it and it eases off. Infections are falling to the north and west but rising in the south. Notts is generally improving gradually but Mansfield and Bassetlaw are a bit behind the curve.
But infection rates have fallen a lot in the last couple of days and we may be under 300 per 100000 by Thursday.

The numbers in Nottingham have some down significantly from the peak. At its highest it was 180/100k per day. Now less than 40... Mansfield peaked at 55 ish and is now 45 ish.

I agree we'll be in T3 but I can't see more than a few places being T1. In all our areas the numbers are reducing or dropping. Hopefully they'll be a clear cut off point between T2 and T3 and we can get the right side of it.

This is a good step forward for fans though. With a vaccine coming etc even if were T3 now I think we'll get to see some football maybe Feb onwards.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:53 pm

I really think we should just slow down a touch.

Infections are coming down in Mansfield but not enough folks are adhering to the rules, hence we are still the second highest and heading back to Tier 3 next week.

Yesterday whilst I was walking the dog there were car loads of families out, where were they going, visiting grandparents etc? Guidance is "essential travel only".

No enough are taking the issue as seriously as it is necessary to do.

There will not be any crowds admitted to the One Call until we are in Tier 1.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:01 pm

The area i am living at are in level 1 and we are in lock down :o :roll:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Again can’t see crowds until Easter time.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:40 pm

Hope we get to see the MPs vote on this.
It was interesting to hear the tranmere chairman saying if they were allowed 2000 fans, it would lose them 10k per game.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:24 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
Dan wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

You Stags

yes stags coverage is all due to you :lol:

You can’t stand it can you :lol:

Well here’s two of mine on the match report from Saturday. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54927007

If you go on to BBC Radio Nottingham’s Twitter, Facebook and Instagram pages you will see that ALL the Stags photos on the BBC are mine. So yes I’d say the pictures are all down to me ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Don’t know what the numbers are like in Cambridge but EFL looking to give teams the option to shift games on 1st/2nd Dec if it means fans can come in post lockdown... we should definitely support that as currently playing sun/weds/sat that week
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby SM1970 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 pm

Dan....YAWN!!!!
SM1970
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:24 pm

If we were in tier 2 and allowed the 2000 fans, how would the system work as I’m sure more than 2000 bought season tickets. I presume many older fans won’t want to take the risk which should mean under 2000 season ticket holders but I’m not sure
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 pm

Nottsstag100 wrote:If we were in tier 2 and allowed the 2000 fans, how would the system work as I’m sure more than 2000 bought season tickets. I presume many older fans won’t want to take the risk which should mean under 2000 season ticket holders but I’m not sure

1500 bought season tickets for this season.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:43 pm

SM1970 wrote:Dan....YAWN!!!!

Bless, someone else with multiple usernames, I wonder who you could be :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:30 pm

Jamie wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Doubt it.

The numbers in Nottingham have some down significantly from the peak. At its highest it was 180/100k per day. Now less than 40... Mansfield peaked at 55 ish and is now 45 ish.

I agree we'll be in T3 but I can't see more than a few places being T1. In all our areas the numbers are reducing or dropping. Hopefully they'll be a clear cut off point between T2 and T3 and we can get the right side of it.

This is a good step forward for fans though. With a vaccine coming etc even if were T3 now I think we'll get to see some football maybe Feb onwards.

I don't know where you get your stats Jamie, the BBC reports today that Mansfield has 322 cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 13 Nov-19 Nov. The average area in England had 187.

Tier 3 for Mansfield, no better here in Lincoln. If only we'd have locked down earlier like the experts suggested eh? We could have been watching the Stags live on Boxing Day ......
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:04 am

The tier system has proven not to work and will divide the country.

Just imagine us in tier three and those non leaguers the other side of the motorway in tier two and being able to watch live football, and generating income. :(
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum