{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Coops and the staff

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Coops and the staff

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:21 pm

Absolutely - big well done boys. A credit to the club and yourselves
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:27 pm

Coops and the staff, what a brilliant job they have done... could have gone further down hill but talk about steading the ship. Job well done, Over to cloughie now...
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:28 pm

Amazing from Cooper and the rest of them. We could so easily have got 6 points and knocked Sunderland out of the cup.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Can coops just carry on and Nigel sit in stands overseeing
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:41 pm

part time pete wrote:Can coops just carry on and Nigel sit in stands overseeing

:lol: That could work. Seriously well done Coops. The motivation of having Clough coming in over the last week must be a massive factor too.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Coops has showed how Important he is to the club this week, brilliant from him and the others.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Well done coops and co. Excellent work by you all and it won't be overlooked.
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby broomo » Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Obviously didn't know too much about Richard before Tuesday but must say, what a thoroughly decent bloke he seems to be.

His post match interview today was superb and i can see him and Nigel getting along very well with each other.

I particularly loved the feedback he gave on Bowery who should be feeling nine foot tall tonight.

Also didn't realise Mike Whitlow was with the Academy, it looks like the young lads are already in the best hands possible.

Fantastic work from Cooper who sounds like he might have a big role to play and a big future ahead of him. Very impressed.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:25 pm

Cooper and his staff were able to get the new manager bounce that Coughlan never did. Makes you wonder what Coughlan did to drag the confidence out of them.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:00 pm

His greatest achievement is picking up a demoralised team and turning them into a winning team in three games. Clough is lucky to be taking the reigns from Coops and not Coughlin.

Now back to the day job of the Academy and bring through some decent young players for the first team and keeping the manager's boots clean :lol:

Great achievement and thank you. 33% winning percentage
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:39 pm

yes fantastic work & well done to Coops & his staff

makes a proud to be a Stag
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:25 am

I feel really sorry for Coops. All the reports on the game are saying "Nigel Clough's Mansfield Town" and aren't giving Coops and the lads the proper credit or respect. We'll have no idea if Nigel had any input on the result, but we were showing some good signs before he came in so let's give this one to Coops.

I love Cloughy before anyone starts, and he will get lots of credit in the future, so let's put this result down to Coops and his team as a thank you for putting some pride back into our club.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:14 am

Dan wrote:I feel really sorry for Coops. All the reports on the game are saying "Nigel Clough's Mansfield Town" and aren't giving Coops and the lads the proper credit or respect. We'll have no idea if Nigel had any input on the result, but we were showing some good signs before he came in so let's give this one to Coops.

I love Cloughy before anyone starts, and he will get lots of credit in the future, so let's put this result down to Coops and his team as a thank you for putting some pride back into our club.

The owners, fans, and new manager know who was responsible for the recent performances. The media have never really been experts in lower league football. Or any football come to think about it :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:18 am

Dan wrote:I feel really sorry for Coops. All the reports on the game are saying "Nigel Clough's Mansfield Town" and aren't giving Coops and the lads the proper credit or respect. We'll have no idea if Nigel had any input on the result, but we were showing some good signs before he came in so let's give this one to Coops.

The BBC recognised Coops' role and I think Stevo has done a great job highlights highlighting the work of the team.

I think that Clough's tenure will bring more focus on us from outside but I also think he will make us a club that comes together more than we have in the past
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:18 am

Richard Cooper (41) was at Forest as a kid until he was 21/22 in 2001. Nigel Clough (54) left Forest for Liverpool in 1993 and came back on loan in 1996-1997.

I assume Coops is a Forest fan although I've never asked him. I wonder if the likes of Young Nigel, Psycho, Des Walker, Stevie Hodge, Neil Webb, Roy Keane, Gary Parker, Brian Laws, Gary Crosby, Franz Carr, Steve Sutton, Steve Chettle, Terry Wilson, Steve Foster, Lee Chapman, Nigel Jemson etc were his heroes growing up. Lee Glover was also member of that team. Forest had a very good team from 1987-1992 that won two League Cups, two Full Members Cups, FA Cup finalists and semi-finalists; and finished 3rd twice in the First Division from 1987-1989.

He could turn out to be a County fan :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:53 pm

Coops used to clean Nigel's boots when he came back to Forest on loan in 1996-1997.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/r ... re-3028975?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:09 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Coops used to clean Nigel's boots when he came back to Forest on loan in 1996-1997.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/r ... re-3028975?

Nigel Clough also mentioned this in one of the interviews on Friday (all available on iFollow).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby broomo » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:00 pm

would be great if you could somehow incorporate a "like" button on here Martin.

Some of the posts (including your brilliant reports) would have been clicked to high heavens.

Would be nice to be able to acknowledge quality posts when you see them ;-)
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:30 pm

I don't think that is so easy to implement as it's not a standard feature.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby ST4GS » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:32 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Richard Cooper (41) was at Forest as a kid until he was 21/22 in 2001. Nigel Clough (54) left Forest for Liverpool in 1993 and came back on loan in 1996-1997.

I assume Coops is a Forest fan although I've never asked him. I wonder if the likes of Young Nigel, Psycho, Des Walker, Stevie Hodge, Neil Webb, Roy Keane, Gary Parker, Brian Laws, Gary Crosby, Franz Carr, Steve Sutton, Steve Chettle, Terry Wilson, Steve Foster, Lee Chapman, Nigel Jemson etc were his heroes growing up. Lee Glover was also member of that team. Forest had a very good team from 1987-1992 that won two League Cups, two Full Members Cups, FA Cup finalists and semi-finalists; and finished 3rd twice in the First Division from 1987-1989.

I used to watch Forest quite often as a teenager in the mid to late eighties when the Stags were away as I had mates who were big Forest fans, that team was indeed very good but I don't remember Steve Foster (ex Brighton and Luton) playing for Forest although Steve Foster is a popular name for a footballer so it could have been another one, they had a big centre half called Colin Foster who was about 6 foot 5 if I remember and won almost everything in the air.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am

You are right ST4AGS. It was Colin Foster which I should know as I used to watch him and he had the same name as the Stags legend :oops:
Lots of people used to get him mixed up with Steve Foster who was playing at the same time.

That Forest team was a great team to watch. I was working in Nottingham at the time and used to watch them regularly.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:50 am

ST4GS wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Richard Cooper (41) was at Forest as a kid until he was 21/22 in 2001. Nigel Clough (54) left Forest for Liverpool in 1993 and came back on loan in 1996-1997.

I used to watch Forest quite often as a teenager in the mid to late eighties when the Stags were away as I had mates who were big Forest fans, that team was indeed very good but I don't remember Steve Foster (ex Brighton and Luton) playing for Forest although Steve Foster is a popular name for a footballer so it could have been another one, they had a big centre half called Colin Foster who was about 6 foot 5 if I remember and won almost everything in the air.

You are on about this fella
https://images.app.goo.gl/Bv2h8qftyCMK3j919
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:19 am

That's the one. I think Forest signed him from Orient. He used to play at centre half with "YNB" Des Walker. He lost his place at centre half to Terry Wilson and Steve Chettle.

Terry Wilson was a really good young player who started off as a midfield player and then Brian Clough moved him back to centre half. He suffered bad knee injuries and had to retire early.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:41 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:That's the one. I think Forest signed him from Orient. He used to play at centre half with "YNB" Des Walker. He lost his place at centre half to Terry Wilson and Steve Chettle.

Terry Wilson was a really good young player who started off as a midfield player and then Brian Clough moved him back to centre half. He suffered bad knee injuries and had to retire early.
He was the bond haired lad? They had a player called Brian Rice too who was good and Tommy Gaynor who showed promise but never seemed to get a run in the team.
I particularly remember going to a night match v Man Utd at the end of the 1990 season as my girlfriend at the time was a Forest fan. Forest went 4-0 up in no time at all (20 minutes if I remember it correctly). Man Utd didn't even pack out the away end in the corner and most of their fans left before half time. Nigel Clough must have played in that game.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:49 am

Amazing work Richard , Mike , Jamie & the lads ! Well done to all , you did us proud
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum