{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Pearce signs for Solihull

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Pearce signs for Solihull

Postby adamstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:18 pm

Imagine letting him go with the quality we’ve got in defence.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:22 pm

I think the Chief has tried to pull a Maynard. Thought he'd get snatched up and played the long game for best deal. Then found no suitors so went to Solihull for minutes. Its a dangerous game. If he doesn't pull up any trees then he may struggle to get back into the professional game. Teams are cutting their cloth throughout the leagues and operating on a reduced squad size and for some clubs a reduced budget. There's less room for him to come back up. Unless a someone he's worked with before picks him up.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Solihull has a good chance of promotion and we have a good chance of relegation so we could be playing against him next season one way or the other.

Dispite your critics on here you are a good league two potentially league one player. Good luck for the future
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:44 pm

gazza1988 wrote:I think the Chief has tried to pull a Maynard. Thought he'd get snatched up and played the long game for best deal. Then found no suitors so went to Solihull for minutes. Its a dangerous game. If he doesn't pull up any trees then he may struggle to get back into the professional game. Teams are cutting their cloth throughout the leagues and operating on a reduced squad size and for some clubs a reduced budget. There's less room for him to come back up. Unless a someone he's worked with before picks him up.

He’s still in the professional game isn’t he?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I think the Chief has tried to pull a Maynard. Thought he'd get snatched up and played the long game for best deal. Then found no suitors so went to Solihull for minutes. Its a dangerous game. If he doesn't pull up any trees then he may struggle to get back into the professional game. Teams are cutting their cloth throughout the leagues and operating on a reduced squad size and for some clubs a reduced budget. There's less room for him to come back up. Unless a someone he's worked with before picks him up.

No, the conference or national league or whatever isn't a professional league. It may have clubs who are full time as though they are professional clubs but it's non-league still.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:45 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:

No, the conference or national league or whatever isn't a professional league. It may have clubs who are full time as though they are professional clubs but it's non-league still.

Hes still a pro, if you're paid to play and its enough to solely play football.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:47 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:

Sorry but anybody playing for a professional team is still in the professional game. Non-league or not.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:50 pm

my captain, my captain

thanks for service Chief
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:54 pm

I would say you are a professional footballer even if you play for a non league team. If the non league team is only part time then I would say the players are semi professional. But it’s still professional players in a professional league.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:07 pm

I'm pretty sure there's no salary cap in the National League too is there not?

Any teams with money to chuck about could technically outpay teams in League One and Two now.

Not saying it's the case here, but players without clubs could be getting better deals to play Non-League rather than holding on for League football anyway.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:51 pm

Dan wrote:I would say you are a professional footballer even if you play for a non league team. If the non league team is only part time then I would say the players are semi professional. But it’s still professional players in a professional league.

Not really though. Professional player in a semi-professional league I'm talking about the league . I didn't say couldn't go on to a professional league club just saying that, in the current climate, he may not be able to.

A club can "go pro" by going full time in the national league but its still a semi-professional league. The games are classed as semi-professional so it's the semi professional game.

You must be a full time club to be able to play in league 2 and above. You must be at least a part time club or semi pro to play in the national league (and in other leagues down the pyramid)

Don't get me wrong there are alot of full time sides in the league but technically its semi-pro. Technically correct is the best form of correct :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:06 am

tmwilson wrote:Good luck Chief. Too old to have heroes but he would fit the bill.
Always be a legend in my eyes

Not for me, there are lots of legends than the Chief!
Like Bird, Arnold, Pate, Cassells, Ray Clarke, Foster, Greenacre, Dudley Roberts, Lawrence and so on! The Chief was still outside my top 100!
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:53 am

spanishstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Chief is better than the National League.
Obviously not going by this news unless its one step back again like he did at Torquay last time.

Found his level at his age

Obviously you have watched him home and away last few years..?
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:58 am

Would have been worth a short term deal here i would have thought with injuries suspensions and covid taking their toll on our CB's...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:06 am

The obsession on here with ex players and if they were still here we wouldn't be in this position is nonsense.

The fact is KP was part of last seasons team which got us into this situation, first under Dempster and then under Coughlan, oh and lets not forget part of the team that bottled promotion under Flitcroft. If he was good enough and had all the leadership qualities that's talked about he would still be here.

I'm a fan of KP and wish him all the best but it doesn't change the facts.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:57 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:I would say you are a professional footballer even if you play for a non league team. If the non league team is only part time then I would say the players are semi professional. But it’s still professional players in a professional league.

Not really though. Professional player in a semi-professional league I'm talking about the league . I didn't say couldn't go on to a professional league club just saying that, in the current climate, he may not be able to.

A club can "go pro" by going full time in the national league but its still a semi-professional league. The games are classed as semi-professional so it's the semi professional game.

You must be a full time club to be able to play in league 2 and above. You must be at least a part time club or semi pro to play in the national league (and in other leagues down the pyramid)

Don't get me wrong there are alot of full time sides in the league but technically its semi-pro. Technically correct is the best form of correct :lol:

That's just a load of bull Gazza, and not technically correct at all.

At present the FA, Government and the football world have three different levels for football in England

Elite
Semi Professional
Grassroots

Elite is everything down to Conference North/South (levels 1-6)
Semi Professional is non league Step3-6 (levels 7-10)
Grassroots everything below step 6 (level 10)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:29 am

How can Woking, a semi professional club, be classed as professional too? It's contradictory. How can Alfreton for that matter?

The new designation is elite down to national N/S and non-elite below that. This is different to the professional status of the club. It's to designate clubs to make it easier for restrictions to be understood. Without COVID there would be no elite/non-elite designations. Doesn't change that its a semi-professional league.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:57 am

Krystian's form dropped off a little bit last season but he was still our best defender and one of our best players last season. He also looked back to his best after returning to GC's team after he was dropped.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:15 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The Chief is better than the National League.
Obviously not going by this news unless its one step back again like he did at Torquay last time.

Found his level at his age

All you do is talk absolute rubbish. You must think our current defenders are Conference North/South level at best then because they're certainly worse than Pearce was.

I posted my opinion ,you may agree or disagree ,bye
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:49 pm

The Chief has conceded 3 goals ! :shock: :shock:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:18 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:14 pm

smulls wrote:The Chief has conceded 3 goals ! :shock: :shock:
Just scored in their FA Cup game at Scunthorpe from 35 yards........ with a header !!!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Chief!!!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby wato » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:19 pm

35 yards?? More like 8. Good loopy header tho. Hes playing well and has not really broken sweat yet
wato
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:19 pm

Apparently Solihull should be out of sight
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum