{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cooper and Maynard press conference Thur 29 Oct

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cooper and Maynard press conference Thur 29 Oct

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:48 pm

spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I’ve listened to the press interview Maynard gave :

- said some individuals were singled out in the dressing room by other player and basically told to buck their ideas up
- said training was more fun today under Cooper
- said the players were given ‘scenarios’ and told how to react to those scenarios under GC. Feels that hampered creativity, and made the team appear robotic so they didn’t have to think for themselves.

You have interpreted that interview to say what you want it to say ,training was more fun ,sorry 2k a week and he wants fun, training robotic wow have they not got voices ,some players singled out ,,its called showing balls ,pathetic ,they have got one manager sacked ,with this attitude they will soon be getting another one as well

I can get you the quotes if you don’t believe me Spanish.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:48 pm

spanishstag wrote:

- said some individuals were singled out in the dressing room by other player and basically told to buck their ideas up
- said the players were given ‘scenarios’ and told how to react to those scenarios under GC. Feels that hampered creativity, and made the team appear robotic so they didn’t have to think for themselves.

You have interpreted that interview to say what you want it to say ,training was more fun ,sorry 2k a week and he wants fun, training robotic wow have they not got voices ,some players singled out ,,its called showing balls ,pathetic ,they have got one manager sacked ,with this atti tude they will soon be getting another one as well
It will be interesting to see how the players perform on Saturday.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:50 pm

spanishstag wrote:

You have interpreted that interview to say what you want it to say ,training was more fun ,sorry 2k a week and he wants fun, training robotic wow have they not got voices ,some players singled out ,,its called showing balls ,pathetic ,they have got one manager sacked ,with this attitude they will soon be getting another one as well

GC gone , move on ,stop spitting your dummy out , it is a new era ,move on with the rest of us :lol:
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Quotes are interpreted in many ways its like trump talk ,while he doesnt lie ,he doesnt tell the truth ,itsall about interpretation
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:54 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Why the love in with GC Spanishstag? He was rubbish. When we go to work we perform better in a good atmosphere and if it’s more fun, so to speak it really does help. Do you want the players to be miserable at work? Sorry your mate has been sacked, but he deserved it. If you don’t like what others say about him and his appalling methods of management, then tough raspberry. Am I sorry he got the sack? Yes I am. It’s not good to see a family man lose his job. Did he deserve to lose his job? Hell yes.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:06 pm

No love in cwm ,but all im saying is that the players have certainly contributed via their performances to his dismissal some fans construe his sacking as a victory ,i dont but i think that listening to players who lets face it got one manager sacked is a bit nieve
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:11 pm

spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Quotes are interpreted in many ways its like trump talk ,while he doesnt lie ,he doesnt tell the truth ,itsall about interpretation

What are you talking about :lol:

I haven’t made any interpretations, I’ve repeated what he said in his interview.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

I haven’t made any interpretations, I’ve repeated what he said in his interview.

You're wasting your breath on El Thicko
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Well no one speaks ill of the dead,lets be honest GC was poor but the players didnt help him
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:17 pm

spanishstag wrote:

Bit like how you interpret us being raspberry as being good, and GC being the wrong manager for needing to give him longer :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Bit like how you interpret us being raspberry as being good, and GC being the wrong manager for needing to give him longer :lol:

Nothing like dredgewick ,find a post where i said coughlan was great ,all i ever said was we have to give him time not my decision but if we keep chopping and changing we are not going anywhere
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:22 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Nothing like dredgewick ,find a post where i said coughlan was great ,all i ever said was we have to give him time not my decision but if we keep chopping and changing we are not going anywhere

Not going anywhere is better than going down :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Not going anywhere is better than going down :D

Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forwards
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:25 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You stop chopping and changing when you have the right man, he clearly wasn't the right man and Maynards comments are very telling, no interpretation about it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

You stop chopping and changing when you have the right man, he clearly wasn't the right man and Maynards comments are very telling, no interpretation about it.

Ah Maynard who came here when his options had ran out
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:28 pm

spanishstag wrote:No love in cwm ,but all im saying is that the players have certainly contributed via their performances to his dismissal some fans construe his sacking as a victory ,i dont but i think that listening to players who lets face it got one manager sacked is a bit nieve

Think you need to stop dribbling your spaghetti hoops down your shirt and move on.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:No love in cwm ,but all im saying is that the players have certainly contributed via their performances to his dismissal some fans construe his sacking as a victory ,i dont but i think that listening to players who lets face it got one manager sacked is a bit nieve

Think you need to stop dribbling your spaghetti hoops down your shirt and move on.

Think you need to go back to serving drinks in the officers mess
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:30 pm

"spanishstag"]
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

Ah Maynard who came here when his options had ran out[/quote]

As stated he wanted to try and get a deal in league one, it didn't happen to he resigned with us and not another league two club.. what's your problem with that?
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

And you need to keep up with the times. I left the Army in 2004.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:35 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

And you need to keep up with the times. I left the Army in 2004.

Once a waiter always a waiter
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:37 pm

Never known some body take it so bad after getting rid of the worst manager in our clubs history ;)

Are you upset he did not take you with him :lol: Diddums :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:42 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Never known some body take it so bad after getting rid of the worst manager in how clubs history ;)

Not upset at all ,just glad i dont have to make decisions like it but i just hope we get the next one right i defended him because he wss our manager nothing more nothing less ,loyalty is a big thing in my life agreee or disagree i really dgaf
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:44 pm

spanishstag wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Never known some body take it so bad after getting rid of the worst manager in how clubs history ;)

Not upset at all ,just glad i dont have to make decisions like it but i just hope we get the next one right i defended him because he wss our manager nothing more nothing less ,loyalty is a big thing in my life agreee or disagree i really dgaf

So loyal to your country you flucked off abroad :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 pm

spanishstag wrote:

So when it is going to bring the club down and those who work there , one person is bigger than the rest.

Get a grip :roll:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

So loyal to your country you flucked off abroad :roll:

No loyal to my wife she is spanish
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum