{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cooper and Maynard press conference Thur 29 Oct

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cooper and Maynard press conference Thur 29 Oct

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:39 am

Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Quoting a 40 year old crap TV show to try and look cool and to put others down really is one of the saddest things I've read on here.

Get a life

Stick to Mrs Brown's Boys then you miserable raspberry.

This is one of the problems with Stags fans and this. Messageboard in particular.

Too many people can't let the 70's and 80's go and any type of remotely modern thinking is sneered at.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:44 am

Pathetic the lot of you.

This is a football forum not somewhere to play at being children
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:53 am

i’ve personally found this particular thread a good chuckle tbh
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:55 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:
Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Quoting a 40 year old crap TV show to try and look cool and to put others down really is one of the saddest things I've read on here.

Get a life

Stick to Mrs Brown's Boys then you miserable raspberry.

This is one of the problems with Stags fans and this. Messageboard in particular.

Too many people can't let the 70's and 80's go and any type of remotely modern thinking is sneered at.

oh piss off, I'm as millennial as they come, but I can appreciate a very good very funny old show
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:56 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i’ve personally found this particular thread a good chuckle tbh

So have i its all about opinions ;)
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:21 am

Sedgwick wrote:I'm as millennial as they come, but I can appreciate a very good very funny old show

There are loads of brilliant comedies from that era, and I have tried over and over again the the Young Ones, but I just don't get it. The occasional laugh yes, but worth crowing about 40 years later? no.

The best think about it was the band's they had playing!

Anyway, back to the football,

I'm looking forward to watching tomorrow. After listening to Maynard and Cooper I think it can be safely inferred that the tactics were to rigid under GC. I think we'll take the stabilisers of in this game and play with plenty of freedom. 4-2 Stags
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:34 am

Stagsnet is free........unlike the country under the Johnson Junta.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:39 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Stagsnet is free........unlike the country under the Johnson Junta.

Now you're for it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 am

cut it out please. Stags discussion, football discussion, only, in this forum, please.

We have other forums for non Stags stuff. And use private messaging if you want to bicker with someone as no-one else wants to plough through it.

Thanks.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:22 pm

Whoosh!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We live on the limit on Stagsnet Martin, the limit, because we are riders at the gates of dawn and we take no prisoners.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:44 pm

You see not everyone is a fan of 80’s comedy.

‘In jokes’ mean nothing if you aren’t ‘in’.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Thought that NM hit the nail on the head ...we've been tense....need to step upto the plate....and the new boss wants us to play with a smile on our faces.

I could have come up with that blah blah blah. Coops has to be upbeat - no criticism there. A poor legacy left by GC but wish him well hereonin because it isn't nice for any indivudual when things go bellyup.

Players really need to get on with it after seeing ,admittedly highlights, where defensively we have gone AWOL? Not quite right at the moment at t'Mill is it. Expect a rebound from the players come Saturday. Anything less is not acceptable.

COYS

ps another 28 (?!) days of lockdown with Mrs BS and reading posts on here will keep me on an even keel and get me through all of this I'm sure :roll:
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:38 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:You see not everyone is a fan of 80’s comedy.

Seems more were 'in' than 'out'. ;)

I was just trying to lighten the mood in these tense times, but it seems some folk are even too uptight for that. :roll:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Sneag wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:You see not everyone is a fan of 80’s comedy.

Seems more were 'in' than 'out'. ;)

I was just trying to lighten the mood in these tense times, but it seems some folk are even too uptight for that. :roll:

just to be clear, my comments are primarily aimed at those continually abusing others and bickering with each other. Patience is running thin on that.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Sneag, lightening the mood is fine in my book.

When others then start looking to pick yet another argument by implying that some users wouldn't get the joke, then it isn't fine.

It getting proper tiresome on here when the same 4-5 users continually turn every thread into a tit for tat argument. In my opinion, this board is generally good for discussing the Stags. If people want to debate with idiots, then the comments section of Facebook is probably a better place to go.

Apologies if you thought my response was aimed at killing the fun, it wasn't intended that way. It was more a reaction to seeing another thread being taken completely off topic.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:34 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Sneag, lightening the mood is fine in my book.

When others then start looking to pick yet another argument by implying that some users wouldn't get the joke, then it isn't fine.

It getting proper tiresome on here when the same 4-5 users continually turn every thread into a tit for tat argument. In my opinion, this board is generally good for discussing the Stags. If people want to debate with idiots, then the comments section of Facebook is probably a better place to go.

Apologies if you thought my response was aimed at killing the fun, it wasn't intended that way. It was more a reaction to seeing another thread being taken completely off topic.

I think you're reading an intention that wasn't there, possibly because it was Dan who said it?

Earlier in the week I made a reference to the band Bauhaus & George Fosters Beard made a very similar remark about no one knowing who I was on about, no one took him to task about 'in jokes'.

Many of the users on this board come from a similar vintage and we have points of reference that we will 'get' that a younger viewer won't.

I'm sure there are cultural references younger posters might make that would sail over the heads of the over 50s. So what?

Vive la diferance as they say in some parts of Belgium.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm

Sneag wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Sneag, lightening the mood is fine in my book.

[b]I think you're reading an intention that wasn't there, possibly because it was Dan who said it?[/b]

Earlier in the week I made a reference to the band Bauhaus & George Fosters Beard made a very similar remark about no one knowing who I was on about, no one took him to task about 'in jokes'.

Many of the users on this board come from a similar vintage and we have points of reference that we will 'get' that a younger viewer won't.

I'm sure there are cultural references younger posters might make that would sail over the heads of the over 50s. So what?

Vive la diferance as they say in some parts of Belgium.

Thank you Sneag that’s exactly what it was. It’s the same with a few others on here who are obsessed. They see the username rather than the post.

What I meant by it was that a lot of people wouldn’t have known about the Young Ones because the majority of people on here don’t seem to have been born when that was on tele. Nothing to do with anything else but hey ho it’s amazing what you can find when you’re obsessed about someone. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Still completely of topic I see................
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:52 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Still completely of topic I see................

Still obsessed I see. Thanks for confirming what I said above! :lol:

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the youngsters in the squad tomorrow. After all they couldn't do any worse could they!?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Good interviews
Not so sure players should relax and fell happy though
Relax yes but be more determined and steely to put the season right
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:52 pm

Sneag wrote:Earlier in the week I made a reference to the band Bauhaus & George Fosters Beard made a very similar remark about no one knowing who I was on about, no one took him to task about 'in jokes'.

I said it was a bit of 'a kick in the eye'. :D

We might find out if Bella Lugosi's dead tomorrow.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Id definitely give Jason Law a go if were short on fullbacks... always been really impressed with him and surprised he's not been more involved, how old is he now?

Ty Sinclair got to be another one
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:07 pm

;) Coops get the Hot chocolate out and then let them have it .

KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum