{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturday Starters.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Saturday Starters.

Postby James » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 am

I'd play O'Keefe & Gordon on the right hand side for a bit, just to inject some much needed pace into the side.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:38 am

Chander Lear wrote:Do we not have any youth team left backs? Recall Jason Law

Yes, I was trying to remember his name... that's the shout. He's done alright when he's been called on before.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:41 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:Again, as I seem to have said a million times on here, and even said pre-season before we kicked a ball, it highlights the crap recruitment done by Coughlan and Burgess on the squad as a whole.

100% Rob bloody Burgess has a lot to answer for, complete waste of space, who managed him and against what ?

Burgess aand Coughlan should never be allowed near a football club ever again based on Bowery alone, never mind the rest of the terrible recruitment.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:59 am

It's my view that McLaughlin is a waste of a shirt, Charlery and Lapslie are too lightweight and too similar in style, there is only room for one of them at a time in midfield.

Why GC waited for McLaughlin God only knows, the good news is he only signed a short term deal, he can be gone at New Year.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:14 am

oldweststander wrote:It's my view that McLaughlin is a waste of a shirt, Charlery and Lapslie are too lightweight and too similar in style, there is only room for one of them at a time in midfield.

Why GC waited for McLaughlin God only knows, the good news is he only signed a short term deal, he can be gone at New Year.

So how many games has McLaughlin played? Do you think you might be jumping the gun just a wee bit :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 am

Jimstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Anyone with some spunk and balls'll do.

Wrong thread?

:lol: :lol: Wrong message board too I think :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am

I think a lot are jumping the gun on recruitment at this point, other than giving Bowery a two year deal anyway!
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 pm

Conker wrote:I think a lot are jumping the gun on recruitment at this point, other than giving Bowery a two year deal anyway!

Bowery played and was decent for one of the best footballing teams in the division just over a year ago. He's never been prolific but he was decent for them. Maybe just give everyone a chance under a different manager and hopefully a more attacking set up.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:08 pm

Rob wrote:
oldweststander wrote:It's my view that McLaughlin is a waste of a shirt, Charlery and Lapslie are too lightweight and too similar in style, there is only room for one of them at a time in midfield.

So how many games has McLaughlin played? Do you think you might be jumping the gun just a wee bit :lol:

Seen all his games so far, my opinion and we will see if I'm right or wrong by Christmas.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:39 pm

oldweststander wrote:
Rob wrote:

Seen all his games so far, my opinion and we will see if I'm right or wrong by Christmas.

Thats the trouble ,new manager players here on good contracts ,ok Mc,laughlin is only short term ,wage caps are now going to make it impossible for clubs to keep changing managers after less than a season and just give a new boss carte blanche to sign who they want ,not a bad thing imo
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby my name is jonas » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:20 pm

Stone
Clarke rawson menayese McLaughlin
Gordon lapsille Maris Sinclair
Maynard Cook
my name is jonas
First Team
First Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Stech
Gordon Rollin Faz Mclaughin
Perch
Maris lapslie
Sinclair
Cook Maynard
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:59 pm

4-3-3

Stech

Gordon Rawson Meneyese McLaughlin

Maris Lapslie Charsley

Reid. Cook Maynard
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:05 pm

4-4-2

Stone

Gordon Rawson Meneyese McLaughlin

Sinclair Perch Lapslie Charsley

Cook Maynard
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:41 pm

stagmanrob:
Burgess aand Coughlan should never be allowed near a football club ever again based on Bowery alone, never mind the rest of the terrible recruitment.

west country stag:
only problem is they were given 2 year contracts

Where was David Sharpe in this fiasco?

We will be guided by our chief executive, David Sharpe, and will take the necessary time to ensure that we appoint the right manager for Mansfield Town Football Club.

So we are looking for an under performing manager and give him a 3 year contract. Job done
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:49 pm

sunray wrote:stagmanrob:

west country stag:

We will be guided by our chief executive, David Sharpe, and will take the necessary time to ensure that we appoint the right manager for Mansfield Town Football Club.

So we are looking for an under performing manager and give him a 3 year contract. Job done

David Sharpe wasn't even here when GC was appointed, also your point on two year contracts. Good luck trying to sign footballers on one year deals, it rarely happens anymore because footballers want a bit of safety in their deals.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:56 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
sunray wrote:stagmanrob:

west country stag:

David Sharpe wasn't even here when GC was appointed, also your point on two year contracts. Good luck trying to sign footballers on one year deals, it rarely happens anymore because footballers want a bit of safety in their deals.

unless your Nicky Maynard
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:12 pm

Just been comparing what we’ve got available this season (even at full strength) to what we had in 2013 (non league days)

Marriott. Redmond

Beevers Sutton
Tafazolli. Jones
Geohaghon Dempster
Thompson. Jennings

Meikle. Daniel
Murray. Howell
Roberts. Clements
Briscoe Chapman

Green. Stevenson
Rhead. Speight

I don’t think many of today’s first team would even get in the reserves from 2013
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:24 pm

frt1987 wrote:Just been comparing what we’ve got available this season (even at full strength) to what we had in 2013 (non league days)

Marriott. Redmond

Beevers Sutton
Tafazolli. Jones
Geohaghon Dempster
Thompson. Jennings

Meikle. Daniel
Murray. Howell
Roberts. Clements
Briscoe Chapman

Green. Stevenson
Rhead. Speight

I don’t think many of today’s first team would even get in the reserves from 2013

You’ve got to be kidding with this. They’re players on a bad run, not bad players.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:29 pm

As it stands the 2013 team in full flow would've walked all over GC's shower.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:49 pm

frt1987 wrote:Just been comparing what we’ve got available this season (even at full strength) to what we had in 2013 (non league days)

Marriott. Redmond

Beevers Sutton
Tafazolli. Jones
Geohaghon Dempster
Thompson. Jennings

Meikle. Daniel
Murray. Howell
Roberts. Clements
Briscoe Chapman

Green. Stevenson
Rhead. Speight

Interesting. I think only Nicky Maynard and possibly Cook would be knocking on the door of the 2013 team. It just goes to show how much damage GC has done, because the team he inherited was infinitely better than the one he left us with.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:49 pm

Spiritater wrote:As it stands the 2013 team in full flow would've walked all over GC's shower.

Yet it was garbage the following season ... how come?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:04 pm

Vice President wrote:

Marriott. Redmond

Beevers Sutton
Tafazolli. Jones
Geohaghon Dempster
Thompson. Jennings

Meikle. Daniel
Murray. Howell
Roberts. Clements
Briscoe Chapman

Green. Stevenson
Rhead. Speight

Interesting. I think only Nicky Maynard and possibly Cook would be knocking on the door of the 2013 team. It just goes to show how much damage GC has done, because the team he inherited was infinitely better than the one he left us with.

Benning, Sweeney, Clarke all walk in. Others are more debatable but you could make a good case for a lot more.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Rob wrote:
Spiritater wrote:As it stands the 2013 team in full flow would've walked all over GC's shower.

Yet it was garbage the following season ... how come?

Green left, Jones left.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:01 am

I have seen enough of Bowery to realise he is not good enough.I would rather have Matt Rhead as he is now.At least He would win headers and hold it up.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum