{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Would you welcome a female manager as GC's replacement?

Postby huthwaite stag » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:01 pm

At least we would have a nicely washed and ironed kit every game :coys:[/quote]

oh my....you set up your tackle.....dipped your toe in the water and casted in....and boy didn't you catch some whoppers......good on you sir....lol
huthwaite stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:17 pm

sunray wrote:EFL and the Conference should insist that at least one candidate being interview for a manager is a female to at least raise expectation for the future of the game. May the best candidate win

May the best candidate win, but make sure some people miss out on an interview so you keep up your quota’s. Must have a women candidate, must have a BAME candidate, must have a gay candidate, must have a vegan.............zzzzzz.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:33 pm

Political correctness gone mad.

If you asked any real football supporter if they wanted a
female manager, we all know what the majority would say

Come on people get real
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:00 pm

I couldn’t care if the next manager is Black, White, Gay, Trans, Male, Female or Donald frickin Trump, as long as they Make Mansfield Great Again
:coys:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 pm

robbingdog:

Come on people get real

So the "real" fans want the likes of Dempster or Coughlin and would not even interview the likes of Emma Hayes. It's not Political correctness it's the best talent for the job of getting us promoted.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Norman » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:34 pm

Who fck is Emma Hayes?
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:08 am

Norman wrote:Who fck is Emma Hayes?

Are you really that ignorant?

I don't think the time is right for women to manage at FL level just yet, they absolutely have to establish themselves in the men's game (which is very different to the women's game) first. I have no doubt that one day we will see the likes of Emma Hayes (Chelsea WFC manager since 2012 for the ignorant like Norman) managing a professional men's side, just not quite yet.
Last edited by Rob on Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:15 am

sunray wrote:robbingdog:

Come on people get real

So the "real" fans want the likes of Dempster or Coughlin and would not even interview the likes of Emma Hayes. It's not Political correctness it's the best talent for the job of getting us promoted.

And there isn't a women candidate anywhere with the credentials and experience to get the job, so why should we be forced to interview one just to fill a quota.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:58 am

Big yella wrote:

Come on people get real

And there isn't a women candidate anywhere with the credentials and experience to get the job, so why should we be forced to interview one just to fill a quota.

There's afew women knocking about the WSL and the European leagues who have more than enough experience in football to tackle the the stags job imo including the already mentioned Hayes (who has titles & vast experience to her name).
I don't agree it should be mandatory to interview women for the role but certainly it should be actively encouraged by the FA if we are to progress as a sport.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:10 am

Rob wrote:

I don't think the time is right for women to manage at FL level just yet, they absolutely have to establish themselves in the men's game (which is very different to the women's game) first. I have no doubt that one day we will see the likes of Emma Hayes (Chelsea WFC manager since 2012 for the ignorant like Norman) managing a professional men's side, just not quite yet.

Why is that ignorant ? I have zero interest in women’s football and I didn’t know who she is. That doesn’t makes someone ignorant.

Do you know without Google who is Marc Marquez’s Crew Chief ?

You tend to know about things you’re interested in. Norman has no interesting women’s football. That doesn’t make him ignorant.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:11 am

Gazmoose82 wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Come on people get real

There's afew women knocking about the WSL and the European leagues who have more than enough experience in football to tackle the the stags job imo including the already mentioned Hayes (who has titles & vast experience to her name).
I don't agree it should be mandatory to interview women for the role but certainly it should be actively encouraged by the FA if we are to progress as a sport.

Enough experience in womens football ,which is a different kettle of fish from the mens game its not really comparable at the professional level
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 am

Rob wrote:

Sorry I don’t watch woman’s football or giving a flying about it so yeah I’m very ignorant about it !
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:11 am

Rob wrote:

That isn't being ignorant in the slightest :lol:

Ive never heard of her either, I don't watch much women football because I have zero interest in it... like the majority of football fans. The standard has improved and its good to watch England but until they make the goal smaller to give keepers a chance it will be light years behind.

Back on the thread topic, no one should be against a woman managing a mens club, gender isn't that important, its based on who can do the job best, currently I don't think there is any female coach up to it, and it would be a big step for a club to take.. one were certainly not ready for at this moment in time.

I do however think the womens game should respect mens football more, Ive worked with two WSL clubs and the feeling is very much when are they going to get paid the same and be on the tv every week, get to play at the main stadium etc etc... When the reality is theres zero actual women teams, just the female equivalent set up and paid for by mens clubs, without the mens game being so successful there wouldn't be any focus or money in their game at all.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:25 am

Rob wrote:

tbh, i have no idea who she was until i googled her
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:29 am

Chander Lear wrote:
Rob wrote:

tbh, i have no idea who she was until i googled her

Same...never heard of her.

I watched the West Ham United Ladies documentary last year and found it good viewing but do i hell remember any of the players names.

Its just not as popular as mens football thats why i dont know the names, just like i dont know the names of the entire Notts CCC Squad or the Leicester Tigers squad.

Good virtue signalling from Rob though.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:39 am

Rob wrote:

Ignorant :lol: :lol: I didn’t have a clue who she is either
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:

Why is that ignorant ? I have zero interest in women’s football and I didn’t know who she is. That doesn’t makes someone ignorant.

Do you know without Google who is Marc Marquez’s Crew Chief ?

You tend to know about things you’re interested in. Norman has no interesting women’s football. That doesn’t make him ignorant.

Well said BW I too have zero interest in women's football and have never watched more than the bare minimum of a game in my life so I didn't know who she was either. Where the candisates credentials are of parity then fine but no one will ever convince me that women's football at whatever level is anything more than lower tier conference play.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Yes the womens game is a long way behind the mens game but I am not sure how that will affect a manager. Grahame Coughlan and John Dempster both had extensive experience in playing at this level...Fat lot of good it did them. I would much prefer a female manager who has done well and achieved things in the womens game to someone like Gary Caldwell or Sean Derry who have done nothing as a manager.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Yes the womens game is a long way behind the mens game but I am not sure how that will affect a manager. Grahame Coughlan and John Dempster both had extensive experience in playing at this level...Fat lot of good it did them. I would much prefer a female manager who has done well and achieved things in the womens game to someone like Gary Caldwell or Sean Derry who have done nothing as a manager.

Yes but they aren’t suitable either. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HitchcocksShins » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:No

What he said
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:14 pm

Don't worry folks I doubt we could get anywhere near Emma Hayes' salary and bonuses.

Stepping between leagues at any level is hard for example the Cowley Bros. Top league 2 but failed at the Championship.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:28 pm

sunray wrote:Don't worry folks I doubt we could get anywhere near Emma Hayes' salary and bonuses.

Stepping between leagues at any level is hard for example the Cowley Bros. Top league 2 but failed at the Championship.

The Cowleys didn't "fail" at Championship level did they? It was my impression that they turned around a club who were on the way down and saved them from relegation. Only to be thanked with the sack
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:38 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Yes the womens game is a long way behind the mens game but I am not sure how that will affect a manager. Grahame Coughlan and John Dempster both had extensive experience in playing at this level...Fat lot of good it did them. I would much prefer a female manager who has done well and achieved things in the womens game to someone like Gary Caldwell or Sean Derry who have done nothing as a manager.

Agree... We are not talking about women players here who of course are gunna be behind the standard of men's football at the minute.. .. purely the management/coaching side of things which gender should not affect in theory.
Just needs a owner with a backbone to start the ball rolling.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Dan » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:41 pm

Some of you should watch a bit of women’s football it might surprise you. There’s no quarter given when they go in for tackles and they don’t roll around like the Premier League prima Donna’s either. The quality can be questionable at times but some games are really enjoyable.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm

I'd love to see more women coaches in the game. I have had the pleasure of watching a few at work and there is nothing to say that male coaches are better than female coaches.

One thing I have seen is that women tend to be better at the psychological side of things, which would probably be a big benefit to the men's game.

I fear that the credibility issue will be really tough to overcome though. Lots of players and fans would automatically be against a female manager.

It would be brilliant to see women being introduced into the men's professional game in senior coaching positions to start building that credibility and I would take great pride in the Stags being at the forefront of doing something like this.

We have a good track record with BAME managers and we should continue to be brave enough to help improve the diversity of the game.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum