{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

GC gone

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: GC gone

Postby Sedgwick » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Gazmoose82 wrote:
lifestags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Hayden White has liked the tweet announcing his departure. Think he upset a few.

It’s pretty poor if ex players do that, like him or not someone has lost their job in a uncertain time in life for everyone.

Not now Hayden.

I wouldn't worry for Graham... He had a lovely 3 year contract and will no doubt get a handsome payout for not even a years worth of disasterous management.
That's the trouble with MTFC nowadays players/managers can come here and get thousands of pounds for doing pretty much nothing.
Don't shed a tear for poor old penniless Graham.

Radford's aren't daft. At our level there's always a settlement/Agreement if they have to part company.. were not man United paying off mourhino
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:20 pm

Who would believe at this stage of the season we would be in be 22 5 points and no wins. Even under Dempter was 16 9 points and 2 wins. No excuses own team choice and fully supported by a DofF.

What responsiblity does David Sharpe have in this and should he go as well. Can you trust him to find a new manager?
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:35 pm

My thoughts. GC was man for job when appointed. Cleared out some players who did not
want to be here. Like some things in life did not work out. Ex players like White and some of
fans on facebook uncalled for.
Wish him well, like I said just wrong fit.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:58 pm

17 months on from the sacking of DF and we will shortly be on our 3rd manager since, gone well annit? When you are MTFC you don't ever sack a manager for finishing 4th, it is too stupid for words.

Good luck to GC in his next role, we should all be sad it hasn't worked out for him. As for who next, if it is Evans then I'm done for as long as he is here (ie until he gets a better offer), it won't be that odious scumbag, nor will it be any of our previous managers. I'd love it to be Paul Cook, his teams play proper football, the sort you want to watch. I'd also be delighted, and stunned, if we could persuade the Cowleys to make us their next "project". Ultimately what we really need is some sort of stability, you just cannot go on changing your squad every 6 months and expect success. The new manager gets a freebie really, time to assess his squad, a transfer window and really the only objective 22nd or higher.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:13 am

The writing was on the wall from getting tonked 4-0 by Preston North End and 3-0 by Manchester City U21s. You build teams from the back and we needed a quality experienced defender to replace Krystian Pearce. It's amazing that both JD and GC's teams were hopeless at defending when they were defenders themselves.

I'd like our next manager to be a former attacker or attacking midfield player who plays high tempo possession based attacking football.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:16 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The writing was on the wall from getting tonked 4-0 by Preston North End and 3-0 by Manchester City U21s. You build teams from the back and we needed a quality experienced defender to replace Krystian Pearce. It's amazing that both JD and GC's teams were hopeless at defending when they were defenders themselves.

I'd like our next manager to be a former attacker or attacking midfield player who plays high tempo possession based attacking football.

Well that's the Cowleys and Cook out for you then :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:20 am

Paul Cook was an attacking midfield player wasn't he? I'm being a bit fussy :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:25 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Cook was an attacking midfield player wasn't he? I'm being a bit fussy :lol:

Mmm, not sure, he was very gifted but I think many clubs played him in a more holding role ;)

Honestly, the Cowleys would be great at MTFC, but if we were lucky enough to get them here, they absolutely MUST be given time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:28 am

I doubt we can afford the Cowleys or Paul Cook
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:28 am

Rob wrote:17 months on from the sacking of DF and we will shortly be on our 3rd manager since, gone well annit? When you are MTFC you don't ever sack a manager for finishing 4th, it is too stupid for words.

Good luck to GC in his next role, we should all be sad it hasn't worked out for him. As for who next, if it is Evans then I'm done for as long as he is here (ie until he gets a better offer), it won't be that odious scumbag, nor will it be any of our previous managers. I'd love it to be Paul Cook, his teams play proper football, the sort you want to watch. I'd also be delighted, and stunned, if we could persuade the Cowleys to make us their next "project". Ultimately what we really need is some sort of stability, you just cannot go on changing your squad every 6 months and expect success. The new manager gets a freebie really, time to assess his squad, a transfer window and really the only objective 22nd or higher.

We are following County model, that worked well, keep sacking managers

Whats Nolan doing ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:30 am

The One wrote:
Rob wrote:17 months on from the sacking of DF and we will shortly be on our 3rd manager since, gone well annit? When you are MTFC you don't ever sack a manager for finishing 4th, it is too stupid for words.

We are following County model, that worked well, keep sacking managers

Whats Nolan doing ?

I’m just hoping JR keeps his willy off the internet.
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:32 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I doubt we can afford the Cowleys or Paul Cook

Me too, though the Cowleys would have received a decent pay off from Huddersfield, they are still local and might consider it a new project ..... But being realistic, we will get someone who has failed somewhere else before, someone who many will say on his appointment is "like a breath of fresh air" and is tackling the lack of fitness of the players. Cynical, not me. You only really appreciate what you had when it's gone :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:45 am

The One wrote:Whats Nolan doing ?

He's probably in the pub with Paul Cook :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: GC out

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:47 am

Sedgwick wrote:Does he even shout from the touchline? hard to tell what he's like on iplayer

When he first came he was really animated but recently he’s just not seemed bothered. Tonight he looked like he was resigned to the firing squad and basically just stood there all night. I heard him once in the second half and that was “back in shape” and that was it. Really strange. I wonder if he’d been told lose tonight and you’re gone. I think we all knew that would be the case anyway.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:47 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
The One wrote:Whats Nolan doing ?

He's probably in the pub with Paul Cook :lol:

Assistant manager to David Moyes at West Ham.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:05 am

Anyone fancy Keith Hill or Paul Hurst?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:12 am

Paul Hurst - No (Too miserable and failed at Scunthorpe)

Keith Hill - ? (He is a very controversial character who can start an argument with himself in a phone box. I'm not sure if our fans would be able to take a lecture from Keith on how well the team has played when we have lost 3-0).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Hurst - No (Too miserable and failed at Scunthorpe)

Keith Hill - ? (He is a very controversial character who can start an argument with himself in a phone box. I'm not sure if our fans would be able to take a lecture from Keith on how well the team has played when we have lost 3-0).

That a no then? :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:14 am

Please, please, please advertise the job and interview the top three candidates.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Slackythestag » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:52 am

Very sad to see GC go, I really wished he would of turned it around. The strange thing is if he would of won tonight things may of been different but its clear the players he has brought in are not good enough.

The season can still be rescued so a massive decision is now needed from the Radfords and the board to get the right man in. Give it Jamie McGuire for the next few games, he can't do any worse!!

I would love to see Cloughy come to the stags, works well with getting the best out of players and is decent at working with not the best tools available. He's been out of work for a while now so must have the itch to get back involved. Did wonders at Burton and did a fairly decent job at Derby with a limited budget at the time.
Slackythestag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby James » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:05 am

The Cowleys, who wouldn’t come here anyway, would last about 6 months here. They were sacked at Huddersfield because they wanted complete control of everything at the club, same reason they left Lincoln. No way would they work with Sharpe & The Radfords.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:03 am

Clough would seem the right sort of guy for me
I liked the look of CG on appointment but he never really had the new manager effect here only in terms of fitness maybe and did clear a few but sadly replacements so far apart from Clarke and Lapslie looking a bit suspect
Sorry for JR to have to change again but we support getting rid of CG 100%
COYS
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:12 am

James wrote:The Cowleys, who wouldn’t come here anyway, would last about 6 months here. They were sacked at Huddersfield because they wanted complete control of everything at the club, same reason they left Lincoln. No way would they work with Sharpe & The Radfords.

I agree they are unlikely to want to come here but why would’nt we want the new manager to take control of everything? I think that’s what we are crying out for and evidenced by Dempster appointment where there was a lot of talk about bridging the ap between youth and 1st team...similar with GC, in the early interviews he made a big play on all that.
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Re: GC out

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:25 am

Conker wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:Correct decision made.

No need to kick.the man why he is down. Thanks for your hard work GC and good luck in the future.

Agreed, how some of our fans act is embarrassing, it’s like they think he came here to sabotage us.

This. It’s a regrettable thing that it has come to this but please anyone who sported vitriol on here, and I’m talking of the sort of comments from Billy the Fish and others should refrain from their fake “sad it didn't work out” lies. The foaming indignation and the howling mob mentality on here has been embarrassing to read. Some of you should take a long look in the mirror.

I’m sorry that it came to this and the appointment of the next manager is a crucial one. We are more or less stuck with the squad we have so we need a management team that can get the best out of them.
It’s also vital that the owners get this right. They’ve made some horrendous rickets and they should definitely own why we are where we are.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:27 am

Is being a football manager the only job that you can be rubbish at.....and then get set on at another club doing the exact same thing that got you sacked? A proven track record is needed now...
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum