{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow promo codes - now sent out for Exeter game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

iFollow promo codes - now sent out for Exeter game

Postby BELSE » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

Has any one got there codes for Exeter match
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Re: match codes

Postby lifestags » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Might not be on yet, wouldn’t worry too much.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Waiting for an e-mail with the match pass assuming the game goes ahead.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:37 pm

Got my code today
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Opus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:16 pm

I paid my dues to watch the Leyton Orient Match live but did not get beyond the spinning ball.
Not sure if the problem was with EFL, or my computer.
I did contact EFL on the helpline and got a message to say an agent will be with you shortly. Alas that never happened.
It means that I am very reluctant to spend another tenner for the Exeter match if I am going to get the same result
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BELSE » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:51 pm

Just got email
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Opus wrote:I paid my dues to watch the Leyton Orient Match live but did not get beyond the spinning ball.
I did contact EFL on the helpline and got a message to say an agent will be with you shortly. Alas that never happened.
It means that I am very reluctant to spend another tenner for the Exeter match if I am going to get the same result

Tbh that sounds like slow internet ,i got that on chrome ,then went onto firefox and no problems at all
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Code just arrived.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 pm

[Chrome has a little built in ad blocker and sometimes interferes with their ads. Which can affect the ability for the video to play. This is why sometimes on chrome video won't play. Not always I think it depends on the ad it's trying to display.

Firefox works perfectly for me. I have had intermittent issues with chrome before and Firefox I've not had a single issue.

However if you don't want Firefox and require chrome, here is instructions to disable the ad blocker on a per site basis here.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Opus wrote:I paid my dues to watch the Leyton Orient Match live but did not get beyond the spinning ball.

If your wifi isn't tip top you'll struggle. I am furthest point from our fibre optic junction box and anything that uses a lot of bandwidth i.e. video streaming you've no chance. Use a laptop and plug your laptop into your router via an ethernet cable. Mines never missed a beat since. Can't take the credit myself, our I.T. department told me what to do :)
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Opus » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 pm

open reach have been today and tell me I was running at 67. They have improved the external connections and now uo to 79. So I will give it another whirl Saturday
Cheers gents
Opus
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Opus wrote:open reach have been today and tell me I was running at 67. They have improved the external connections and now uo to 79. So I will give it another whirl Saturday
Cheers gents

sorry you didnt get to watch the match Opus.

If you are getting 67 mbps then the internet speed will not have been the problem.

More likely is the ad blocker which Gazza mentions above. Or an out-of-date browser perhaps (could try different browsers).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm

67mbps I more than enough. New 8k content will need around 50mbps. The matches aren't even HD they're 720p (HD is 1080p) and at 30 fps max you need to stream that is 5mbps. At 60 fps you need around 8mbps. Same for HD at 30fps. You need 25mbps to stream 4k content.

What you have to watch out for is how many devices are on your network and accessing the Internet. That number you have is divided by how many devices are connected. If you have 10 devices connected to the router you get (ill use opus speed of 67mbps as an example) 6.7mbps per device. Which is borderline.

Routers have a QoS feature where it doesn't split it equally as I state above but detects what your doing and diviees it appropriately. For example if 9 of those 10 devices are doing something that only need 1mbps and the 10th device is streaming a movie that needs 25mbpa it will give that device the bandwidth it needs. Its a really in depth feature thst I cant fully cover here but that's the gist of it.

Anyone having issues then try disconnecting devices to free up bandwidth.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Got mine yesterday lunchtime
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager