{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Postby lancer » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:42 pm

TBH overall the game was a deserved draw, they were good on the ball without creating much and we were ok without really troubling their keeper
Everyone will look at the fact we were 2 up and blew it, no one can deny it was bad game management, however this is football,
Looking forward we a new team still gelling and are a far better team than this time last year, make no mistake, I’m just as disappointed as everyone else, BUT it’s ony our second game and we will get better!
Time to take stock on our situation on and off the field before posting negativity on this new management and team
COYS
lancer
First Team
First Team

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:01 pm

Sneag wrote:Despite the results in the last 2 weeks, I've enjoyed watching both games, which has made a pleasant change. :)

Gotta agree with this.... Binned off the missus & kids for 2hrs...just me, the football and 2 cans of fosters! That's what it's all about,disappointing end to the game obviously but no big deal. I think we're looking much better than last season & no reason why we can't push for top 7 :D
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:04 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:It was only a couple of weeks ago we were saying its going to take time ,likewise todays second goal we scored we were praising the brilliant play by charlsley but fail to recognize the great play for their equalizer

We chucked two points away. No doubt about it.

Yes and it will probably happen again ,but it doesn,t disguise the improvements we are making ,that team today was a vast improvement on any side ive seen in the last 5 years togertherness , workrate and even creativity especially against a team who have stabilized after last season

A vast improvement on any side you've seen in the last 5years etc etc etc.

You have got to be joking :lol:

Tell me another team who have worked harder or played for each other other than the blessed flitcrofts
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:19 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Can’t describe my frustration.

We’ll change managers, change players, change seasons, and yet this club still disappoints me. Don’t know why I’m surprised.

Because again we’ve bought in a manager with no pedigree apart from keeping brizzle rovers up. Let Sharpe sort this mess out won’t be long before the Irish pretender is gone ..

Go on then Billy, who do you want in charge?

Some of our past managers had pedigree... oh look we're still in League Two!
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:22 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

We’ll change managers, change players, change seasons, and yet this club still disappoints me. Don’t know why I’m surprised.

Because again we’ve bought in a manager with no pedigree apart from keeping brizzle rovers up. Let Sharpe sort this mess out won’t be long before the Irish pretender is gone ..

Don’t indulge him. He’s a troll.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:25 pm

I’m not worried at all about this manager. Anybody with an ounce of sense can see we are moving in the right direction on the pitch. With a little fortune we could have 6 points. We probably deserved 4 points from two games. We’ve got 2, but played fairly well. This team will only improve. With everything else that’s happening in life, some of you need to chill out a bit.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:53 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

Some of our past managers had pedigree... oh look

we're still in League Two!

I'm happy with GC but would swap him for Paul Cook in a heartbeat.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:53 pm

You can look at it and say unbeaten, or you can look at it and say we still haven't won this season.
Beat Exeter next game and I will be very happy, we are after all above them in the table and at home.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

Some of our past managers had pedigree... oh look

we're still in League Two!

I'm happy with GC but would swap him for Paul Cook in a heartbeat.

:lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:14 pm

spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
spanishstag wrote:It was only a couple of weeks ago we were saying its going to take time ,likewise todays second goal we scored we were praising the brilliant play by charlsley but fail to recognize the great play for their equalizer

We chucked two points away. No doubt about it.

Yes and it will probably happen again ,but it doesn,t disguise the improvements we are making ,that team today was a vast improvement on any side ive seen in the last 5 years togertherness , workrate and even creativity especially against a team who have stabilized after last season

A vast improvement on any side you've seen in the last 5years etc etc etc.

You have got to be joking :lol:

Tell me another team who have worked harder or played for each other other than the blessed flitcrofts

Spanish you've just answered your own question. And before that the walk away manager's team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:41 pm

I'm not the manager, but if we'd have drought on some pace and some experience in Reid and Perch, we may have had enough to see that through. Think the manager could have intervened in this result by making some subs.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby tonyobrien » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:52 pm

We looked good in the final third and I liked what I saw today. Listen there’s no easy games in this league and we’ve just got to keep working hard on the training pitch and it will come.
tonyobrien
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby west country stag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Rollin out of defence & O'Driscoll in
Bowery out & Nicky in
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 pm

bigalstag1 wrote:Cannot believe doom and gloom. New players playing a new system and we dominated for 90% of the game, against a team thats just won, four on the trot.

We had 38/39% possession according to the BBC/Whoscored stats.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:33 pm

If we are looking to see out games then I think it is worthwhile bringing on young Tyrese Sinclair as he is very good at winning free kicks when defenders go into the back of him. I'd have brought him on instead of Nicky Maynard or for Jordan Bowery.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:41 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If we are looking to see out games then I think it is worthwhile bringing on young Tyrese Sinclair as he is very good at winning free kicks when defenders go into the back of him. I'd have brought him on instead of Nicky Maynard or for Jordan Bowery.

We didn't need to do anything, but we did, we started the pathetic time wasting that cost us the game. Martin called it early on and my son and I said the same thing. We gave away the initiative, we were no longer a goal threat and from there on only one team could score. You don't start seeing out games with 14 minutes to go!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:03 pm

Tyrese Sinclair is very good on the counter attack as well. He will be a useful sub this season. He nearly grabbed a late winner against Tranmere.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:14 pm

I’m sick of hearing manager after manager saying they don’t know why we have thrown games away, points lost! It’s bloody simple, play your best team at all times (Bowery in first game missing 2 sitters being a prime example) and NEVER try and close a game out when winning, we just can’t do it or haven’t been able fir about 5 year...the owners clearly don’t want to see it neither do the fans, is it in the induction manual or something because it doesn’t seem to matter who the players are they do the same!
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:25 am

I've seen a couple of digs at Bowery in this thread & I'm at a bit of a loss why. He stored his goal yesterday and worked his nuts off for the team. He did a hell of a lot of tracking back yesterday and if his role is to take some of that workload from Cook, so Cook is more of a menace up front then he's doing a great job.

For me yesterday his only fault was to set the ball rolling with the time wasting, and I sure GC bollocked him for it after the game.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:27 am

Talk about Bowery’s tracking back, there were a few times that he was the last defender.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby diablo » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:54 am

Its an away point I'm happy with that...Orient are a decent side
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:12 am

Jordan Bowery took his penalty well and worked hard defensively but did not cause any problems going forward. GC said he was not happy with both his forwards in the first half which was a bit harsh on Andy Cook who had won plenty of headers. It's difficult seeing Jordan Bowery staying in the team when Danny Rose and Nicky Maynard are fully fit unless he has more of an attacking impact. Perhaps it's time to give Jamie Reid a start next Saturday against his former team, Exeter City.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:32 am

Having had time to reflect I’m overall pleased, yesterday was a good performance and I trust these lads to get it right, I believe they would of learned from yesterday.

What’s frustrating is that the game was dead and buried we were in control, it wasn’t like they were bombarding us with balls in the box. I remember talking to Paul Cox about players sitting back and he couldn’t work it out either, said it’s not something the manager tells them to do and it’s in a players mindset to “defend what we’ve got”... that needs to change for us, we should of killed that game off.

Another note, for as well as Clarke played for 90 mins, I was furious at him yesterday, the half way line shot was pure stupidity and then to make things worse he lets Brophy run off him for the equaliser, little mistakes that cost us but I’m sure we will get right over the season.

Plus note is Charsley, he is perfect in the role of CAM, never stops working.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:43 am

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:If we are looking to see out games then I think it is worthwhile bringing on young Tyrese Sinclair as he is very good at winning free kicks when defenders go into the back of him. I'd have brought him on instead of Nicky Maynard or for Jordan Bowery.

We didn't need to do anything, but we did, we started the pathetic time wasting that cost us the game. Martin called it early on and my son and I said the same thing. We gave away the initiative, we were no longer a goal threat and from there on only one team could score. You don't start seeing out games with 14 minutes to go!

Correct and once you start going for the corner it tells the other side you are out of gas.

Including injury time etc, there w as 15 mins left, a total tactical gooseberry up.

Bowery started the "in to the corner" business, apart from netting a spot kick what attributes does he bring to the team?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:

Don’t indulge him. He’s a troll.

This. He’s a WUM. Ignore the strawberry
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum