{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: O's" scorefred sponsored by ifollow Stags on TV

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:11 am

Bowery won’t get the credit he will deserve this season he did a lot of work that perhaps people didn’t see, he worked his socks off and spent a lot of the time out wide, tracking back.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Can’t describe my frustration.

We’ll change managers, change players, change seasons, and yet this club still disappoints me. Don’t know why I’m surprised.

Because again we’ve bought in a manager with no pedigree apart from keeping brizzle rovers up. Let Sharpe sort this mess out won’t be long before the Irish pretender is gone ..

Go on then Billy, who do you want in charge?

Some of our past managers had pedigree... oh look

we're still in League Two!

I'm happy with GC but would swap him for Paul Cook in a heartbeat.

Exactly
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:44 pm

Jury is still out, stop pretending otherwise, a bit of patience is needed. If you’ve not got that, Mansfield isn’t the club to follow :D
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:53 pm

Cook will be waiting for a championship job. Too end League One at the very least. That’s like saying, I like GC but I’d swap him for Jurgen Klopp.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Sep 20, 2020 2:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Cook will be waiting for a championship job. Too end League One at the very least. That’s like saying, I like GC but I’d swap him for Jurgen Klopp.

That’s not being realistic is it Regards Klopp which would never happen , Cook would be get able with a structured plan and the backing of the Radfords . Let’s just see how GC tenure goes this season .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Ste_collins1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:13 pm

For me I don’t think cook got the praise he deserved yesterday from Coughlan. His chasing down for the penalty was brilliant (no way could he of done that last year) over the moon he got a goal to.

After last year I was not even expecting him on the bench never mind in the starting 11 but good on him for proving everyone wrong And coming back how he did, he got a lot of harsh criticism last year which will of contributed to his loan spell in January, but the shape he has came back in deserves a lot of credit he could of easily just carried on from where he left off last year and not give a jot

He had the best goals per playing minutes out of all our strikers last year I think people forgot that. Fingers crossed some of the fans start to see what a player we have in him and start getting behind him. :mtfc:
Ste_collins1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:21 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Cook will be waiting for a championship job. Too end League One at the very least. That’s like saying, I like GC but I’d swap him for Jurgen Klopp.

That’s not being realistic is it Regards Klopp which would never happen , Cook would be get able with a structured plan and the backing of the Radfords . Let’s just see how GC tenure goes this season .

Yes not just after 4 games :roll:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:22 pm

Billy the fish wrote:

Are you having a laugh Billy? Every post you make is regarding GC not being good enough?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Ste_collins1 wrote:For me I don’t think cook got the praise he deserved yesterday from Coughlan. His chasing down for the penalty was brilliant (no way could he of done that last year) over the moon he got a goal to.

After last year I was not even expecting him on the bench never mind in the starting 11 but good on him for proving everyone wrong And coming back how he did, he got a lot of harsh criticism last year which will of contributed to his loan spell in January, but the shape he has came back in deserves a lot of credit he could of easily just carried on from where he left off last year and not give a jot

He had the best goals per playing minutes out of all our strikers last year I think people forgot that. Fingers crossed some of the fans start to see what a player we have in him and start getting behind him. :mtfc:

Hi Andy.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:35 pm

Ste_collins1 wrote:For me I don’t think cook got the praise he deserved yesterday from Coughlan. His chasing down for the penalty was brilliant (no way could he of done that last year) over the moon he got a goal to.

I agree . good post
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Ste_collins1 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:23 pm

lifestags wrote:

Hi Andy.

This is why I have only just joined the forum, I thought fresh season why not. Basically to get laughed at for my personal opinion.
Ste_collins1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lifestags » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Ste_collins1 wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Hi Andy.

This is why I have only just joined the forum, I thought fresh season why not. Basically to get laughed at for my personal opinion.

Was only messing about mate, new views are always welcome.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:57 pm

Stoney wrote:Carolyn Radford is showing her frustrations.

Is that what you call em these days. :lol:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:56 am

Ste_collins1 wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Hi Andy.

you are on the wrong forum if lifey's post upsets you so much.
I get laughed at every single day for my well constructed and clever posts, but my Wii n I care not a jot at the responses from others to them.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:37 am

I was watching and enjoying the game on Saturday and being a big Andy Cook fan wondering where Bowery was and wishing they'd bring someone else on to partner AC better.

Then I actually lost my rose tinted glasses and started watching JB more precisely. His work rate was tremendous and for a big guy he got around the field. He seemed to be able to close down space for others. His holding up of the ball was impressive and he was able to distribute the ball well. He must be following the managers instructions to be playing withdrawn and, for me, I'm more than happy for GC to persevere with the partnership.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:48 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:I was watching and enjoying the game on Saturday and being a big Andy Cook fan wondering where Bowery was and wishing they'd bring someone else on to partner AC better.

Then I actually lost my rose tinted glasses and started watching JB more precisely. His work rate was tremendous and for a big guy he got around the field. He seemed to be able to close down space for others. His holding up of the ball was impressive and he was able to distribute the ball well. He must be following the managers instructions to be playing withdrawn and, for me, I'm more than happy for GC to persevere with the partnership.

Not yet a believer in Bowery, I also dispute his passing ability. From where I was watching he often got himself in a tangle when a short pass was the thing to do.

Yes, he gets around but, for me, he adds little.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:43 am

Call me old fashioned but I like my forwards to be an attacking threat and score goals, create goals, have shots on goal, get on the end of crosses, win penalties, win free kicks, make defenders run back towards their own goal, pin them back, make them cautious about pushing up the pitch etc :lol:

Danny Rose can work hard defensively but he is much more of an attacking threat and he wins free kicks. Nicky Maynard does not work as hard defensively but he can run in behind defenders which they hate. I'm not sure about Jamie Reid yet as I've not seen enough of him.

Jordan Bowery may end up as the GC version of Jimmy Spencer in that when he comes off the bench you know we are trying to hang on to 3 points or 1 point. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:19 am

Bowery seems to be one of those players where stuff happens whenever the ball goes near or around him. Some of it is good and some of it isn't, sometimes he tries a short pass and it doesn't work and sometimes he's there and in the mixer and it comes off him and falls nicely to someone else. He's a handful for defenders and he's all over the place as well. I like him, but he can be frustrating to watch some times when he doesn't complete his pass or when he missed that chance. I thought he did really well with his penalty - took a lot of confidence to take it as he did.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Suttonian » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:39 pm

The thin air shot not long after the penalty wasn't so good though. He misskicked hard enough to make himself fall over
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:45 pm

It has just been on Talksport that a number of the O’s players from Saturday have tested positive for Covid 19. This may explain why we didn’t press them or get tight enough for the last 10 minutes.

Looks like we threw 2 points away due to social distancing.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:59 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:It has just been on Talksport that a number of the O’s players from Saturday have tested positive for Covid 19. This may explain why we didn’t press them or get tight enough for the last 10 minutes.

Looks like we threw 2 points away due to social distancing.

:lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:39 pm

I think there’s plenty in this side to see we’re going somewhere.

The players just did a flitcroft in the last 10.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:00 pm

We are on to something here like coughlan says its early days ,but its going to happen ,we are on the rise
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:30 pm

adamstag wrote:I think there’s plenty in this side to see we’re going somewhere.

:lol: :lol: Don’t let Andy see that :oops: ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

adamstag wrote:I think there’s plenty in this side to see we’re going somewhere.

They did a Flitcroft for the whole 90 minutes.

OK start. Fantastic for the bulk then a couple of silly mistakes near the end.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum