{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow, including new App

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Grendon Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Grendon Stag wrote:I kept blaming I follow until I realised it was my wifi signal that was not strong enough for video streaming. Since I've connected the laptop to my router via ethernet cable it's never missed a beat. Also found chromecast problematic. Now on Microsoft Edge and laptops connected to TV via HDM. 2 from 2 this season and no issues.

Mine works miles better on Chrome than Edge.

Last week by the end of the broadcast I was 5 minutes behind. This week spot on.

That's really weird as I watched on chrome v City and I had the same time lag issues that you had with edge. Wasnt just a split second it was 2-3 seconds.

Bizarre innit.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 pm

I fully appreciate that some people seem to be having problems with Ifollow, and I sympathise with them as we deserve to get the service that we pay for, but I think it is only fair to point out that this is not everybody's experience as it may be putting some people who were planning to subscribe off doing so.
I have been a subscriber for several years now, using it for audio commentaries for games I couldn't make it to either on my PC at home, or on the app on my phone while travelling in the car. The only issues I have ever experienced with this is the commentary occasionally dropping out when I have lost phone signal in the car.
In terms of the videos, I have watched these on my PC using microsoft edge as my browser and have absolutely no complaints with perfect picture and commentary. I did think I was going to have to listen to the Preston commentators for the cup game till somebody kindly pointed out how to change the audio settings. I can't comment on the match timings as I don't watch any other sports channels or similar at the same time so I don't know if there is any lag or not.
To some extent, I sympathise with Ifollow as I am sure they were never expecting to ever have to deal with the current demand for service that this situation has created, but it is in their best interests to resolve these issues ASAP or there will be a lot of people demanding refunds.
As I said at the start, this is not a case of saying "look at me, I have got a good service" but just to let people know that not everybody is experiencing the issues that some are and in my experience it is a service worth paying for.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Here is an explanation of the income that clubs receive from iFollow from Bradford City. All the streaming costs are picked up by the EFL. For a £10 match day pass, the club receives £8.34 (£8.34 plus VAT = £10)

For home league games, the club receives £8.34 for all the match day passes purchased by Mansfield fans and £8.34 for the first 500 match day passes purchased by away fans.

For away league games, the club receives £8.34 for all match day passes purchased over 500.

For League Cup and EFL Trophy games the club receives 50% of all revenue generated from iFollow.

Colchester United supporters purchased just over 300 iFollow video match passes ahead of their game with Bradford and so 100% of the revenue was kept by Bradford City. Had Colchester sold 501 passes, the money for the first 500 passes would have been kept by Bradford with Colchester United claiming the revenue from the 501st match day pass and any further passes which would have been sold.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -outlined/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sue » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:18 am

Dave Wayne wrote:I fully appreciate that some people seem to be having problems with Ifollow, and I sympathise with them as we deserve to get the service that we pay for, but I think it is only fair to point out that this is not everybody's experience as it may be putting some people who were planning to subscribe off doing so.
I have been a subscriber for several years now, using it for audio commentaries for games I couldn't make it to either on my PC at home, or on the app on my phone while travelling in the car. The only issues I have ever experienced with this is the commentary occasionally dropping out when I have lost phone signal in the car.
In terms of the videos, I have watched these on my PC using microsoft edge as my browser and have absolutely no complaints with perfect picture and commentary. I did think I was going to have to listen to the Preston commentators for the cup game till somebody kindly pointed out how to change the audio settings. I can't comment on the match timings as I don't watch any other sports channels or similar at the same time so I don't know if there is any lag or not.
To some extent, I sympathise with Ifollow as I am sure they were never expecting to ever have to deal with the current demand for service that this situation has created, but it is in their best interests to resolve these issues ASAP or there will be a lot of people demanding refunds.
As I said at the start, this is not a case of saying "look at me, I have got a good service" but just to let people know that not everybody is experiencing the issues that some are and in my experience it is a service worth paying for.

Fair point, but the issues that arose this weekend seem to have been with the audio only commentary, not the video commentary, which apparently worked fine. I agree that iFollow is great when it works well and normally good value for money. Unfortunately it did not on this occasion and furthermore the online help button was also useless. I doubt that the problems were caused by extra demand though. Hopefully they will have sorted these problems by next Saturday and we can go back to enjoying following the team that we all love.
Sue
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:28 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Here is an explanation of the income that clubs receive from iFollow from Bradford City. All the streaming costs are picked up by the EFL. For a £10 match day pass, the club receives £8.34 (£8.34 plus VAT = £10)

For home league games, the club receives £8.34 for all the match day passes purchased by Mansfield fans and £8.34 for the first 500 match day passes purchased by away fans.

For away league games, the club receives £8.34 for all match day passes purchased over 500.

For League Cup and EFL Trophy games the club receives 50% of all revenue generated from iFollow.

Colchester United supporters purchased just over 300 iFollow video match passes ahead of their game with Bradford and so 100% of the revenue was kept by Bradford City. Had Colchester sold 501 passes, the money for the first 500 passes would have been kept by Bradford with Colchester United claiming the revenue from the 501st match day pass and any further passes which would have been sold.

https://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/2 ... -outlined/

More on revenue from streaming here:

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:17 am

Very interesting figures on the number of match day passes sold by Colchester United from Chairman, Robbie Cowling. Col U only sold 452 match day passes for their home game against Bolton. Bolton sold 2,252 match day passes. The rules mean that Col U receive the income for 952 match day passes (452 + 500). £8.34 x 952 = £7,940. Bolton will receive the income from 1,752 (2,252 - 500) match day passes = £14,612. Col U would normally have gate receipts of around £58,000 for this game. They also received no income from the Bradford away game because they only sold 300 match day passes (less than 500).

I think a fairer way to distribute the money was to allow the home club to keep all the income; or even pay all the income into a pool and share it equally between all clubs in each league.

"The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500). This has put a very new aspect on the revenue that is available to clubs this season. Bolton made more money in gate receipts from our home fixture than we did because they had the revenue from 1,752 iFollow passes whereas we had the revenue from 952 iFollow passes. In normal times, we would have expected about £54,000 in home gate receipts from this fixture but we will receive just shy of £8,000, whereas Bolton would have expected about £600 for the 5% commission we pay them but will have received about £14,000 more than that.

We sold just over 300 streams for the away game against Bradford, so we earnt £0.00 for that away game and I expect that to be the case for every away game this season. So based on twenty three away games, Bolton look set to receive about £345,000 from the streaming of their away games this season whilst we can look forward to approximately £0.00. Perhaps these facts might help some of you that think we should still be in the Championship understand what we are up against."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:15 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Very interesting figures on the number of match day passes sold by Colchester United from Chairman, Robbie Cowling. Col U only sold 452 match day passes for their home game against Bolton. Bolton sold 2,252 match day passes. The rules mean that Col U receive the income for 952 match day passes (452 + 500). £8.34 x 952 = £7,940. Bolton will receive the income from 1,752 (2,252 - 500) match day passes = £14,612. Col U would normally have gate receipts of around £58,000 for this game. They also received no income from the Bradford away game because they only sold 300 match day passes (less than 500).

I think a fairer way to distribute the money was to allow the home club to keep all the income; or even pay all the income into a pool and share it equally between all clubs in each league.

"The way it works currently is that the home team keep all of the revenue for the tickets they sell through their own website and they also get the revenue for the first 500 that buy via the away team. For example: for Saturday’s game against Bolton, we sold 452 iFollow passes, (so we keep all of the revenue from those), and Bolton sold 2252 iFollow passes, (of which we get the revenue from the first 500). This has put a very new aspect on the revenue that is available to clubs this season. Bolton made more money in gate receipts from our home fixture than we did because they had the revenue from 1,752 iFollow passes whereas we had the revenue from 952 iFollow passes. In normal times, we would have expected about £54,000 in home gate receipts from this fixture but we will receive just shy of £8,000, whereas Bolton would have expected about £600 for the 5% commission we pay them but will have received about £14,000 more than that.

We sold just over 300 streams for the away game against Bradford, so we earnt £0.00 for that away game and I expect that to be the case for every away game this season. So based on twenty three away games, Bolton look set to receive about £345,000 from the streaming of their away games this season whilst we can look forward to approximately £0.00. Perhaps these facts might help some of you that think we should still be in the Championship understand what we are up against."

We also took 1,400 fans to Bradford, so in 'normal' circumstances I'd expect a lot of those 1,400 would have streamed the game it they had been stopped from going.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 am

Col U had an average attendance last year of 3,634. If they average around 760 match day passes plus 540 season tickets (1,300) then that is a massive drop in income.

They also had to refund £110,416.90 on season tickets. £26,817.28 remained within the club for the time being with £15,442.94 being transferred to Privilege Cards (can be used to pay at tills in stadium for food and drink) and £11,374.34 being transferred to Club United to be used for fans' projects.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Is it just me or is the pic slightly blurred today?adverts and EFL logo look fine
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:54 pm

I thought that as well
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:58 pm

It is.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:00 pm

I had presumed it was eyesight but it is blurred.

At least I am actually able to get on this week
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Minky123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Its sending my eyes funny
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Blur city
:evil: Against Modern Football :evil:
Mansf1eld
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Minky123 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:14 pm

He reads messages out normally ..... someone message him to tell camera man to adjust the focus fgs
Minky123
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:18 pm

Just sent him a message
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby OllertonStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:19 pm

Re Blurry picture, thought it was just me. My eyes are hurting trying to compensate :lol:
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby IAmTheStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:20 pm

I have messaged him on Twitter
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Nottsstag100 » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:20 pm

No problems for me
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BilsthorpeStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Definitely poor camera work, such a difference on those close ups for the goal. Get in!
BilsthorpeStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ST4GS » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:22 pm

Phew. Thought my eyes were failing. Was gonna go for a drive to Barnard Castle with kids in back of car but no need now.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby OllertonStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:26 pm

ST4GS wrote:Phew. Thought my eyes were failing. Was gonna go for a drive to Barnard Castle with kids in back of car but no need now.

:lol:
OllertonStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:26 pm

Now in focus
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby IAmTheStag » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Looks better now for me
IAmTheStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mansf1eld » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:28 pm

Much better now