{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:12 am

Phill wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Phill wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:Pretty annoyed. Emailed Monday, no reply so far and saw the IGU had sold out today so decided to ring as it was IGU I asked to renew in. Been on phone for an hour waiting, it cuts off and it's now engaged.

Same! And now they are closed!!!
I will be pretty birdsonged off if they haven’t actioned the email request.

Got an email tonight to say they've not been able to respond to emails so I therefore can't be seated in IGU. There's a few in IGL but plenty of space in NS and QL.

Pretty poor really, and not the fault of those clearly working so hard the last few days. If you offer email as a way to renew then make sure it's fully serviced alongside the walk ups and phone calls.

Not had an email. Piss poor service, don’t offer email as an option if you are going to ignore it. First come first served is fine, but I don’t have the luxury of being able to get over to Mansfield during working hours. I know some people will class what I am about to say is petty; but sitting near my stags family is literally the only reason I was turning up at the end of last season. To now face having to sit in a completely different part of the stadium is making me consider not getting a ticket for the first time in something like 18 years!

Good, it means someone there to watch the footy and support the team will get yours. Someone who understands this unprecedented season and won't be squeaming and squeaming cos they can't have same seat and stand, diddums :roll:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:42 am

lifestags wrote:“ i really hope the club have guaranteed them their original seat back next season“

That’s an unrealistic hope when most people are having to be moved, some
Further then others but if there expecting to be sat in their exact seat then they are most likely going to be disappointed.

so the following season 21/22 fans are not guaranteed their seats back ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:02 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
lifestags wrote:“ i really hope the club have guaranteed them their original seat back next season“

Further then others but if there expecting to be sat in their exact seat then they are most likely going to be disappointed.

When we picked up our tickets yesterday (two rows back from our normal seats in QLE) the Lady in the Ticket Office said they hoped to have season ticket holders back in their normal seats as soon as it would be possible. Whether it is this season, next season or beyond depends on the social distancing bering effective. If this means sitting elsewhere for a while so be it.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:10 am

The decision has been made for me, my seat has gone, for now, so that means so have I, for now.

What we now need is for ifollow to be made available, at a price, so we can still support our team until better days arrive.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:19 am

I feel sorry for the season ticket holders who live a long way from the ground.I live close by but decided to e-mail the club with my details.I was unsure that I would get a reply due to the fact that the office would be extremely busy.I then decided to ring.That was futile so I went down and was served within 5 minutes.I was unable to get my usual seat so I got one fairly close to where myself and my friend sit.I asked about getting his seat but was told he would have to come down himself.I rang him whilst there and he came straight down and got a seat two away from mine.He was intending taking his wife out but there are priorities so she came second.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:30 am

Absolutely baffled that some people are so angry at not getting a specific seat.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:38 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Absolutely baffled that some people are so angry at not getting a specific seat.

Not angry, "accepting" I think is a reasonable word to use.

I had my doubts about returning anyway,.
Upper tier, where I have say for years, now sold out and I wouldn't want to sit elsewhere in the stadium.

When better times prevail I hope to return, be assured I'm not angry.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby NIGEL » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:52 am

I decided to send an email on Monday, but when the club replied we are experiencing extremely high demand tried on the phone with no luck. Tuesday, tried numerous times on the phone and was lucky to get through and ticket in QLE renewed, but would have gone to the ground Tuesday afternoon otherwise living reasonably close. It didn't matter to me whether it was QLE, North Stand, WSU or WSL under the current circumstances. I have sympathy for those living away who can't get to the ground with the email and phone requests proving difficult, but praise for the staff who are there doing their best.
NIGEL
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Harrington St Stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:13 am

I live 70 miles away and have emailed to no avail and tried calling. Hopefully I’ll get sorted out, if not I’ll call it a day for this season. Bigger things at play in the world just now.
Harrington St Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:17 am

It’s surprised me how many of us have “stags friends” who we have probably met just by sitting near them on match days.

I’m the same, Looks like a season on my own, we’ve all had to move blocks or stands but hopefully can get back to normal in 21-22 season.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Absolutely baffled that some people are so angry at not getting a specific seat.

I can totally see why. I've had the same seat for years and I don't want another. Had a wall behind me so i can stand up and stretch the legs without having to worry about annoying anyone behind me. It's close to stairs so when people are up and down going for a wee etc, its easy to move and get out their way etc.

It also has the perfect view of both ends of the pitch. The block I am sat in is now closed. A very very small part to play in why ive not renewed.

Edit - it's not anger. People dont want to stray away from their friends or normality.
Last edited by PEAR CIDER on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:21 am

oldweststander wrote:

Not angry, "accepting" I think is a reasonable word to use.

I had my doubts about returning anyway,.
Upper tier, where I have say for years, now sold out and I wouldn't want to sit elsewhere in the stadium.

When better times prevail I hope to return, be assured I'm not angry.

I agree totally with you. Wouldn’t want to sit in other stands apart from IGU so I will support the club through I follow until capacity lifted then I wlll buy match tickets on line this season and see what is available. Hopefully the restrictions will not be in place for too long and I will be able to resume supporting the Stags with a season ticket next season. One point however If restrictions are lifted before Christmas will the club consider selling half season tickets?
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:21 am

lifestags wrote:It’s surprised me how many of us have “stags friends” who we have probably met just by sitting near them on match days.

I’m the same, Looks like a season on my own, we’ve all had to move blocks or stands but hopefully can get back to normal in 21-22 season.

Exactly. I totally understand why this is happening... who wants to sit on their own.

I'll come again once we have some normality
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 am

I've renewed but due to distance will not be able to get to all games. Will the club allow us to give away unused tickets?
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:40 am

I'm surprised why some are a bit uppity that they can't have their normal seat. Have they taken into account their seat may not even be for sale ? These are unprecedented times.
I do feel for those who live considerable distances away. The e-mail option, has failed them.
Hopefully there will be sufficient interest for all seats that can be safely allocated.
Spare a thought for those who didn't have a season ticket last season, who would like one this season and may not get the chance to purchase one.
It must be a difficult job for football clubs sorting out season tickets this time.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:44 am

Amber Andy wrote:I'm surprised why some are a bit uppity that they can't have their normal seat. Have they taken into account their seat may not even be for sale ? These are unprecedented times.
I do feel for those who live considerable distances away. The e-mail option, has failed them.
Hopefully there will be sufficient interest for all seats that can be safely allocated.
Spare a thought for those who didn't have a season ticket last season, who would like one this season and may not get the chance to purchase one.
It must be a difficult job for football clubs sorting out season tickets this time.

In defence of the club I rang them (from abroad but I suppose that makes no difference) had to wait for 5 minutes and then it took another 5 to do the tickets. He also said I could collect or they would post them out to me. I don't really mind where I sit - the guy said to me he would put us in IGU as close as possible to the existing seats.

That said noting has gone from my account yet so have fingers crossed it's actually been processed....

He also said that they were keeping everyone's current seating (ie pre Covid) details and the idea was to get everyone back to their seats, in time.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 am

yorkshire stag wrote:

Just for clarity on this.
When I collected my season ticket (different block to my usual seat but same stand) I was told that if the ground reopens fully this season it may be possible to return to your original seat, but not guaranteed.
However, assuming things are back to normal for the 2021/22 season, the season ticket allocations will be based on the 2019/20 season, so all 2019/20 season ticket holders will be able to purchase their original seat.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

When I collected my season ticket (different block to my usual seat but same stand) I was told that if the ground reopens fully this season it may be possible to return to your original seat, but not guaranteed.
However, assuming things are back to normal for the 2021/22 season, the season ticket allocations will be based on the 2019/20 season, so all 2019/20 season ticket holders will be able to purchase their original seat.

That’s a fair enough scenario. Can’t ask for much more
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:06 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

So if a season ticket holder does not or cannot purchase a season ticket due to being sold out for season 2020/21 and wants to come back when restrictions are totally lifted will their 2019/20 seat be available or will previous seats only be saved for people that purchase season tickets for 2020/21 ?
2600+ season ticket holders from 2019/20 cannot all get a season ticket for season 2020/21 !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:25 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

That's what we were told also
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:34 am

ST4GS wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

So if a season ticket holder does not or cannot purchase a season ticket due to being sold out for season 2020/21 and wants to come back when restrictions are totally lifted will their 2019/20 seat be available or will previous seats only be saved for people that purchase season tickets for 2020/21 ?
2600+ season ticket holders from 2019/20 cannot all get a season ticket for season 2020/21 !!

The lady in the ticket office said the basis for 2021/22 season tickets will be the database from 2019/20 so I would assume this will be the case.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:35 am

Does anybody know what our home capacity is set at , whilst social distancing is in place ??
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:40 am

west country stag wrote:Does anybody know what our home capacity is set at , whilst social distancing is in place ??

The $64,000 question.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:48 am

Whilst we bemoan, in a way that is so expected of Stagsnet, how seats are allocated in a post-lockdown field Mill does anyone know how the teams that were offering early bird season tickets at the end of May are allocating seats?

Or indeed clubs where the number of season ticket holders far outweighs the 25% of capacity that we are basing re-entry upon?

There will ticket offices up and down the country scratching their heads harder than our ticket office staff.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:55 am

west country stag wrote:Does anybody know what our home capacity is set at , whilst social distancing is in place ??

Theres no precise set capacity from sounds of things. The clubs just playing it by social distancing guidelines and working in groups of bubbles so on some rows your could have two groups of bubbles with 8 or 9 people sat in a row then a two metre gape then another 6 or 7 people sat side by side.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum