{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:53 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:Pretty annoyed. Emailed Monday, no reply so far and saw the IGU had sold out today so decided to ring as it was IGU I asked to renew in. Been on phone for an hour waiting, it cuts off and it's now engaged.

Me too. I’ve e mailed and been on the phone numerous occasions over the last 3 days without success
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:01 pm

Went to the ticket office at 1.30 to renew. No queue at all and all done in 5 minutes. Must have got one of the last IGU tickets as well.
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:20 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I tried to ring this morning and was in hold for about an hour. It drops out every ten - fifteen minutes.

At about half 10 I managed to get away from work for a bit, drove to the ground and literally walked up to the window without a queue. Service at the ground was great.

Very frustrating for those who can't get to the ground though

We had to move from the west stand upper to the west stand lower, but we're reassured that we would get our usual seats back when normal service can be resumed.

I was told maybe not this season. Clarification needed. Should normality return and a vaccine found t'club can't just kick folks out of seats. I'd imagine you'd be ok if your seat had been used for distancing though and had been empty. Could be a massive kerfuffle.
Anyway got mine but have to sit Q block atm
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:25 pm

Spiritater wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I tried to ring this morning and was in hold for about an hour. It drops out every ten - fifteen minutes.

At about half 10 I managed to get away from work for a bit, drove to the ground and literally walked up to the window without a queue. Service at the ground was great.

Very frustrating for those who can't get to the ground though

We had to move from the west stand upper to the west stand lower, but we're reassured that we would get our usual seats back when normal service can be resumed.

I was told maybe not this season. Clarification needed. Should normality return and a vaccine found t'club can't just kick folks out of seats. I'd imagine you'd be ok if your seat had been used for distancing though and had been empty. Could be a massive kerfuffle.
Anyway got mine but have to sit Q block atm

owd Stag didn’t know it was a first come basis, going down tomorrow looks like QLE or North for owd lad :roll:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:33 pm

pm'd you yorkie on subject just prior to your post.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:43 pm

Spiritater wrote:pm'd you yorkie on subject just prior to your post.

:? Tiz an odd world mi owd at the moment
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:56 pm

Phill wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:Pretty annoyed. Emailed Monday, no reply so far and saw the IGU had sold out today so decided to ring as it was IGU I asked to renew in. Been on phone for an hour waiting, it cuts off and it's now engaged.

Same! And now they are closed!!!
I will be pretty birdsonged off if they haven’t actioned the email request.

Got an email tonight to say they've not been able to respond to emails so I therefore can't be seated in IGU. There's a few in IGL but plenty of space in NS and QL.

Pretty poor really, and not the fault of those clearly working so hard the last few days. If you offer email as a way to renew then make sure it's fully serviced alongside the walk ups and phone calls.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:53 pm

They aren’t answering the phone
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:33 pm

I am disappointed that, again, our club have managed to get something which could have been a positive so wrong.
There was no indication that it would be organised on a first come, first served basis or that attendance in person would gain advantage.
The club has moved forwards light years in so many ways over the last eleven years but there are elements which just don't ever get any better.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:37 pm

I don’t understand those who are saying they didn’t understand it would be a first come, first served basis. Can anyone explain what they mean by that?

With a limited capacity, surely it was understood that only a limited number of seats would be available?

I totally agree that it e-mailers should’ve had the same attention as other customers. And I’ve lost my seat/stand as a result of all this so I’m not trying to cause upset, just a genuine question as to what people were expecting?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:47 pm

It was fairly obvious that it had to be first come basis. No other way to do it.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:09 pm

I don’t mind a first come first served approach , I don’t mind not getting my seat, I don’t mind not even being in the same stand.

I live in West Yorkshire have been a season ticket holder for a lot of years, follow the club on a regular basis away from home - I do mind not bothering to answer the phone.

I appreciate these are unusual times but someone needs to sort this

Oh and e mails have been ignored.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:13 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t understand those who are saying they didn’t understand it would be a first come, first served basis. Can anyone explain what they mean by that?

With a limited capacity, surely it was understood that only a limited number of seats would be available?

I totally agree that it e-mailers should’ve had the same attention as other customers. And I’ve lost my seat/stand as a result of all this so I’m not trying to cause upset, just a genuine question as to what people were expecting?

Perhaps I have used the wrong term - I think there was a lack of clarity over how seats would be allocated. I am not sure I know of a better way of doing it but it wasn't made clear.
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:24 pm

Can you read anything into Marek Stechs interview where he says he can’t wait for the 2500 fans to be let back in at first. Random for a new gk to know how many season tickets we sold.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:30 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I don’t understand those who are saying they didn’t understand it would be a first come, first served basis. Can anyone explain what they mean by that?

Perhaps I have used the wrong term - I think there was a lack of clarity over how seats would be allocated. I am not sure I know of a better way of doing it but it wasn't made clear.

This is what it said on website

As you will appreciate, the club therefore cannot guarantee your normal seat due to the prospective implementation of social distancing measures, however, we will endeavour to seat you as near as possible to your preferred location within One Call Stadium.

Surely this meant your seat might not be available when renewing. My seat wasn’t when I renewed on Monday.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Phill » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:44 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
Phill wrote:

Same! And now they are closed!!!
I will be pretty birdsonged off if they haven’t actioned the email request.

Got an email tonight to say they've not been able to respond to emails so I therefore can't be seated in IGU. There's a few in IGL but plenty of space in NS and QL.

Pretty poor really, and not the fault of those clearly working so hard the last few days. If you offer email as a way to renew then make sure it's fully serviced alongside the walk ups and phone calls.

Not had an email. Piss poor service, don’t offer email as an option if you are going to ignore it. First come first served is fine, but I don’t have the luxury of being able to get over to Mansfield during working hours. I know some people will class what I am about to say is petty; but sitting near my stags family is literally the only reason I was turning up at the end of last season. To now face having to sit in a completely different part of the stadium is making me consider not getting a ticket for the first time in something like 18 years!
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bros » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:53 pm

We were told today that the seats we have been allocated would probably stay for this season but assuming that things would hopefully return to normal for 21/22 people would be able to return to their usual seats
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:01 pm

part time pete wrote:

As you will appreciate, the club therefore cannot guarantee your normal seat due to the prospective implementation of social distancing measures, however, we will endeavour to seat you as near as possible to your preferred location within One Call Stadium.

Surely this meant your seat might not be available when renewing. My seat wasn’t when I renewed on Monday.

Perhaps then it is my naivety that I thought I could get nearer than another Stand!
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:35 pm

part time pete wrote:

Perhaps then it is my naivety that I thought I could get nearer than another Stand!

I would assume everyone thinks social distancing means at least one metre plus seating away from others.

Common sense also should mean that every row could not be sold, so leaving every other row blocked off was required. In addition a one seat gap would not be enough, so a two seat gap would be required. This means only selling a sixth of the seats.

So only less than 500 seats available in the normally 2700 seated capacity upper west stand.

When you think at least 150 to 200 people were reported to be queuing up at ticket office on Monday morning at 10am, it’s not unreasonable that Upper West Stand sold out quickly.

And I thought head teachers could add up and use common sense. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:29 am

I’ve seen many teachers that use neither.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:31 am

Anyway, back to it. Realistically they can’t sell the full allocation of last season’s ticket holders, tickets. With the space required it’s impossible, so some will miss out.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 am

part time pete wrote:

you are not alone, going to be some very wazzed off long standing season ticket holders having to move stands, oh boy get ready !!!

For season tickets holders who work full time & don’t live in Mansfield the only option was phone & email sadly didn’t happen, i really hope the club have guaranteed them their original seat back next season

oh well back to ladder on Bishop street for me
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
part time pete wrote:

you are not alone, going to be some very wazzed off long standing season ticket holders having to move stands, oh boy get ready !!!

For season tickets holders who work full time & don’t live in Mansfield the only option was phone & email sadly didn’t happen, i really hope the club have guaranteed them their original seat back next season

oh well back to ladder on Bishop street for me

They can’t guarantee anyone their original seats
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:56 am

what?

they are not going to let season ticket holders back in their original seats when it’s over, where you heard that ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:01 am

“ i really hope the club have guaranteed them their original seat back next season“

That’s an unrealistic hope when most people are having to be moved, some
Further then others but if there expecting to be sat in their exact seat then they are most likely going to be disappointed.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum