{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets on sale 2020/21 (*now on general sale*)

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season tickets on sale 2020/21 To existing ticket holder

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:17 am

I am Spartacus wrote:Whilst we bemoan, in a way that is so expected of Stagsnet, how seats are allocated in a post-lockdown field Mill does anyone know how the teams that were offering early bird season tickets at the end of May are allocating seats?

Or indeed clubs where the number of season ticket holders far outweighs the 25% of capacity that we are basing re-entry upon?

There will ticket offices up and down the country scratching their heads harder than our ticket office staff.

I think 25% is a very ambitious figure. The basic figure, assuming everybody sits in single seats, is 1 in 6 (every 3rd seat on every second row) which is just under 17%. Even allowing for family groups/bubbles, I would be very surprised if we end up selling more than 20% of our capacity.
Bigger teams with a lot of season ticket holders will have a logistical nightmare trying to come up with a fair way to allocate them. As an example, Forest have a capacity of just over 30k and sold 20k season tickets in 2019/20. Assuming they are working to the same guidelines as we are, they will only be able to sell around 6k for 2020/21.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:21 am

I’d be amazed if there were many matches where fans would be allowed to watch this season. A bigger spike of the virus is expected in the autumn. I can’t see how it will happen, but then what happens with refunds etc. It’s actually farcical.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby zygon2003 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:20 pm

Got mine today, refused the refund and offers and happy to support to the club.

After reading the forum I was expecting hell and a seat in the QLE, but the ticket office were great and kindly found me a seat in the IGL on the end of a row, which I like as often need the loo after the usual six pre-match pints.

I am actually not expecting to see a game this season and not sure how they could afford refunds if we didn't see any football in 2020-21 (be around £400k) but hopefully my contribution will help get us through a tough time.
zygon2003
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby west country stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:21 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
west country stag wrote:Does anybody know what our home capacity is set at , whilst social distancing is in place ??

Theres no precise set capacity from sounds of things. The clubs just playing it by social distancing guidelines and working in groups of bubbles so on some rows your could have two groups of bubbles with 8 or 9 people sat in a row then a two metre gape then another 6 or 7 people sat side by side.

... IM FOREVER BLOWING BUBBLES !!!!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Just to support the thread itself I live in Nottingham so decided to ring rather than visit the office. On hold for maybe ten minutes then someone called Danielle dealt with me efficiently and courteously considering the hassle and disgruntled responses they must be getting. Ian Greaves upper gone so happily transferred to the North Stand and back to my early 70s youth. Didn't take the refund and would go back tomorrow if I could whatever the restrictions apart from wearing a face nappie.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:14 pm

All of this is nothing to do with the Stags. Please keep the discussion on topic
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:22 pm

Another thread turned into a political point scoring exercise, brilliant

Back on topic, did my ST on Tuesday, also did my mates and his two Son’s without him being there in person.
Not sure why other supporters have been told no?
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:34 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:All of this is nothing to do with the Stags. Please keep the discussion on topic

Have some posts been deleted as I can’t see anything that’s not on topic?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:36 pm

Dan wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:All of this is nothing to do with the Stags. Please keep the discussion on topic

Me neither Dan.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:39 pm

Dan wrote:

yes
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:14 pm

I'm not too bothered with having to move to a different stand and lose the usual view I like. Ok I am disappointed but I accept these are exceptional times and there's bigger issues afoot currently. If I get to see a game this season, no matter from what angle, I will be happy. What I am really dissatisfied with is, is how this has been managed.

I'm not angry with the staff in the office. When I finally spoke to them to sort it, the lady was most courteous and helpful. I don't believe this is their fault and they don't deserve some of the flack I imagine they have been on the receiving end of. The club launched a sale of season tickets but didnt have the infrastructure in place to deal with it. It's a style of public engagement that I thought we left behind a few years ago. These are unprecedented times for every industry, and I guess MTFC and other lower league clubs, especially, may be excused in some respects however there's been plenty of time to agree an approach and ensure resources / systems were in place to support it and ensure it was fair to all supporters.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:03 pm

zygon2003 wrote:Got mine today, refused the refund and offers and happy to support to the club.

After reading the forum I was expecting hell and a seat in the QLE, but the ticket office were great and kindly found me a seat in the IGL on the end of a row, which I like as often need the loo after the usual six pre-match pints.

I am actually not expecting to see a game this season and not sure how they could afford refunds if we didn't see any football in 2020-21 (be around £400k) but hopefully my contribution will help get us through a tough time.

As my earlier post was deleted due to the 'off topic' part of it, I will post my view on refunds again.
I think the club have been very clever in not mentioning this situation, and I am sure most clubs will do the same thing, for 2 reasons.
1) They would potentially be setting themselves up for a huge outlay at a time when finances were very tight if they committed to refunds now.
2) Announcing 'no refunds' would potentially put people off paying out for a ticket they may not have the opportunity to use fully, and the club really needs some income at the moment.
However, I think it is highly unlikely that the club will offer any refunds on 2020/21 season tickets as they have made it clear from the start that any games played behind closed doors will be available to view on Ifollow for free to all season ticket holders. Therefore, they have offered the most suitable alternative that is available under the circumstances that are beyond their control. This is a similar scenario to a rail service being cancelled and a replacement bus service being offered, and refunds are not available in those cases.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:11 pm

The club have said they are working between 17% and 30% capacity based on initial advice.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:27 pm

I think the big issue with refunds for 20/21 season is if games are not played at all even behind closed doors.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby The One » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:42 pm

part time pete wrote:I think the big issue with refunds for 20/21 season is if games are not played at all even behind closed doors.

Who wants a magazine for the homeless in exchange ? :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:49 pm

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:50 pm

part time pete wrote:I think the big issue with refunds for 20/21 season is if games are not played at all even behind closed doors.

But if the season doesn't start on time then surely the season ticket will be eligible for when the next season kicks off, whenever that might be ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby brum » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

Spent first couple of days trying on the phone. Sent email and got reply next day to say they are busy with people at the window but told me what was available, so I replied with my preferences but would take anything given the circumstances. Not heard back so spent rest of week continually trying on the phone (I've now got red tabs!). I fully appreciate how busy the staff are but so frustrated by the process, making it very difficult for exiled fans. If they cant manage phone or email renewals then please tell us. As others have said this is not the staff fault but how it has been managed. Was even considering driving 3 hour round trip which is ridiculous but work prevents that at moment. Wonder if I call a local taxi firm to go to ground and then call me when they are at the window, would that work? (I know I should call the club to find out!)
brum
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:57 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

So if they sell 30% but the advice changes to 17%, how do they decide who misses out?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:41 am

Just to follow up on my earlier post about refunds, I decided to have a look at other clubs websites and the first one I randomly picked was Blackpool.
Their season tickets went on sale on Wednesday, with an early bird saving of £30 for the first 2 weeks.
The following statement is included in the details.

In the event that any home fixtures included as part of your season ticket are played behind closed doors, or with a reduced capacity that affects your entrance to the stadium during the 20/21 season, it will be the Club’s intention (subject to governing body permissions) to provide you with a streaming voucher for the iFollow system or some equivalent service to view the fixture free of charge.

There will be no refund to a season ticket holder in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors or due to a reduced capacity stadium so long as the fixture has been made available via a streaming service.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:12 pm

Just renewed our tickets earlier today. Only North Stand and Quarry Lane left. The lady in the office who I might add was working alone so never stopped with a steady flow of fans renewing was really helpful. Was asked what we wanted to do with the monies remaining from last season. Took 1 refund and 2 other tickets were donated to the club.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Phill » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:19 pm

Still no answer on the phone - keep getting cut off.
Still no response to my email from Monday
Appreciate they are busy, but i don't have a choice to pop over as i have a job Mon - Fri 9-5.
Is the ticket office open over the weekend?
Phill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:51 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The club have said they are working between 17% and 30% capacity based on initial advice.

If you are interested then you can read the Sports Ground Safety Authority's "Planning for Social Distancing at Sports Grounds" here with examples of seat allocation.

https://sgsa.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/ ... rounds.pdf

It also deals with the issue of "the brush past" which is a major problem with narrow rows of seats in most stadiums.

a. The ‘brush past’
Unless an entire row of seats is occupied by spectators from the same social bubble, spectators wishing to access their seats or leave their seats during an event will need to pass in front of, or brush past, other spectators from a different social bubble. Both the management and the spectators will need to assess the possible risks inherent in this action and, if deemed necessary, adopt control measures to minimise such risks. These measures might include:

i. choosing to allocate seats in one row to the same social bubble
ii. requesting spectators to wear face masks
iii. requesting spectators on the move to turn their backs as they brush past other spectators, thereby avoiding face-to-face contact
iv. requesting spectators to take up their seats, and to vacate their seats, during specified time slots
v. requesting that spectators remain in their seats throughout the event, wherever possible.

Whichever, if any of these or other control measures are adopted, it is vital that those seeking to purchase tickets in the area in question are advised in advance of the control measures that will be in place so that they decide whether or not they wish to proceed with the transaction. As strongly recommended in Section SG02 3.12, it is also expected that management will address the issue of the brush past in its Spectators’ Code of Conduct.

It also deals with calculating stadium and concourse capacities and entrance and exit capacities.

I imagine many fans will climb up or down to the empty rows behind or in front of them to enter and exit but this probably raises further health & safety issues!
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Took the free tickets to games. Brother in law only attends if my ST is available, he wouldn't pay. If the bar is open he'll cover the price of half the ticket so it's a win for the club.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:54 pm

I see Carlisle have issued draft ‘rules’ for spectators when allowed back in.

https://www.carlisleunited.co.uk/siteas ... t-2020.pdf

Note it says, club does not allow anyone using a ticket that not is in their name.

Fans must not pass on or sell tickets to any other individual, including anyone with their social
bubble**
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum