{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

update from John & Carolyn Radford

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: update from John & Carolyn Radford

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:38 pm

For anyone who is interested, I have received a response from the club.

The same issue was raised by a number of different League Two clubs at the meeting this afternoon. It is likely to be decided by a vote from clubs in each respective league, expected to take place within the next 14 days. Individual clubs are not permitted to make their own decisions on the situation.

I will update again when I hear further.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:52 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Big yella wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.

I mean, they are stumping up £375 to watch league 2 football for a season. If you don't give priority to season ticket holders, then who do you give priority to?

Well what about the fan who turned up to all our home games, paid £22 for a pre bought ticket each time (£374) and isn't allowed in when we reopen, isn't offered a 6 game refund, isn't offered 6 free tickets and isn't offered 6 free entries next season even though they aren't already getting a reduced price. Why can't they get some priority?

People who have pre bought match tickets have been offered a refund or the option to exchange for a ticket voucher.

I wasn't referring to the games that were left unplayed, but the 17 games that were played at The Mill. If someone had pre booked their ticket to pay £22 rather than £24 on the day they would have spent £374 attending games last season and are being offered nothing for their loyalty.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:53 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:So how much is the refund for the games missed?

I don't think a figure has been announced but at £375 for 23 games, the 6 missed games works out at £97.83.
Whether they will offer less to those that paid £350 for early bird is another question, but that would work out at £91.30.

I sincerely hope they do give the lower figure to those that paid £350

I don't see why they should. It was an early bird discount for giving the club money at a time of reduced income. The value of the ticket was still the same so they have still missed out on the same amount as those who paid the full price.

You really do take the piss. What with this post and the one further up, talk about want your cake and eat it.

You say further up you're happy to pay 375 to help the club financially then go on to say you really are not happy as there's a 25 increase so I want my money back, so sod the club!!!

You deserve Haslam in charge. The Radfords have given us a club to be proud of again, keep pouring money in to keep it like that and you're moaning about 25 quid even though you've worked through and are financially sound, then have the cheek to want your refund worked out on 375 even though you paid 350!!!

You should be flipping ashamed and let's just hope they don't take your attitude personally and pull the plug.
I hope JR delivers your refund personally in the copter just to make you feel that little bit better!!

Yeah that's me - selfish through and through.
Been putting my money up front for a season ticket for 20 years with no idea what was going to be on offer, despite only making about 15-16 games a season due to other commitments.
Planning to put my money up front again this season despite not knowing if or when supporters will be allowed into the ground.
I really should be ashamed.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Big yella wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.

I mean, they are stumping up £375 to watch league 2 football for a season. If you don't give priority to season ticket holders, then who do you give priority to?

Well what about the fan who turned up to all our home games, paid £22 for a pre bought ticket each time (£374) and isn't allowed in when we reopen, isn't offered a 6 game refund, isn't offered 6 free tickets and isn't offered 6 free entries next season even though they aren't already getting a reduced price. Why can't they get some priority?

If you choose to pay on a match by match basis then it is exactly that- your choice. If you know you are going to attend the majority of matches the you should really get a ST. There are financial options to make this easier/ more affordable.
There are benefits to the club of having the monies from STs early and in return the ST holder gets a discount plus other benefits ( priority for big away matches/ cup ties) and the ease of getting through the turnstile without having to queue or pre order a ticket.
Personally I know I can’t get to all home matches (particularly mid week) so pay around £19 a match in a full season.
I will probably claim vouchers for the unplayed games and use them for cup matches (or IF I’m feeling generous then I might give them to some needy supporter when everyone is allowed back to FM.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:For anyone who is interested, I have received a response from the club.

The same issue was raised by a number of different League Two clubs at the meeting this afternoon. It is likely to be decided by a vote from clubs in each respective league, expected to take place within the next 14 days. Individual clubs are not permitted to make their own decisions on the situation.

I will update again when I hear further.

To clarify, this related to the question of people renewing their ST who may not personally feel safe to attend when the doors do eventually reopen, receiving free vouchers to watch on iFollow as a substitute.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Old amber » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:16 pm

What a winging set of so called fans ... what else do you expect the Radford to do..? They are victims of all this crap
As well.... if they walked away you’d still be moaning .. ok none of us know what’s going to happen we might not even see our new team play at the ground for a long time... voucher or season ticket? It’s anybody's guess take what’s on offer
And stop winging or stop at home on a Saturday watching repeats on the beeb..
Old amber
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:18 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
I sincerely hope they do give the lower figure to those that paid £350

I don't see why they should. It was an early bird discount for giving the club money at a time of reduced income. The value of the ticket was still the same so they have still missed out on the same amount as those who paid the full price.[/quote]

You really do take the piss. What with this post and the one further up, talk about want your cake and eat it.

You say further up you're happy to pay 375 to help the club financially then go on to say you really are not happy as there's a 25 increase so I want my money back, so sod the club!!!

You deserve Haslam in charge. The Radfords have given us a club to be proud of again, keep pouring money in to keep it like that and you're moaning about 25 quid even though you've worked through and are financially sound, then have the cheek to want your refund worked out on 375 even though you paid 350!!!

You should be flipping ashamed and let's just hope they don't take your attitude personally and pull the plug.
I hope JR delivers your refund personally in the copter just to make you feel that little bit better!![/quote]
Yeah that's me - selfish through and through.
Been putting my money up front for a season ticket for 20 years with no idea what was going to be on offer, despite only making about 15-16 games a season due to other commitments.
Planning to put my money up front again this season despite not knowing if or when supporters will be allowed into the ground.
I really should be ashamed.[/quote]

You make The Major look a saint!!

Unprecedented times, forget previous years they're gone. The club needs us and you moan about 25 spunking quid and still can't get my head around you want a full refund when you didn't pay full !!!
If I was asking for that I'd be thoroughly ashamed, in no way shape or form is that acceptable.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:39 pm

It is a fact in English civil law that if the wheel comes off and it comes to compensation, you cannot get betterment. In other words, you cannot get back more than you paid unless you have consequential loss (eg fire damage caused by a faulty electrical appliance).

So no extra money for early bird buyers despite what the ticket may or may not be worth. And seeing as the rules say you can't transfer them to a third party, the worth is probably diddly squat.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:00 pm

;) All over a Pony :D

Pony is a British English slang betting term for a £25 bet. For instance, 'Sam wagered a pony on Red Rum to win the Grand National'. The word 'pony' originates from Cockney rhyming slang.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:;) All over a Pony :D

Pony is a British English slang betting term for a £25 bet. For instance, 'Sam wagered a pony on Red Rum to win the Grand National'. The word 'pony' originates from Cockney rhyming slang.

Not sure 'pony' = £25 is rhymning slang.

That would be 'pony & trap' :)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 pm

T'club can keep my dosh.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:I sincerely hope they do give the lower figure to those that paid £350

Unprecedented times, forget previous years they're gone. The club needs us and you moan about 25 spunking quid and still can't get my head around you want a full refund when you didn't pay full !!!
If I was asking for that I'd be thoroughly ashamed, in no way shape or form is that acceptable.

I really don't give a toss what an anonymous person on an internet forum thinks of me when he knows very little about my personal circumstances.
But just for the record, all I actually did was politely answer somebody's question about the value of the potential refund with the 2 possible figures. You chose to turn it hostile by giving your opinion as to how much people should be getting when, unless you are a ST holder, it has sod all to do with you. I can only assume from your responses that you aren't an ST holder and you are one of these people who are bitter towards those of us that are.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:I sincerely hope they do give the lower figure to those that paid £350

I really don't give a toss what an anonymous person on an internet forum thinks of me when he knows very little about my personal circumstances.
But just for the record, all I actually did was politely answer somebody's question about the value of the potential refund with the 2 possible figures. You chose to turn it hostile by giving your opinion as to how much people should be getting when, unless you are a ST holder, it has sod all to do with you. I can only assume from your responses that you aren't an ST holder and you are one of these people who are bitter towards those of us that are.

You sad sad man.

I asked you how much the refund was and yes I felt hostile but that's just turned to pity.
They've given us a club to be proud of and you spit your dummy out over 25 poxy quid and want a refund to cover it and the extra even though you paid less, you couldn't make it up.

I pay full whack as I see that as really giving that bit extra to the club and I want nothing back in return except a club to support in these difficult times.

Bitter I'm certainly not of any ST holder as you wrongly assume.

Goodnight my pitiful friend, dream of your refund.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:27 pm

With parts of lancs and yorks in partial lockdown cannot see games going ahead.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You sad sad man.

I asked you how much the refund was and yes I felt hostile but that's just turned to pity.
They've given us a club to be proud of and you spit your dummy out over 25 poxy quid and want a refund to cover it and the extra even though you paid less, you couldn't make it up.

I pay full whack as I see that as really giving that bit extra to the club and I want nothing back in return except a club to support in these difficult times.

This.

Season ticket holders love to tell how they prop up the club financially, whilst putting in less than pay on the day every gamers, yet continually demanding extra for the privilege of getting paying less, and then whining it’s not enough when they get it.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:31 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You sad sad man.

Simple question then.
The return of crowds in October is still only provisional depending on positive progress on case numbers. Considering that more areas are now being put into local lockdown it would seem that is becoming less likely.
It is quite possible that games are played behind closed doors for several months possibly even into 2021. How much of your 'full whack' will you be giving to the club if that is the case ?
Meanwhile, ST holders will have shelled out between £280-375 (depending on if they took the refund or not) and not seen a live game. Can you see my issue ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:49 pm

Big yella wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You sad sad man.

This.

Season ticket holders love to tell how they prop up the club financially, whilst putting in less than pay on the day every gamers, yet continually demanding extra for the privilege of getting paying less, and then whining it’s not enough when they get it.

A season ticket is a guaranteed lump sum for the club in advance, whether that season ticket holder attends a game or not. Hence they are rewarded for, in effect, blind loyalty, by being given a discount and certain benefits. This has been the case for years, and it shouldn’t come as a shock when season ticket holders are given priority.

A pay on the day every game is not a guaranteed customer. They could choose not to attend due to poor form, they could fall ill or have personal issues which mean they cannot attend through no fault of their own. Either way, that person is not making a guaranteed commitment to the club, in advance. If a person does attend more pay on the day games than the cost of a season ticket, that person should be bright enough, if their financial circumstances allow, to think about buying a season ticket. This is after all what the club encourages fans to do every summer. They want you to buy a season ticket.

A simple question. If clubs did not benefit financially from selling season tickets and receiving all those lump sums up front, why wouldn’t they make it pay on the day for everyone?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:22 am

I can see both sides of the season ticket issue but don't really see anything to get upset about.

Yes it's good for the club to get the money up front but don't forget it also cuts down on their costs and work. By issuing one ticket, not only do you get the money up front (but a much reduced sum) but you don't have to employ someone to process 23 tickets or provide the paper/printing machines/ink etc if season tickets don't exist.

The flip side is that income for the club is reduced but you have guaranteed income and it's easier to plan for the season. If the season is progressing poorly, you probably get more income through the ST but if going well the club will probably take less money by issuing the ST. It's a gamble and either side can win.

As the choice to buy a season ticket is normally available to everyone, I can't see a reason to argue and bicker about it. You pays your money and take your choice. It's the club that is taking the gamble really as they are the ones balancing the finances. And don't forget, they don't normally enforce the rule around allowing others to use your ticket if you can't get, probably as they would sell less if they did.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:29 am

Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You sad sad man.

Simple question then.
The return of crowds in October is still only provisional depending on positive progress on case numbers. Considering that more areas are now being put into local lockdown it would seem that is becoming less likely.
It is quite possible that games are played behind closed doors for several months possibly even into 2021. How much of your 'full whack' will you be giving to the club if that is the case ?
Meanwhile, ST holders will have shelled out between £280-375 (depending on if they took the refund or not) and not seen a live game. Can you see my issue ?

We think very differently Dave therein lies the problem.

I'm assessing the situation due to these strange times and actually believe we won't be allowed in for longer than people think. So if after you've had first dibs and there's room for more I shall indeed buy a ST for the first time in a while.
I do this to help the club due to the situation, you're doing your 'normal' thing.

The biggest thing I took "issue" with was you stating it was only right that you got a full refund on £375 when you only paid £350 is morally corrupt and I suppose legally fraud as Sandy Pate alluded to? That thought process was shameful.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:30 am

I haven’t been a season ticket holder for a few years since the QLE members card, which gives a bit more flexibility, but surely nobody can argue that Season Tickets are the lifeblood of the club financially. If a club isn’t doing well, hundreds of pay on the day fans don’t turn up. If they do well, then hundreds of extra fans turn up, maybe for all 23 games but they then can’t moan that they provide the bigger financial backing and deserve a pat on the back.
It’s the reason I chose the member card recently as it gives me flexibility to choose.
Clubs need the ST money. ST holders deserve some slack.
They are the ones, when the chips are down, that fund a lot of these players coming in early doors. The Radfords wouldn’t sell them if they didn’t need them. Neither would Man U or Liverpool.
It’s also a loyalty thing in any sport and makes you feel part of the club. I feel less part of it with the members card but recently decided to make that choice for personal reasons. I will go back one day to a ST. That’s the choice we have.
ST holders deserve some sort of loyalty reward/bonus imho!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:43 am

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

You sad sad man.

Simple question then.

I'm assessing the situation due to these strange times and actually believe we won't be allowed in for longer than people think. So if after you've had first dibs and there's room for more I shall indeed buy a ST for the first time in a while.
I do this to help the club due to the situation, you're doing your 'normal' thing.

The biggest thing I took "issue" with was you stating it was only right that you got a full refund on £375 when you only paid £350 is morally corrupt and I suppose legally fraud as Sandy Pate alluded to? That thought process was shameful.

A bit of a correction here Parky.

I didn't say it was fraud, as that is a criminal offence and I was talking about civil law. Essentially you can ask for whatever you like and if the other party agrees you are quids in. If they don't agree and the case goes before a civil court for a judgement, you will not receive betterment as you are not entitled to it. So an early birder won't get the full price unless the club agree to pay it but then again why should they?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:47 am

But just for the record, all I actually did was politely answer somebody's question about the value of the potential refund with the 2 possible figures. You chose to turn it hostile by giving your opinion as to how much people should be getting when, unless you are a ST holder, it has sod all to do with you. I can only assume from your responses that you aren't an ST holder and you are one of these people who are bitter towards those of us that are.[/quote]

You sad sad man.

Goodnight my pitiful friend, dream of your refund.[/quote]
Simple question then.
Meanwhile, ST holders will have shelled out between £280-375 (depending on if they took the refund or not) and not seen a live game. Can you see my issue ?[/quote]

The biggest thing I took "issue" with was you stating it was only right that you got a full refund on £375 when you only paid £350 is morally corrupt and I suppose legally fraud as Sandy Pate alluded to? That thought process was shameful.[/quote]

A bit of a correction here Parky.

I didn't say it was fraud, as that is a criminal offence and I was talking about civil law. Essentially you can ask for whatever you like and if the other party agrees you are quids in. If they don't agree and the case goes before a civil court for a judgement, you will not receive betterment as you are not entitled to it. So an early birder won't get the full price unless the club agree to pay it but then again why should they?[/quote]

That's fine Sandy hence I'd put the question mark.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:50 am

The elephant in the room here is, for me, that this is an invitation to part with £375 for a product that is quite unlikely to be delivered.

Whilst it's great to help the club financially now. Where will it leave the club at the start of next season when the potential refund levels maybe at £200 a pop. The bigger that number gets, the more folk are going to start asking for their money back.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:09 am

Sneag wrote:The elephant in the room here is, for me, that this is an invitation to part with £375 for a product that is quite unlikely to be delivered.

Whilst it's great to help the club financially now. Where will it leave the club at the start of next season when the potential refund levels maybe at £200 a pop. The bigger that number gets, the more folk are going to start asking for their money back.

Exactly. If I part with £375 now and subsequently am only permitted to attend approx half these games I do not wish to be compensated with the offer of watching the match on a live stream until I can attend without the possibility of a pro-rata refund.
If the club can guarantee a refund scheme similar to 2019-20 then I will gladly renew my season ticket, otherwise probably not.
Has the club issued this guarantee yet?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 am

ST4GS wrote:
Sneag wrote:The elephant in the room here is, for me, that this is an invitation to part with £375 for a product that is quite unlikely to be delivered.

Exactly. If I part with £375 now and subsequently am only permitted to attend approx half these games I do not wish to be compensated with the offer of watching the match on a live stream until I can attend without the possibility of a pro-rata refund.
If the club can guarantee a refund scheme similar to 2019-20 then I will gladly renew my season ticket, otherwise probably not.
Has the club issued this guarantee yet?

It's a future risk for the club IMO. With localised lockdowns popping up, how realistic is the idea of having fans at live sport by October?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum