{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

update from John & Carolyn Radford

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: update from John & Carolyn Radford

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:20 am

yorkstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.

Please enlighten me- what privileges do season ticket holders get.?

I seem to have started something here I didn’t intend. I actually meant that they should have rewarded loyalty for existing season ticket holders (like me!) by offering a lower price. I see re reading it now you could read it the opposite way.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby ST4GS » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:32 am

Will a season ticket holder of lets say 20 years+ who does not wish to return to Field Mill (OCS) under the current circumstances (either due to shielding issues or personal choice) and also does not wish to watch matches on a TV/stream like the millions of LFC / MUFC armchair fans do every weekend lose their existing seat when (fingers crossed) things get back to normal in a year or so if they do not purchase a season ticket for season 2020/21?
Hopefully there will be a system where historic seats are saved?
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:34 am

ST4GS wrote:Will a season ticket holder of lets say 20 years+ who does not wish to return to Field Mill (OCS) under the current circumstances (either due to shielding issues or personal choice) and also does not wish to watch matches on a TV/stream like the millions of LFC / MUFC armchair fans do every weekend lose their existing seat when (fingers crossed) things get back to normal in a year or so if they do not purchase a season ticket for season 2020/21?

Unless you stump up for a new season ticket, your seat will be fair game for the club to sell.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:39 am

I suppose it depends how close you were to another season ticket holder. Being logical the club are only going to sell to existing holders. So if you sat within probably 2 seats of another STH the club won't be selling your seat even if they have to spread STHs out for Covid reasons. So unless you are a Billy no mates you will probably be ok providing you buy when they go back on general sale.

All theory of course.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:42 am

I’ll be renewing but considering the price has in actual fact gone up from what I paid last season I’ll want the discount from the games that were cancelled.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:43 am

Conker wrote:I’ll be renewing but considering the price has in actual fact gone up from what I paid last season I’ll want the discount from the games that were cancelled.

I’m the same. Option 3 for me.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:54 am

Conker wrote:I’ll be renewing but considering the price has in actual fact gone up from what I paid last season I’ll want the discount from the games that were cancelled.

I guess they may have factored that into the pricing and I think it reasonable for fans to want the discount applied.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:55 am

88BenM wrote:
ST4GS wrote:Will a season ticket holder of lets say 20 years+ who does not wish to return to Field Mill (OCS) under the current circumstances (either due to shielding issues or personal choice) and also does not wish to watch matches on a TV/stream like the millions of LFC / MUFC armchair fans do every weekend lose their existing seat when (fingers crossed) things get back to normal in a year or so if they do not purchase a season ticket for season 2020/21?

Unless you stump up for a new season ticket, your seat will be fair game for the club to sell.

What if you stump up for a season ticket but cannot have your usual seat due to distancing , Can we sit in our usual seats next Season or when restrictions are eased .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:36 am

lifestags wrote:

Same here.
My original thought several months ago was that I was happy with no refund.
However, with the ST priced at £25 more than I paid last year, and the possibility that I might not use it until halfway through the season, I will be taking the discount against my new ticket.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Same here.
However, with the ST priced at £25 more than I paid last year, and the possibility that I might not use it until halfway through the season, I will be taking the discount against my new ticket.

I'm seriously considering a year off.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:02 pm

It is very complicated as you have to plan for a very abnormal year with a view to everything be back to as it was at some stage.
In particular I have a lot of sympathy with those who have concerns from a health view.
My own view is that we get through this year and look again with a view to ST holders moving back to where they were.
I’m not convinced tho that things will be back normal by June 21
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:12 pm

yorkstag wrote:It is very complicated as you have to plan for a very abnormal year with a view to everything be back to as it was at some stage.
In particular I have a lot of sympathy with those who have concerns from a health view.
My own view is that we get through this year and look again with a view to ST holders moving back to where they were.
I’m not convinced tho that things will be back normal by June 21

Reasons to be cheerful . Part 1
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Sneag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Same here.

As I have said on here before, I am in the fortunate position that I have worked full time from home throughout the lockdown and therefore haven't suffered financially. For this reason I am happy to pay for an ST that I may only partially (or not at all) benefit from, in order to give some financial support to the club. But having missed a quarter of last season, I am not prepared to pay even more for this year's ST so I will take the refund against the cost.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:55 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Same here.

As I have said on here before, I am in the fortunate position that I have worked full time from home throughout the lockdown and therefore haven't suffered financially. For this reason I am happy to pay for an ST that I may only partially (or not at all) benefit from, in order to give some financial support to the club. But having missed a quarter of last season, I am not prepared to pay even more for this year's ST so I will take the refund against the cost.

Each to their own. I couldn’t get too annoyed about the £25. (The ST is the same price as last year but, for obvious reasons, there’s no sense in the early bird discount). I’m happy for the club to have it. But, as I say, each to their own.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:01 pm

People have their own views ,difference is now they can air them on social media ,,i will just go with the flow no refund no problem ,i pays my money i makes my choice :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:08 pm

So how much is the refund for the games missed?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:So how much is the refund for the games missed?

I don't think a figure has been announced but at £375 for 23 games, the 6 missed games works out at £97.83.
Whether they will offer less to those that paid £350 for early bird is another question, but that would work out at £91.30.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:

I don't think a figure has been announced but at £375 for 23 games, the 6 missed games works out at £97.83.
Whether they will offer less to those that paid £350 for early bird is another question, but that would work out at £91.30.

I sincerely hope they do give the lower figure to those that paid £350
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:31 pm

Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

I don't see why they should. It was an early bird discount for giving the club money at a time of reduced income. The value of the ticket was still the same so they have still missed out on the same amount as those who paid the full price.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Parkinsons Perm wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

I don't see why they should. It was an early bird discount for giving the club money at a time of reduced income. The value of the ticket was still the same so they have still missed out on the same amount as those who paid the full price.

You really do take the piss. What with this post and the one further up, talk about want your cake and eat it.

You say further up you're happy to pay 375 to help the club financially then go on to say you really are not happy as there's a 25 increase so I want my money back, so sod the club!!!

You deserve Haslam in charge. The Radfords have given us a club to be proud of again, keep pouring money in to keep it like that and you're moaning about 25 quid even though you've worked through and are financially sound, then have the cheek to want your refund worked out on 375 even though you paid 350!!!

You should be flipping ashamed and let's just hope they don't take your attitude personally and pull the plug.
I hope JR delivers your refund personally in the copter just to make you feel that little bit better!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby 1tb » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 pm

I emailed today to try and renew online. I have been told that the row we normally sit in has been designated as blocked due to the restrictions.(West Stand Upper) I have been offered the row in front or behind. I'm reluctant to take these as I know the people who sit there and don't want to take theirs. Looks like the North stand for me, but I would like a reassurance that my usual seat will be available as and when.
1tb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:00 pm

All this shows they messed the messaging up.
If they had said we appreciate this is a difficult time for everyone including us and we’d like to offer the loyal Stags fans the chance to renew their season tickets for 300 quid the everyone would be happy. They could have said we appreciate that you may lose some games and that’s reflected in the price.
They could have added that the ‘standard’ price for next year is 375 and if fans want to make that extra 75 donation then that would be very appreciated in these difficult times.
The options they’ve given have the alternative of fans feeing guilt tripped into the extra 75 or feeling short changed because they may not see the games for the 375 and/or they want their refund.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:07 pm

I bet all the staff at the club shop are really looking forward to all the positive energy coming their way when the tkt office opens next week. They have not set the protocols on tkts or any other pricing initiative. Unprecedented is a word that seems to have been forgotten here just like social distancing. Come on people's football is nearly back, something none of us envisaged shortly after returning from Northampton last season.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Big yella » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
Big yella wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I rarely complain (honestly) but is anyone else like me thinking this is a bit of a disappointing approach and emphasis for existing season ticket holders?

Oh your for it now.

You mustn't ever question the privileges that season ticket holders get. In fact you should be asking why they don't get more.

I mean, they are stumping up £375 to watch league 2 football for a season. If you don't give priority to season ticket holders, then who do you give priority to?

Well what about the fan who turned up to all our home games, paid £22 for a pre bought ticket each time (£374) and isn't allowed in when we reopen, isn't offered a 6 game refund, isn't offered 6 free tickets and isn't offered 6 free entries next season even though they aren't already getting a reduced price. Why can't they get some priority?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Big yella wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Oh your for it now.

I mean, they are stumping up £375 to watch league 2 football for a season. If you don't give priority to season ticket holders, then who do you give priority to?

Well what about the fan who turned up to all our home games, paid £22 for a pre bought ticket each time (£374) and isn't allowed in when we reopen, isn't offered a 6 game refund, isn't offered 6 free tickets and isn't offered 6 free entries next season even though they aren't already getting a reduced price. Why can't they get some priority?

People who have pre bought match tickets have been offered a refund or the option to exchange for a ticket voucher.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum