{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Cook

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Andy Cook

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

If Andy Cook is only on £2,000 per week then he has an absolutely terrible agent. Matt Green and Jake Speight were not far off being paid that in the National League and I think when Matt Green returned to the Stags it was said we were paying him nearly £3,000 per week (£2,700).

Andy Cook was a League 1 striker who had scored 13 goals and a club was paying a big transfer fee for him. He was in demand and so his agent held all the cards to get him a really good deal. The agent would also have had a good idea of the big wages that had been paid out by the Stags under Steve Evans and David Flitcroft.

Most in demand strikers would usually also be paid a signing on fee paid over the length of the contract plus goal and promotion bonuses.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:30 pm

Norman ,why are we waiting , you know no one will believe you in the future ;)

Then again no one believed you before :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:49 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:I think 4K is a fair estimate.

I dont :lol:

He was allegedly on around 2.5k a week at Walsall.

Ive still got access to some scouting software a lot of professional clubs use, I think the wages on it are estimated but its pretty close and has cook in the 2-3K bracket. Must be some truth or accuracy in it. I would love to know if its accurate, probably not.

Interestingly Bruno Andrade at Salford is listed 9-10K :o Betfred owners apparently sponsoring a lot of Salford players and helping to get around ffp through add ons and bonuses. I think they still sponsor the ground.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

Ive still got access to some scouting software a lot of professional clubs use, I think the wages on it are estimated but its pretty close and has cook in the 2-3K bracket. Must be some truth or accuracy in it. I would love to know if its accurate, probably not.

Interestingly Bruno Andrade at Salford is listed 9-10K :o Betfred owners apparently sponsoring a lot of Salford players and helping to get around ffp through add ons and bonuses. I think they still sponsor the ground.

When you say scouting software, do you mean the Football Manager database? Because those figures match the above and I believe a lot of clubs do use the same database.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:02 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

When you say scouting software, do you mean the Football Manager database? Because those figures match the above and I believe a lot of clubs do use the same database.

You mean the game? :lol: I do know the info in FM games are incredibly accurate and clubs really do use their data you're right. There's two sets of software most pro clubs use, Wyscout and not sure on the other as they've just rebranded it, SSPC or something similar.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm

Yes the game, their database available in a limited format on the internet also, which gives details of contracts as well as a lot of other things. I’m a researcher so I have access to a more detailed version than the online version.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Interestingly Bruno Andrade at Salford is listed 9-10K :o Betfred owners apparently sponsoring a lot of Salford players and helping to get around ffp through add ons and bonuses. I think they still sponsor the ground.

I think Adam Rooney was said to be on £4,000 per week at Salford.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Interestingly Bruno Andrade at Salford is listed 9-10K :o Betfred owners apparently sponsoring a lot of Salford players and helping to get around ffp through add ons and bonuses. I think they still sponsor the ground.

I think Adam Rooney was said to be on £4,000 per week at Salford.

Yes about right I think, Jack Baldwin, Richie Towell and Tom Elliott all around about the same.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:26 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Yes the game, their database available in a limited format on the internet also, which gives details of contracts as well as a lot of other things. I’m a researcher so I have access to a more detailed version than the online version.

Brilliant that, always knew it was accurate but not that accurate
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum