{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

CJ to Blackpool

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: CJ to Blackpool for £300k?

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:01 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Absolutely criminal how he was used he last season - Constantly changing positions and never getting a settled run. Wasted.

Think he’ll have a good season for Blackpool, expect to see him in the championship in the future. We know his limitations but he’s a threat against any opposition.

Limitations? With the right manager an average player can be turned into very good one ala Raheem Sterling. He was good but Pep turned him into a great player. I’m not saying anything near that standard but CJ can still go higher with the right man management imo. Definitely high end championship.

CJs attitude and fitness are excellent, but he has no footballing brain to speak of. A good manager might bring him on, but he's played getting on for 150 games as a pro & he's 25, so it's now or never I think.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Absolutely criminal how he was used he last season - Constantly changing positions and never getting a settled run. Wasted.

Think he’ll have a good season for Blackpool, expect to see him in the championship in the future. We know his limitations but he’s a threat against any opposition.

Limitations? With the right manager an average player can be turned into very good one ala Raheem Sterling. He was good but Pep turned him into a great player. I’m not saying anything near that standard but CJ can still go higher with the right man management imo. Definitely high end championship.

That’s exactly what I have said? He was misused by us I expect to see him in the championship?

Technically he does have limitations. Watched him for 4 years and it’s clear as day that technically he’s not as good as a lot of players at even our level. But that said I was a huge fan of his and like I say, he can cause problems against any opposition at any level in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:51 pm

In a team with other good and committed players CJ will flourish. It wasn’t just that we misused him, there was hardly ever anyone to pass to who was in a position to hurt the opposition. Having to delay his pass made him look average, when he has an option he will find them often enough.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:54 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:In a team with other good and committed players CJ will flourish. It wasn’t just that we misused him, there was hardly ever anyone to pass to who was in a position to hurt the opposition. Having to delay his pass made him look average, when he has an option he will find them often enough.

I can go with that. Essentially boils down to having a poor midfield once again.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:17 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

That’s exactly what I have said? He was misused by us I expect to see him in the championship?

Technically he does have limitations. Watched him for 4 years and it’s clear as day that technically he’s not as good as a lot of players at even our level. But that said I was a huge fan of his and like I say, he can cause problems against any opposition at any level in my opinion.

Sorry BH, I didn’t fully read your post regarding Blackpool having a good season and seeing him in the championship in the future. I must do better next time :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:10 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:In a team with other good and committed players CJ will flourish. It wasn’t just that we misused him, there was hardly ever anyone to pass to who was in a position to hurt the opposition. Having to delay his pass made him look average, when he has an option he will find them often enough.

It was the same with clucas.... shown what he could do with good players around him and our fans thought he was average :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:29 pm

How many seasons was he here. And yet only Flitcroft for about half a season played him in the right position and then he scored goals and set up chances and goals. He needs to be played where he can break past the defence and then he will score and create. Shows what a poor selection of managers we have had that I now think he could flourish elsewhere and could be a million pound player in the championship. Sadly not the first time! Clucas, Baptiste, Gregory and I'm sure there's more.
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:18 pm

CJ scored the opening goal for Blackpool in there 7-2 defeat to Liverpool today .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Billy the fish wrote:CJ scored the opening goal for Blackpool in there 7-2 defeat to Liverpool today .

He won them the pen for their second too. He's gonna be a key player for them this season.

They're playing him on the right in every game I too.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:58 pm

Billy the fish wrote:CJ scored the opening goal for Blackpool in there 7-2 defeat to Liverpool today .

You been out all day ? :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:47 am

Good goal and well taken by CJ yesterday. Chased down and ran their half before slotting in.

ALOT of their fans are impressed with how rapid he is, but also concerns over his decision making and end product.

Whilst he has played a lot of games, and his end product hasn’t changed much, I think this move will be the making of him. Much better coaching, and he’s thriving already. Just needed that move.

I’ll be keeping an eye out for how he’s doing. Scoring yesterday against a strong Liverpool side is fantastic
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:49 pm

I’ve just watched his goal on YouTube and it really was a cracker. If he keeps that up he is only going in one direction.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:56 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’ve just watched his goal on YouTube and it really was a cracker. If he keeps that up he is only going in one direction.

Remember saying this on 3 or 4 occasions during his mansfield career.

Hes got the attribute (pace) to be dangerous against most defenders. Its how he uses it and the end product which hes never really improved on.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:11 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:I’ve just watched his goal on YouTube and it really was a cracker. If he keeps that up he is only going in one direction.

Hes got the attribute (pace) to be dangerous against most defenders. Its how he uses it and the end product which hes never really improved on.

I don't get that. His end product has developed well, but all too often wasted because of slow-thinking forwards being too late to get in position. He's also very good technically, despite some on here doubting it, and is able to wrong foot defenders then use pace to cut through, look up and deliver a variety of passes or shots. His biggest weakness is fragile confidence leading to inconsistency, but with the proper coaching he can overcome that and realise his potential.

This is what we'll have to replace, from the Blackpool Gazette yesterday; after Hamilton had scored his superb solo goal he won a penalty;

"Defensively, Liverpool still looked absolutely terrified of Hamilton whenever the former Mansfield Town player got on the ball.

The 25-year-old was involved in the thick of the action once again when he nipped the ball past the onrushing Alisson before being brought down."
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:19 pm

Bradders wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:

I don't get that. His end product has developed well, but all too often wasted because of slow-thinking forwards being too late to get in position. He's also very good technically, despite some on here doubting it, and is able to wrong foot defenders then use pace to cut through, look up and deliver a variety of passes or shots. His biggest weakness is fragile confidence leading to inconsistency, but with the proper coaching he can overcome that and realise his potential.

This is what we'll have to replace, from the Blackpool Gazette yesterday; after Hamilton had scored his superb solo goal he won a penalty;

"Defensively, Liverpool still looked absolutely terrified of Hamilton whenever the former Mansfield Town player got on the ball.

The 25-year-old was involved in the thick of the action once again when he nipped the ball past the onrushing Alisson before being brought down."

Its hard to name many wingers like him in leagues one and two.... He'll be in the championship if he has another outstanding season.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby KJW STAG » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 pm

Every success to CJ , he is a really good guy.
For these trying times for the club any move to a bigger club will bring us much needed revenue through the sell on clause.
KJW STAG
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:49 pm

The One wrote:

You been out all day ? :D

Nope but sounds like you have :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Two great goals for CJ. Right foot and left foot. That must be worth another £10k

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -0-swindon?
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:19 pm

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Watching the EFL quest highlights, I thought Blackpool’s no.22 was very good. I thought they must have got a young Premier League loanee.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 pm

Had 10 quid on him to score 2 today at 50s
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:45 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Good luck to the lad I say... Hope he goes on to even better things next season!
Had obviously gone stale at the stags and we were never gunna get the best out of him again.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:18 am

Richard Cranium wrote:Had 10 quid on him to score 2 today at 50s

Well done Jake. Put that money to one side and use it to buy a season ticket and a new first team shirt next season. Then buy a beer and raise a glass to CJ. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 am

I'm very pleased for CJ. He''ll get an excellent reception from me if I ever see him play again
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:58 am

Ahh that second goal is Hamilton in a nutshell. I really hope he becomes the player that everyone knows he can be.
James
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum