{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Local Identity - Research request

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Local Identity - Research request

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:14 am

Good morning,
I hope you do not mind being contacted, we have picked up your email address from your fanzine website and would like to ask for your assistance with a piece of research we are doing.
The 2021/22 season will be the 30th season since the old first division was replaced by the Premier League and English football has since developed into a truly global league in terms of players, managers, owners and supporters across the professional leagues. We (a team from Sheffield Hallam University) are researching the importance of developing local players and local identity in the English game from a supporter's perspective for a publication to mark the 30th season. We would really like to get the opinions from supporters from across all of the professional leagues about the importance of local players and local identity in modern football.
This request is for two things, and we hope you can help us on either, or both.
1. Distribute a survey link on our behalf through your social media platforms (Twitter/Facebook) or via any direct email lists which encourages your followers to complete an online survey (which usually takes 3-5 minutes). https://sircsurveys.com/f/1297295/6cbf/

2. For you / someone else in your group of supporters to complete a short online form (6 questions) about your opinions on some key aspects of local player development and local identity https://www.sircsurveys.com/f/41504606/13fe/ We would like to undertake an additional short interview (c.15 mins) with a small proportion of supporters to discuss the importance of local players and local identity, so if you would like to do that please indicate this at the end of the form.

We will not collect any personal information on either of the surveys (other than town/city and decade of birth) or the interview, no-one will be identifiable and, of course, there is no obligation to take part. We are inviting supporters from fanzines/websites from all league clubs to take part.

If you are able to distribute the survey link via social media, please do, and if you are able to answer the questions via our online link, we would be most grateful.

If you want any more information, please let me know.

With kind regards,

Steve Bullough

Sport Industry Research Centre
Sheffield Hallam University
@SteveBullough

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Local Identity - Research request

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Done. And not a question about if my mum was my dad would I pee sitting down. What a refreshing change.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:33 am

Very thought provoking. Would encourage everyone to complete
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:06 am

Done
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:36 am

Done
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby stagone1959 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:26 am

Done
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby garlic » Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:08 pm

interesting set of choices
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:28 pm

garlic wrote:interesting set of choices

Never bother filling these in
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:58 pm

I think this one is worth it . It’s quite interesting and made me think about what’s really important to me particularly at this time
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:49 pm

Done
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum