{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season restart dates :

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Season restart dates :

Postby NorthLondonStag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:Surely they can't put a percentage number on a crowd as it will depend on individual stadium layouts. I know they are roughly the same but other facilities such as toilets etc vary widely.

As mentioned above the SAG would probably get involved in determining the arrangements.

Fair point, but presumably the safety people can work out the maximum and then we start from there.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:13 pm

West Ham 1969 wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I think there should be some proportion of Home and Away fans to make it feel like a proper game. I go to a lot more away games than home so that's being a bit selfish but I also think that's part of the interest and enjoyment in following a club.
Maybe that the ground can be filled to 1/3 capacity (ie 3000 or so for us, I can't remember) and then of that 15% away fans like in the FA cup (450). If away fans don't take up then released back to home fans. ST holders get priority for home games and for away allocations.
I don't know how many ST we sell but I suspect that would cover most ST holders and all ST holders (more or less but not for games close by) wanting to go to away games.

Not absolutely sure, and please don’t crucify me for it, but I think we sold about 2,200 - 2,300 last season. Can’t wait to renew mine and get back to watching again.

Also, with West Stand, QLE and home support we normally get, I think we should be able to accommodate usual support levels?

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:17 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Sneag wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:I think there should be some proportion of Home and Away fans to make it feel like a proper game. I go to a lot more away games than home so that's being a bit selfish but I also think that's part of the interest and enjoyment in following a club.
Maybe that the ground can be filled to 1/3 capacity (ie 3000 or so for us, I can't remember) and then of that 15% away fans like in the FA cup (450). If away fans don't take up then released back to home fans. ST holders get priority for home games and for away allocations.
I don't know how many ST we sell but I suspect that would cover most ST holders and all ST holders (more or less but not for games close by) wanting to go to away games.

No away fans, also means fewer overheads for the club which will go some way to off setting the reduced capacity.

Thanks to the piss poor design of our 3 sided stadium, the club can't apply a sliding scale for home/away support. Away fans either get the whole end or they get nothing. As home support will most likely outstrip the reduced capacity, then give the away support nothing.

If capacity is pegged at anything lower than 40% our home support exceeds the number of seats available.

I'm not saying you are wrong but why is it all or nothing for the away end? Can't you do that thing where they put a big flag or some netting between two bits in the stand.

On that I went to Fulham recently and the away fans were just sat next to the home fans. Everyone came in the same entrance, shared the same bogs and then some stewards just sat on the very end seats. It all seemed OK to me although I can see it could get lively.

Also if we give away fans nothing then that means we don't get away tickets?

Pretty much every ground works like that. Field Mill doesn't. The QLE was supposed to be designed so it could be split, the NS isn't and SAG/Notts Police insist on QLE being the 'home' end. The one time the QLE was split, there was a massive punch up with away fans under the stand.

If you think about current social distancing rules. If you sit in a seat, the 8 seats all around you have to stay empty. Look at the house of commons. Even allowing for families to sit next to each other, you still need those empty seats all round to maintain 1m distance (and remember that is supposed to be a minimum).

For a ground design like Field Mill I think we'd be struggling to maintain a crowd of 1,500 - 2,000 under current social distancing rules.

For a few months until things revert to some kind of normality, it needs to be a case of tough titty for away fans. Including ours.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:18 pm

Our average home fans only support for the last 3 seasons has been 4000 plus. I hope we all get the chance to see football from the first game next season.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:27 pm

At away games we sometimes share stands with the home supporters (Carlisle, Exeter, Colchester come ro mind). I would imagine the average away support at the Mill is 2/300, ignoring the big followings, e.g. Grimsby, Bradford. We could allocate 200 tickets to away fans and give the rest of the North Stand to the home fans. I believe there is a turnstile at the end of the fence at the North Stand. Put a barrier in place to keep people apart and then as we see at groungs we visit put netting over a few tiers of seats with stewards in place. If we feel that things might get ugly with the likes of Grimsby, then make it home fans only. I wouldn't like to think that we can't have our away days because we have banned 100 Morecambe fans from coming to the Theatre of Dreams
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:50 pm

It's not forever, it's just for a portion of this season (hopefully). Every away ticket is a regular home supporter locked out of the ground. The club needs to minimise the impact on the home support, if you piss off your customer base there is a good chance they won't come back.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:08 pm

I would imagine a fair few home season ticket holders will not be renewing. The guys either side of me have been shielding and have said to me that they will be watching on ifollow until a vaccine is found.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:57 pm

part time pete wrote:I would imagine a fair few home season ticket holders will not be renewing. The guys either side of me have been shielding and have said to me that they will be watching on ifollow until a vaccine is found.

Same goes for me, sorry to have to say.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Sneag wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:Poland have allowed 25% of supporters to go to football matches, I don’t see why we can’t do that for the start of next season.

That would just about cover season ticket holders and no away fans.

If only season ticket holders were allowed in how many extra season tickets, if any, do people think we would sell?

Since JR took over I have personally not bought one, choosing to pay full whack on the day to do my little bit to help pay him back, and so I would be an extra season ticket bought. Any more?

How many will not renew to remain isolating?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:51 pm

I will renew my season ticket as there has only been 139 cases in mansfield.This tells me that there is a very slight chance of getting infected.If the cub leave a spare seat between every person then we should be safe.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:55 pm

geoffhill wrote:I will renew my season ticket as there has only been 139 cases in mansfield.This tells me that there is a very slight chance of getting infected.If the cub leave a spare seat between every person then we should be safe.

Feel it may be over 139.. that might just be pillar one figure. We need the true figures.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:18 pm

The One wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I will renew my season ticket as there has only been 139 cases in mansfield.This tells me that there is a very slight chance of getting infected.If the cub leave a spare seat between every person then we should be safe.

Feel it may be over 139.. that might just be pillar one figure. We need the true figures.

Either way - huge credit to the people of Mansfield who once again have come together superbly to minimise the impact of COVID on our community.

We have one of the lowest rates in the country. Well done all!

I’ve got the solution for next season’s social distancing...

... reopen the Bishop Street as terracing ;)
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:23 pm

The One wrote:

Feel it may be over 139.. that might just be pillar one figure. We need the true figures.[/qu

There will have been many hundreds more cases in Mansfield but not serious enough to warrant medical intervention etc.

I for one want a vaccination before I attend any large gatherings.

That's, no Stags games, no pubs, no theatres. Life will continue to be slightly boring but I'd rather be bored than dead.

If something could be offered on Ifollow both home and away, I would join.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:50 pm

Saw an article about Aberdeen who are working on a 7500 capacity (I think about 35%), which is no away fans and season tickets only. I can see that being applied here, ie max 3,500, season tickets only.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:55 pm

Random Hero wrote:
The One wrote:

Either way - huge credit to the people of Mansfield who once again have come together superbly to minimise the impact of COVID on our community.

I thought the whole reason we had done well is because we haven’t come together? :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:15 pm

Removing seats would be a good way of easing access.
Rebuilding the old north stand toilets would be safer.
Everyone to wear scarves around neck (easiest way of a mask)
The good old days could be coming back.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Random Hero wrote:
The One wrote:

excellent proposal, but far too sensible for the sag nutters
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
The One wrote:

I thought the whole reason we had done well is because we haven’t come together? :lol:

There you go our figures gone from 135 to 342 now true figures being published.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:20 am

The One wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
The One wrote:

There you go our figures gone from 135 to 342 now true figures being published.

That number makes more sense
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Gazmoose82 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:37 am

I don't think 90% of lower league clubs could sustain running a club with just season ticket sales only.. Would make more sense to limit capacity and make every game all ticket/no pay on the day.
Hopefully they'll also lift the ban on ifollow Saturday games being streamed in the UK.
Gazmoose82
First Team
First Team

Postby Kernow » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 am

124 people have died in Sherwoof Forest Trust, as a regular home and away supporter I will probably need the vaccine to come back. But I will still renew my season ticket. Probably use I follow at first. Being in the at risk group, it is not worth taking the chance. Still gutted though.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 am

Social and civic life has to restart somewhere. The fear that has become part of so many lives has to be put into context and not be allowed to change everything.

I absolutely respect people's individual right to choose but I'd renew my season ticket and go back tomorrow.. I accept others may not
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:58 am

The problem is people need to take responsibility too.

Whereas my personal view is the government have made a disastrous ** of dealing with this, the general public do too.

Being in Tesco and being called “sad” because I walked too close to someone who was walking down the wrong way not following the aisles etc (trust me there was an argument) is the sort. What’s the point of queuing if it’s chaos inside.

I’d absolutely love to go for a pint tomorrow but again I fear the pubs will be the same. If this is to work we need to make sure it does
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:39 am

I read all views with interest and respect the decisions that individuals will make when the situation changes but I do have concerns about people's behaviour. Even now, folks queue up nicely outside stores and supermarkets, all very orderly. When they get Inside, social distancing and even good manners have been left outside the store and it is mayhem.
I fear for Mansfield today as the pubs re-open when the jug heads hit town and I fear for those attending football matches, without first being vaccinated when watching live football is permitted.

The West Stand is tight for movement in normal times, no room to pass anyone else without almost being inside their coats, too dangerous at my age to even contemplate returning without protection.

I may well sign up for Ifollow but I am not buying a season ticket until I can safely attend games, each to their own.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:49 am

I think I've had it, but have never been tested.

I'd take a punt and go to games if there was a reduced capacity. However my wife & my mother are in at risk groups, so I won't be going due to the risk I'd present to them. Without adequate testing, tracing or a vaccine, opening up crowded venues seems to be welcoming a second spike.

I fear this virus is akin to a terrorist running amok with an AK47 in a provincial town. The deaths will stop only when the virus runs out of ammunition.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum