{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Season tickets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Season tickets

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:03 pm

I know it's been talked about previously on here and many, like me, do not want a refund on last season's season ticket - we're happy for the club to use our 'already spent' money to support them through the tough times. I just wondered if the club had officially said anything on it as yet?

I saw Oldham said on their official site that they were happy to refund fans who wanted a refund, but were grateful to those who have said already that they don't want a refund. Oldham were offering raffles on the back of this for those who registered to say they didn't want a refund. People could win prizes like a free season ticket next season, replica shirt, hospitality package, etc.

I guess it'd be a way for the club to encourage more to follow suit and a decent way of perhaps saying thanks? (not that I'm personally looking for a thanks before the righteous jump all over me!) ;-)
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Season tickets

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:07 pm

I thought that the Club would have made a statement regarding this.Hope to hear from them soon.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:09 pm

I agree.

I think a statement would be good, It would be really good to hear something from JR or GC.

I think its really important to keep people engaged. Miss my football particularly away days......
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:48 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:I know it's been talked about previously on here and many, like me, do not want a refund on last season's season ticket - we're happy for the club to use our 'already spent' money to support them through the tough times. I just wondered if the club had officially said anything on it as yet?

I saw Oldham said on their official site that they were happy to refund fans who wanted a refund, but were grateful to those who have said already that they don't want a refund. Oldham were offering raffles on the back of this for those who registered to say they didn't want a refund. People could win prizes like a free season ticket next season, replica shirt, hospitality package, etc.

I guess it'd be a way for the club to encourage more to follow suit and a decent way of perhaps saying thanks? (not that I'm personally looking for a thanks before the righteous jump all over me!) ;-)

DS....over to you?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:49 pm

I can’t see there being anything until the shop/ticket office opens up, likewise with season tickets for next season.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:22 pm

Bridgford Stag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:I know it's been talked about previously on here and many, like me, do not want a refund on last season's season ticket - we're happy for the club to use our 'already spent' money to support them through the tough times. I just wondered if the club had officially said anything on it as yet?

DS....over to you?

Who’s DS?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:25 pm

David Sharpe
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 am

This is, hopefully, a one off end of / pre-season where and I can fully appreciate why people are wanting more news and information.

Though for once, especially based upon how at times the club has projected itself in recent seasons, I am enjoying the dignified silence. Though this silence is borne of the huge amount of uncertainties that society and football currently face and only time will resolve. There is the vaccine and will it be proven and available prior to the start of the season, will social distancing still be applicable and how will this transmit into a working solution when queuing for the toilet or a pie in the West Stand, will the games be played behind closed doors, will all clubs have survived the financial struggle associated with these times, will all litigation towards the EFL and disciplinary matters be resolved, will the statue of Sir Mal Benning have been erected, will the salary cap in a robust manner be introduced and complied with etc. etc. Until the above is known the club cannot state without conjecture what is to happen with the outstanding season ticket money, VIP meal money etc.

The phrase, ‘In JR we trust’, is often banded out and in this case we have to. Unlike some owners in the EFL and one of our previous owners I trust him to do the right thing at the right time. And when the time is right to start again, hopefully we can fill the Mill to watch a winning side.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:32 am

I'm not sure why the silence on season ticket refunds is "dignified". Even if the club feels that it's too early to announce a refund policy you'd like to know that they're considering options.
I don't like the guilt trip caused by people announcing that they don't want a refund. Some people get a season ticket because they aren't well off and it represents the cheapest way to follow the team. Remember that the tickets are sold on the back of a campaign that estimates how much you save, and that's now quite misleading due to the lower number of matches.

After several months of furlough, or even losing jobs, the priority for some will be food and shelter; and every pound helps. So being made to feel disloyal by hoping to get back a few quid from a cancelled event doesn't feel right to me.

I'd prefer refunds to be issued to all, but with an option to make a donation to club funds. Which can be the amount of the refund, or less, or more, or nothing, as you see fit. And although the club could announce how much was donated, no details of number of donors. That way the club would be seen to be a proper reputable business (after all, although we call it a "club" we're mostly not members), and those who can afford to waive the refund will be clear that they're actually donating money, not just forgetting about it. Okay it's slightly more complicated, but in these days of online banking it's not difficult and it's the right way to do it.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:50 am

Forget this season and refunds etc, what of next season.

Who will buy a season ticket when it is life threatening to attend, when allowed, a football match without first being vaccinated?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:11 am

What’s it got to do with David Sharpe? He’s the director of football, the clues in the job title. He won’t be involved in commercial decisions surely?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:14 am

Whatever happened to the Kooks...?
They had one real big hit then disappeared.. :)
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:23 am

Bradders wrote:I'm not sure why the silence on season ticket refunds is "dignified". Even if the club feels that it's too early to announce a refund policy you'd like to know that they're considering options.
I don't like the guilt trip caused by people announcing that they don't want a refund. Some people get a season ticket because they aren't well off and it represents the cheapest way to follow the team. Remember that the tickets are sold on the back of a campaign that estimates how much you save, and that's now quite misleading due to the lower number of matches.

After several months of furlough, or even losing jobs, the priority for some will be food and shelter; and every pound helps. So being made to feel disloyal by hoping to get back a few quid from a cancelled event doesn't feel right to me.

I'd prefer refunds to be issued to all, but with an option to make a donation to club funds. Which can be the amount of the refund, or less, or more, or nothing, as you see fit. And although the club could announce how much was donated, no details of number of donors. That way the club would be seen to be a proper reputable business (after all, although we call it a "club" we're mostly not members), and those who can afford to waive the refund will be clear that they're actually donating money, not just forgetting about it. Okay it's slightly more complicated, but in these days of online banking it's not difficult and it's the right way to do it.

Or they could also automatically credit it against the price of next year's season ticket, which is what Arsenal are doing (and offering a cash alternative instead if people prefer it). That way people get the money back (IF they want it) and are also rewarded for loyalty. If people want to waive then they still can and that takes all the hassle out of refunding it.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby robeyre » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:48 am

I'd favour discounted price for next year's season ticket for all existing season ticket holders. Price set at slightly lower than full cost less any refund.
Big incentive to renew, rewarding those who have lost out this year, and keeps the money in the club over the present difficult period. Beneficiaries could still elect to pay full price or donate excess to club should they wish too.
Still offer option of refund for people not planning or not able to renew.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 am

oldweststander wrote:Forget this season and refunds etc, what of next season.

Who will buy a season ticket when it is life threatening to attend, when allowed, a football match without first being vaccinated?

If there was a way to chuck in iFollow for the games we couldn’t attend due to corona Id pay full whack just to help keep the club going. Although I’m probably one of the lucky few who have a fairly secure job in the current climate.

I usually commute up from Milton Keynes so I miss a few when work is tight and a season ticket isn’t that economically sensible for me, I still do it as I know it helps the club plan and I’d get prioritised for cup tickets etc.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:30 am

Depends upon your own financial situation .If you can afford it then I would favour paying the going rate for a new season ticket providing the office staff assure me that they will thank John Radford for sticking with and financing the club during the current income starved season .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:07 pm

I've not done the math, but how much realistically would people expect back? what was it, 6 or 7 games - £80 quid ish.

This is a tough one... its a huge cost for the club to fill, especially in that they'll be paying % of furloughed staffs wages from this month.

For me personally, I won't be seeking one, but I understand everyone's circumstances differ.

That money was allocated to the football anyway so was already budgeted for, and you don't have to find that money again for the same games which have been canceled as the season is over.

We're in a time where we all need to pull together and those refunds could be the difference between someone keeping their job or not.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:06 pm

I think we should follow other clubs in offering options that people can choose that best fit their circumstances. The club legally has to offer a refund to ST holders due to not being able to fulfil the season so it needs a response from all ST holders. Something along the lines of this would be sensible:

1) Refund in full
2) No refund but X% of discount for next season's ST
3) No refund, you're happy to let the club keep the money

Depending on what next season looks like, if matches have to be played with restricted capacity or no spectators then you could add in the option of no refund but free access to StagsPlayer for the amount of games missed etc.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Upper West » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Still debating whether to ask for a refund on my Salford ticket
Upper West
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Upper West wrote:Still debating whether to ask for a refund on my Salford ticket

And my Colchester tickets
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:04 pm

I am in the fortunate position that I am able to work from home and have worked throughout so I am happy to not take a refund as it will help the club, but fully understand that everyone's situation is different and nobody should be judged on how they choose to respond to any potential refund.
I also intend to buy a season ticket for next season irrespective of whether fans are allowed in the ground or not. Hopefully they will give iFollow access to allow season ticket holders to watch any behind closed doors games. Whether I start attending games when the option is there is another matter. I would be wanting infection figures to be looking a lot better before I will be sitting in a large crowd for 2 hours.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:55 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:What’s it got to do with David Sharpe? He’s the director of football, the clues in the job title. He won’t be involved in commercial decisions surely?

But some need someone to stick t'boot into and Sharpey's been here a month so he's fair game for some. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:44 am

I would buy one if fans were allowed in stadiums again. It’s each to their own and a decision each individual has to make themselves considering their own health, but I’m sure there’s many many more out there who will be happy to go in to stadiums as soon as it is deemed safe enough to open them.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:45 am

BH_Stag wrote:

I would buy one if fans were allowed in stadiums again. It’s each to their own and a decision each individual has to make themselves considering their own health, but I’m sure there’s many many more out there who will be happy to go in to stadiums as soon as it is deemed safe enough to open them, which I anticipate will be before a vaccination is available.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:56 am

BH_Stag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

I would buy one if fans were allowed in stadiums again. It’s each to their own and a decision each individual has to make themselves considering their own health, but I’m sure there’s many many more out there who will be happy to go in to stadiums as soon as it is deemed safe enough to open them, which I anticipate will be before a vaccination is available.

As BH said, each to their own.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum