{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bolton confirm Hill and Flitcroft departure

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:02 pm

Miller will be happy, Hill and Flitcroft gone from Bolton.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:08 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Miller will be happy, Hill and Flitcroft gone from Bolton.

slightly surprising I think.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:15 pm

bit harsh, not sure how he was supposed to do anything with that team
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Players Released, Transfers & Loans 2020-2021

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:48 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

slightly surprising I think.

I think it’s fair to say there’s less shock in the comments underneath :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Bolton confirm Hill and Flitcroft departure

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:09 pm

Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

David Flitcroft Sacked By Bolton Wanderers

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:10 pm

Bolton Wanderers Football Club can confirm that it will not be offering new contracts to Keith Hill and David Flitcroft when their current deals expire at the end of the month.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2020/june/w ... departure/
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: David Flitcroft Sacked By Bolton Wanderers

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:26 pm

The pair never had a chance anyway.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:03 pm

So not sacked but let go. They were never gonna get them out the schtum to be fair to the king of failure
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:05 pm

I think the thread title is a bit misleading.

He hasn’t been offered another contract which is probably driven by unique circumstances. But hey why miss a chance to have a dig. How would you feel in the current environment if you were unemployed and people gloated.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:09 pm

Bolton’s CEO has stepped down also. I’m guessing that the club is about to slash overheads.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:52 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:So not sacked but let go. They were never gonna get them out the schtum to be fair to the king of failure

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now you've done it! ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: Bolton confirm Hill and Flitcroft departure

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:05 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Guessing in the time there they weren’t able to make the right impression. Obviously was never going to keep them up.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:57 pm

Keith Hill and David Flitcroft's record has been pretty poor at Bolton. Lots of Bolton fans wanted them to be sacked.

P29 W5 D10 L14

"Right decision to let Hill go, I actually thought he was an ideal appointment at the time, but he's been a massive disappointment, crap tactics, raspberries defence, dodgy substitutions, players playing out of position, the list is endless."

"3 wins on the bounce heading into Accrington. And that was that. All downhill from there. We were 12 points from safety with 3 games in hand after that. We have since won 2 games out of 20 and stand 21 points from safety. He’s also rumoured to have alienated players/upset the hierarchy. Yes we’ve not had a pre-season and the squad has been mashed together, but as previously stated, this was a free shot and he raspberried it up."

"The football was great at first and he seemed the right man for the job then after the Accrington game I started losing faith in him. The rant at Rochdale. Chickson being let go. No tactics. Couldn’t get the team to defend It quickly went down the pan."

"On the pitch, I couldn't see what he was trying to do. It certainly wasn't strengthening the defence !! No sign of us improving. If anything we were going backwards. At a push, I could have accepted what a difficult job it was and given him more time but with the bull he came out with and his whole "know it all" attitude, I don't think I've disliked a manager more. Bye bye."

"It was a difficult job but he still ballsed it up with many wrong decisions throughout the season. He managed to alienate a lot of fans early on and more along the way. Nothing he did on the training pitch or on match day improved that even a little bit."

"I was quite happy when we appointed him but Accrington was the first nail and then him ranting at imaginary criticism when he was getting a free ride, was the end for me."

"It was a bit of a free hit for Hill, and he was backed by his bosses. No moans or hint of dissatisfaction (certainly publicly). Yet Hill managed to alienate large swathes of support with his rantings and associated raspberrys. Then there were the performances. Good to see some attacking intent after PP, but that's about it."

"In short, there is only one person Hill can blame, and that's himself."

"The only 2 games I will look back on from this season are Wycombe away and Coventry City at home. We played kids on both occasions and Keith Hill was involved in neither - that sums up his time in charge for me . He was clueless - end of."
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Keith Hill and David Flitcroft's record has been pretty poor at Bolton. Lots of Bolton fans wanted them to be sacked.

P29 W5 D10 L14

"Right decision to let Hill go, I actually thought he was an ideal appointment at the time, but he's been a massive disappointment, crap tactics, raspberries defence, dodgy substitutions, players playing out of position, the list is endless."

"3 wins on the bounce heading into Accrington. And that was that. All downhill from there. We were 12 points from safety with 3 games in hand after that. We have since won 2 games out of 20 and stand 21 points from safety. He’s also rumoured to have alienated players/upset the hierarchy. Yes we’ve not had a pre-season and the squad has been mashed together, but as previously stated, this was a free shot and he raspberried it up."

"The football was great at first and he seemed the right man for the job then after the Accrington game I started losing faith in him. The rant at Rochdale. Chickson being let go. No tactics. Couldn’t get the team to defend It quickly went down the pan."

"On the pitch, I couldn't see what he was trying to do. It certainly wasn't strengthening the defence !! No sign of us improving. If anything we were going backwards. At a push, I could have accepted what a difficult job it was and given him more time but with the bull he came out with and his whole "know it all" attitude, I don't think I've disliked a manager more. Bye bye."

"It was a difficult job but he still ballsed it up with many wrong decisions throughout the season. He managed to alienate a lot of fans early on and more along the way. Nothing he did on the training pitch or on match day improved that even a little bit."

"I was quite happy when we appointed him but Accrington was the first nail and then him ranting at imaginary criticism when he was getting a free ride, was the end for me."

"It was a bit of a free hit for Hill, and he was backed by his bosses. No moans or hint of dissatisfaction (certainly publicly). Yet Hill managed to alienate large swathes of support with his rantings and associated raspberrys. Then there were the performances. Good to see some attacking intent after PP, but that's about it."

"In short, there is only one person Hill can blame, and that's himself."

"The only 2 games I will look back on from this season are Wycombe away and Coventry City at home. We played kids on both occasions and Keith Hill was involved in neither - that sums up his time in charge for me . He was clueless - end of."

Well, they were never going to keep them up.

Wonder if we could ever have cox and flitcroft as managers.

Flitcroft manages until the new year then cox takes over :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm

adamstag wrote:Wonder if we could ever have cox and flitcroft as managers. Flitcroft manages until the new year then cox takes over :lol:

That's not a bad idea :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:34 am

I would think Bishop's assessment is more accurate than Miller's.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:17 am

Don't think you can get many better coaches than flit croft at this level.... glowing reviews from pros who have worked with him and I liked how much he cared about the club when he spoke.

I know he spent hours on the training ground trying to perfect attacking and defensive drills and at times it showed. True what Davies has said you don't realise what you have until it's gone.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:40 am

Sedgwick wrote:Don't think you can get many better coaches than flit croft at this level.... glowing reviews from pros who have worked with him and I liked how much he cared about the club when he spoke.

I know he spent hours on the training ground trying to perfect attacking and defensive drills and at times it showed. True what Davies has said you don't realise what you have until it's gone.

There’s plenty who don’t like him too, but I think that’s more to do with his personality than his coaching.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:06 am

I wouldn’t have a problem with him coming back as a coach.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:12 am

Sedgwick wrote:Don't think you can get many better coaches than flit croft at this level.... glowing reviews from pros who have worked with him and I liked how much he cared about the club when he spoke.

He’s certainly got the basics.

He just needs to shrug off the bottle job side to him and he’ll be there.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:50 pm

Ironic really that had we not made a knee jerk reaction, and he even emulated last his season with us, we'd be celebrating promotion to league 1.

I always maintain that we should have kept him on. Saved cash on his severance pay. His players would have largely been out of contract now so a new gaffa would have a relatively clean slate had he messed it up again.

It's all water under the bridge now and we can't 100% say it would have been better or worse. In all honesty though I can't realistically see it being cocked up as much as this season had though.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:13 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Ironic really that had we not made a knee jerk reaction, and he even emulated last his season with us, we'd be celebrating promotion to league 1.

I always maintain that we should have kept him on. Saved cash on his severance pay. His players would have largely been out of contract now so a new gaffa would have a relatively clean slate had he messed it up again.

It's all water under the bridge now and we can't 100% say it would have been better or worse. In all honesty though I can't realistically see it being cocked up as much as this season had though.

His form over the last quarter of the season was relegation nailed on form. Had that continued we could have been bot bottom with 9 games to go and therefore out. We will never know but I'm just glad that we have survived
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:42 pm

I agree Sedgwick, those on here got what they wished for, which in the end was 21st place!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:20 am

As opposed to 24th like floppys failures at Bolton. :lol: :lol: :lol:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum