{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Players everyone seemed to boo but you thought wasn't bad

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Players everyone seemed to boo but you thought wasn't b

Postby victor A block » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:46 am

Slackythestag wrote:Matt Rhead. He always use to get stick. His job was to win headers/flick on's, hold the ball up and cause defenders chaos with his strength. But because he wasn't scoring goals the fans got on to him. As well he was never a 90 minute player, so was always blowing and he got stick for that.

The same could be said for Calvin Andrew, brilliant footballer, held the ball up well and laid it off, he would do that all game. Mansfield fans never would see this during a game because he didnt score goals.

(Non Stags Player) - Richard Brodie.

Fantastic striker at York, 50 goals in 130 games says it all. He would upset the oppositions fans and would thrive of that. Always got a hostile reception at Field Mill :lol:

Think you could say the same about Kevin Ellison . Fantastic pro though .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Martian » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:52 am

Mark Sale - remember the last time we played at Fulham - we beat them 1-2 - if my memory serves me correctly - it's a long time ago
Martian
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yaxhamstag » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:25 am

Ollie Palmer.... :shock: Calm and composed and a genuine nice fella
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby part time pete » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:47 pm

Ross Dyer, a pity he got injured in first game of champion winning season or we would have won the league before the last game of the season.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Thoresby_68 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:56 pm

Tony Lormor. Got abuse for being an ex-spireite but always gave his all for the team and chipped in with some important goals. Great attitude.
Thoresby_68
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:43 pm

part time pete wrote:Ross Dyer, a pity he got injured in first game of champion winning season or we would have won the league before the last game of the season.

I very much doubt it. Returned to non league without challenging to get into the side once we went up.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:14 pm

Spiritater wrote:
part time pete wrote:Ross Dyer, a pity he got injured in first game of champion winning season or we would have won the league before the last game of the season.

I very much doubt it. Returned to non league without challenging to get into the side once we went up.

Dyer by name ,dire by nature.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: your mate Spiro :lol: :lol: :lol:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:25 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:I always thought Larkin came in for a lot of unwarranted grief from the fans.
It didn't help that he got inured early on after Haslam claimed we had blown all the transfer budget on him, despite us only actually paying about a third of the amount Haslam claimed due to the rest being based on various clauses.
When he actually had a decent run in the side at the beginning of 2004/05 he had a sequence of 7 goals in 9 games, and then Curle in his wisdom decided to bring in Ipoua on loan and stick Larkin out on the wing !!

And he scored the goal that should have been the winner at Cardiff.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Kyle Perry
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:13 am

lifestags wrote:Kyle Perry

raspberry
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby garlic » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:27 pm

I always rated Ian Stringfellow, not as good as his uncle mike, but he always seemed to be too intelligent a player than those around him
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:50 pm

I rang Old Ram Stag, he being an expert on ‘the glass half empty outlook of being a Stags fan’ to discuss this topic.

4 hrs later I put the phone down. In those 4 hours he listed every player he didn’t rate. Only got as far as P in the alphabet!!! Not a great way to waste a furloughed afternoon.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:10 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:I rang Old Ram Stag, he being an expert on ‘the glass half empty outlook of being a Stags fan’ to discuss this topic.

4 hrs later I put the phone down. In those 4 hours he listed every player he didn’t rate. Only got as far as P in the alphabet!!! Not a great way to waste a furloughed afternoon.

He couldn't have been drinking much otherwise he would have got up to p much quicker. :D :D
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum