{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Danny Rose a repugnant little weasel ?

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:41 pm

Fast becoming a ‘Wind up merchant’ but our only forward with any heading ability. Often gets injured through his bravery against bigger defenders.
Agreed I would love him to stay on his feet more but how many times do we see this from opposition teams at the One Call trying to break up the play with fake falls and dives when they lose the ball
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:49 pm

Danny is a gifted player. I would play him as an attacking midfielder. Ridiculously brave, hope he has learnt not to be. Great in the air. A workhorse. Goes down too easily sometimes, but not that heavy? If you can`t see that in him, well...
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:22 pm

PRL13 wrote:Danny is a gifted player. I would play him as an attacking midfielder. Ridiculously brave, hope he has learnt not to be. Great in the air. A workhorse. Goes down too easily sometimes, but not that heavy? If you can`t see that in him, well...

Danny Rose as an attacking midfielder? This message board makes me laugh at times.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:28 pm

PRL13 wrote:Danny is a gifted player. I would play him as an attacking midfielder. Ridiculously brave, hope he has learnt not to be. Great in the air. A workhorse. Goes down too easily sometimes, but not that heavy? If you can`t see that in him, well...

Danny Rose does not have the skill set to play attacking midfield. Workhorse? Yes. Good in the air? I’d say so, but he’s not a midfielder by any stretch.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:40 pm

I dont get this thing about him being a workhorse ,he gives 100% and can play football ,some on here would criticise messi as a lazy bugger ,danny rose will be here next season imo and i think it will be one of the easiest decisions coughlan will make ,maynard on the other hand will be off like a shot ,just not bothered about us
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:18 pm

spanishstag wrote:I dont get this thing about him being a workhorse ,he gives 100% and can play football ,some on here would criticise messi as a lazy bugger ,danny rose will be here next season imo and i think it will be one of the easiest decisions coughlan will make ,maynard on the other hand will be off like a shot ,just not bothered about us

Says who ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:22 pm

Maybe stags net should be renamed moan net. With all the negative comments maybe it’s run it’s cause.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:44 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Maybe stags net should be renamed moan net. With all the negative comments maybe it’s run it’s cause.

Course :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:53 pm

Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Waiting for big yella,s comments ,but he is what he is if the refs think he,s been fouled they award a free kick if not they book him ,he has put the effort in these last few months though so he gets my backing

Wait over.

As a Stags fan I think Danny Rose is a bang average striker who I wish wouldn't throw himself to the ground and melt like a snowflake.

If I was an opposition fan I would think, Danny Rose is a bang average striker who is a repugnant little weasel.

Funny football ain't it. All about opinions.

“As a Stags fan” ?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 am

spanishstag wrote:I dont get this thing about him being a workhorse ,he gives 100% and can play football ,some on here would criticise messi as a lazy bugger ,danny rose will be here next season imo and i think it will be one of the easiest decisions coughlan will make ,maynard on the other hand will be off like a shot ,just not bothered about us

Yes, and Danny, Danny Rose loves us so much. I mean he wouldn't put in a transfer request 3 days before the season starts would he?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 am

there's a few repugnant little weasels on here that's for sure
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:28 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:there's a few repugnant little weasels on here that's for sure

Bless.

The point about the transfer request is entirely valid.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 am

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:there's a few repugnant little weasels on here that's for sure

Bless.

and those still holding grudges about it need to grow up and get over it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Bless.

and those still holding grudges about it need to grow up and get over it.

totally agree he got his head turned by fat man, bloody back your players, Danny Rose gives 100% every game.
His mitigation about the issue that certain people are banging on about is Danny stood up like a man and apologised publicly, we all make mistakes in life it’s about standing up and being counted acknowledging those mistakes and moving on, as maybe some on this board should
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:32 am

Some people can't forget or forgive. That's not a way to live your life. I would rather have Danny playing for us than against us. He was excellent last Saturday. Yep goals return is not great but attitude and application cannot be faulted. That's why so many more like him than moan and groan about him. Everyone loves a tryer, someone who gives 100%. Keep it going Danny.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stag861 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 am

In the absence of a big ball winning centre forward Danny has to battle against defenders much taller than him. He puts so much effort in his run up and take off that it's no surprise he goes down afterwards.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby milne6 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:41 am

my main issue with DR is i don't know what kind of striker he is.. hes not in the right positions or clinical in front of goal for a poacher, hes to small and weak (although he wins FKs) to be a target man, dont think hes good enough with the ball at his feet to be an second striker/playmaker, not fast enough to be a wide striker/winger.

obviously he work rate is up there but technically hes a weird one
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:44 am

BH_Stag wrote:

Danny Rose does not have the skill set to play attacking midfield. Workhorse? Yes. Good in the air? I’d say so, but he’s not a midfielder by any stretch.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:45 am

Who are you to know that?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:46 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Waiting for big yella,s comments ,but he is what he is if the refs think he,s been fouled they award a free kick if not they book him ,he has put the effort in these last few months though so he gets my backing

Wait over.

As a Stags fan I think Danny Rose is a bang average striker who I wish wouldn't throw himself to the ground and melt like a snowflake.

If I was an opposition fan I would think, Danny Rose is a bang average striker who is a repugnant little weasel.

“As a Stags fan” ?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:46 am

And you rate Rhead?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:03 am

I like Rose but not a prolific and a regular scorer but provides a useful role and annoys defenders and like that.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:49 pm

Herts Stag wrote:Some people can't forget or forgive. That's not a way to live your life. I would rather have Danny playing for us than against us. He was excellent last Saturday. Yep goals return is not great but attitude and application cannot be faulted. That's why so many more like him than moan and groan about him. Everyone loves a tryer, someone who gives 100%. Keep it going Danny.

Trying to close down your beloved football club, and nicking someone else's beer - those should be the only 2 unforgivable offences! :P :lol:
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:33 pm

milne6 wrote:my main issue with DR is i don't know what kind of striker he is.. hes not in the right positions or clinical in front of goal for a poacher, hes to small and weak (although he wins FKs) to be a target man, dont think hes good enough with the ball at his feet to be an second striker/playmaker, not fast enough to be a wide striker/winger.

obviously he work rate is up there but technically hes a weird one

He’s a defensive forward. Starts the press, tracks back, battles, wins free kicks.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:

Wait over.

“As a Stags fan” ?

Yes as a Stags fan, one who can form his own opinion and then express it, whether it's popular or not. Unlike some who post nothing of substance, so long as they can keep the post count ticking over.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum