{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Blue Light Card - Discount Sandy's Bar & Kitchen

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Blue Light Card - Discount Sandy's Bar & Kitchen

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:32 pm

:) Good offer

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Re: Blue Light Card - Discount Sandy's Bar & Kitchen

Postby nickrobo60 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:00 pm

That's a great offer, the card is also available for volunteers of certain organisations to name a few:
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders
St Andrews Ambulance & St John Ambulance
Also available for certain roles who have retired, Armed Forces Veteran or a retired Police Officer or Fire Fighter.
nickrobo60
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm

nickrobo60 wrote:That's a great offer, the card is also available for volunteers of certain organisations to name a few:
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders
Also available for certain roles who have retired, Armed Forces Veteran or a retired Police Officer or Fire Fighter.

:) Yes great to save a few pennies , just been on there site and here is a few more and here is the link if you need to get a card :)

https://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

WHO QUALIFIES?
4x4 Response Ambulance Service Blood Bikes Border Force British Army Cave Rescue Community First Responders Fire Service Highways England Traffic Officer HM Armed Forces Veterans HM Coastguard HM Prison Service Immigration Enforcement Lowland Search and Rescue MoD Fire Service MoD Police Mountain Rescue NHS Police Red Cross Reserve Armed Forces RNLI Royal Air Force Royal Marines Royal Navy Search and Rescue Second Line Responders Social Care Workers St Andrews Ambulance St John Ambulance UK Visas and Immigration
Last edited by STAGS FOR LIFE on Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:26 pm

Great news
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:49 pm

Not that I’d use the card but the Blue Light Card is the same as the Forces Discount Card. I wonder if it would apply to any veterans in the area, such as the good Vicar Jeremiah who carried out sterling work in the RAChD
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:18 pm

It means that one (or more) sections of the community are being treated differently (better) than the rest. It all seems a little “arbitrary”.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Yeah lets give the Notts. Police force a discount on any food and drink they buy.

Would this be the same police force that have screwed the club over every year for over a decade with their inflated bills, charging us more than Clownty with three times our average gate and nearly as much as Florist with eight times our gate?
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Big yella wrote:Yeah lets give the Notts. Police force a discount on any food and drink they buy.

Would this be the same police force that have screwed the club over every year for over a decade with their inflated bills, charging us more than Clownty with three times our average gate and nearly as much as Florist with eight times our gate?

Yeah and what about them bloody paramedics who have saved all them lives over the years? Fuming about it me
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby James » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Big yella wrote:Yeah lets give the Notts. Police force a discount on any food and drink they buy.

You do realise the Police do more than just police football matches don't you?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 pm

The Blue Light Card isn’t given out for free.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:36 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Not that I’d use the card but the Blue Light Card is the same as the Forces Discount Card. I wonder if it would apply to any veterans in the area, such as the good Vicar Jeremiah who carried out sterling work in the RAChD

Thanks for the kind words Bellwhiff, it was rewarding work. Yes I have a card.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Maldon Stag » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:39 pm

Hon Sec wrote:The Blue Light Card isn’t given out for free.

Mine cost me £5.
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby nickrobo60 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:12 pm

I've got the forces discount card, the fee is also £5, I've saved ££'s using it
nickrobo60
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stoney » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:36 pm

It's not just Notts police officers who will use the discount. There is far more to policing work than what happens at football. It's a bloody tough job at times.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:38 pm

nickrobo60 wrote:I've got the forces discount card, the fee is also £5, I've saved ££'s using it

It’s a brilliant card. I’ve saved loads with it on everything from KFC to mattresses.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:13 am

bellwhiff wrote:
nickrobo60 wrote:I've got the forces discount card, the fee is also £5, I've saved ££'s using it

It’s a brilliant card. I’ve saved loads with it on everything from KFC to mattresses.

I was going to ask how much you got off mistresses with the card but then read again (Doh! deflated)
It's good though, got 10% off Sports Direct and JD Sports without a problem and use at Hungry Horse (20%) and Toby Carvery in the few times when I haven't got other vouchers or loyalty rewards.
Struggled at PC World big time when trying to buy a TV last summer though even though they admitted they were part of the scheme but no one knew how to complete the transaction despite the card being shown. Eventually the store shut for the day. Went to Richer Sounds of Nottingham the next day who did a better deal anyway.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:58 am

ST4GS wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I was going to ask how much you got off mistresses with the card but then read again (Doh! deflated)
It's good though, got 10% off Sports Direct and JD Sports without a problem and use at Hungry Horse (20%) and Toby Carvery in the few times when I haven't got other vouchers or loyalty rewards.
Struggled at PC World big time when trying to buy a TV last summer though even though they admitted they were part of the scheme but no one knew how to complete the transaction despite the card being shown. Eventually the store shut for the day. Went to Richer Sounds of Nottingham the next day who did a better deal anyway.

Always pays to shop around as some of the deals offered are rubbish. BA and Virgin offer deals that can be beaten online.

I get 10pc discount with a work scheme which is a result.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:15 pm

Can’t believe that my brother, a Fireman of 20 odd years who has pulled people out of burning buildings, cut them out of smashed cars etc, gets a bigger discount than me at the bar in Sandys!!! Good luck to all of those that do the jobs that we have had chance to apply for and have never done for whatever reason. If someone gets 10 % off more than me, who cares? Or ask them to get the next round in? Mind you after the Christmas dinner I had in there he would baulk at 100 % off!

To some the world has gone bat crap crazy, even by Stagsnet standards!!!! Chill folks
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:38 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:

Can’t believe that my brother, a Fireman of 20 odd years who has pulled people out of burning buildings, cut them out of smashed cars etc, gets a bigger discount than me at the bar in Sandys!!! Good luck to all of those that do the jobs that we have had chance to apply for and have never done for whatever reason. If someone gets 10 % off more than me, who cares? Or ask them to get the next round in? Mind you after the Christmas dinner I had in there he would baulk at 100 % off!

To some the world has gone bat crap crazy, even by Stagsnet standards!!!! Chill folks

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All our armed forces, fire officers, paramedics, (hard working) police officers etc. deserve whatever they are offered. Not so sure about the coppers who spend more time in Sandys and McDonalds than on the beat during their shift, especially when they've only help solve one crime in twenty years. ;)
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Maldon Stag » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:42 am

nickrobo60 wrote:That's a great offer, the card is also available for volunteers of certain organisations to name a few:
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders

The lads who ride the blood bikes do a brilliant job and all on a voluntary basis. There was one filling up his bike at the local filling station in Broomfield between Christmas and New Year, I went over, thanked him for his services and paid for his fuel. Them lads provide a brilliant service.
Maldon Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:00 pm

Maldon Stag wrote:
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders

The lads who ride the blood bikes do a brilliant job and all on a voluntary basis. There was one filling up his bike at the local filling station in Broomfield between Christmas and New Year, I went over, thanked him for his services and paid for his fuel. Them lads provide a brilliant service.

Good in you

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:50 pm

Maldon Stag wrote:
HM Coastguard
RNLI
Search and Rescue
4x4 Response
Blood Bikes
First Responders

Well done mate that's brilliant. You learn something every day as I didn't know the blood bikers were voluntary either.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm

:)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:25 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:54 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::)

Looking at the first tweet, do health inspectors qualify for blue light discount also?? :D

Sorry, Johno - could not resist.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum