{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Andy Cook - An apology

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Andy Cook - An apology

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:16 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:It's like bishop might have been right, that the toxic home atmosphere has a negative effect on the players :lol:

I wonder if the talented psycho-guru, Drewe Broughton, might be able to help? Apparently, he has space in his diary.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:27 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:It's like bishop might have been right, that the toxic home atmosphere has a negative effect on the players :lol:

No, it's what bottlers do, ie look for a scapegoat for their poor form since last Feb.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:48 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Just putting this out there for discussion but does anyone think there’s a correlation between this sort of thing and the home form record ?

Asking a genuine question

Definitely. Nobody on here would like playing in that atmosphere but the players haven’t exactly helped with some of their performances this season.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:59 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Just putting this out there for discussion but does anyone think there’s a correlation between this sort of thing and the home form record ?

Asking a genuine question

Definitely. Nobody on here would like playing in that atmosphere but the players haven’t exactly helped with some of their performances this season.

Yes - I think the home atmosphere has contributed this season. However, the players are responsible for their performances. For example, in the last 2 games we: (a) played against 10 men in the first game and (b) were 2-0 up before half time in the second game ... but we still couldn't win either game. That is not the crowd's fault.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:00 pm

Our home form is what it is because we are raspberry.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:11 pm

While fans have every right to voice their displeasure, it's the manner/content of it that's the issue imo.

We used to laugh at how Lu'un fans would turn on their own team if they weren't comfortably winning after 60 mins, and although circumstances are far different, the effects on players is the same. Personally think we hand away teams the advantage, knowing that we will add pressure ourselves. Unfortunately, unless something changes, it could weigh enough to push us yet deeper into the mire, and those golden boys of yesteryear will be only too glad to head for the door come end of season.

The team have been hugely disappointing, but our toxicity is definitely adding to their woes
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:20 pm

It's funny how when we're winning and doing very well "everyone is in it together". Players, manager, board members and fans. As soon as it starts to go wrong, all you see on here is how this player is rubbish, etc etc. When a manager or player gives some back certain fans get all triggered. We've a fe wplayers who have gone on and won't come back here. Look at what ollie Palmer wrote after he left.

A supportive environment is always better than a destructive one. It amazes me that you hear people go on about players doing their own fitness work and being professional but then feel the need to shout and abuse for a misplaced pass because they feel the players are apparently unaware that misplacing passes is not ideal.

People seem to think they are helping by doing this. Like a player will then up his game to prove them wrong. But what generally tends to happen is the player will do nothing wrong for 20 minutes and said fans will be quiet, then the player loses possession and said fan is off again.

I'm not saying it's all the fans fault but right now we are exacerbating the problem and not working to solve the problem.

Also, the tired old excuse of "I'm not a happy clapper" is a weak and poor one. Making a problem worse is not the solution. Nobody is happy with the performances but trying to abuse players who are trying to fix it is not the answer either.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Good post that
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gibbo » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Gazza, best post I've read on here in years.
gibbo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 pm

10/10 Gazza
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:21 pm

Spot on comments
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm

Well said.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:15 pm

Good post. Some seem to misunderstand the word SUPPORTER
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum