{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mellis and Pearce free to leave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mellis and Pearce free to leave

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:47 pm

Jamie wrote:When your a highly paid footballer and a club captain. You get a child minder. Simple as that.

Maybe some people don't like just palming their kids off onto someone else? I know in this day & age people have kids just for the sake of it & then dump them off at the childminders all day but there are the odd parents around who actually quit full time work (like I did) to look after their children rather than palm them off onto someone else.

Also how do we know that KP was given enough notice to get anything sorted.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:48 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Martin did recommend CJ Hamilton to Adam Murray but Micky Moore told me after the Cheltenham game that CJ Hamilton was on the list of players he gave to Adam Murray to sign for 2016-2017. Micky is the Head of Recruitment at Cheltenham.

Plus Chris Clements
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:50 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
geoffhill wrote:I liked Pearce but he blotted his copybook when he refused to stay for extra training under Dempster.Apparently he refused to stay as he had to pick his kids up from school.He is employed by the club and should what he is told to do.This manager will not stand for these shenanigans and rightly so.

I think in most peoples lives their children will always come before their job so I’m not quite sure what KP has done wrong here.

Try working in real world.

:shock: Surely ANY world you put your kids first?! Or is that just me??

If I asked to leave coal mine every day to pick kids up, I would have been sacked.

Surely working in a coal mine you'd be on a shift pattern so it wouldn't be every day?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:55 pm

Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:When your a highly paid footballer and a club captain. You get a child minder. Simple as that.

Maybe some people don't like just palming their kids off onto someone else? I know in this day & age people have kids just for the sake of it & then dump them off at the childminders all day but there are the odd parents around who actually quit full time work (like I did) to look after their children rather than palm them off onto someone else.

They're at work for 4/5 hours a day and that would be stipulated in his contract.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Bloody hell, I'm in agreement with Dan, what an odd feeling!

Some folk need to realise that we don't live in the 80's anymore. It's completely unfair to castigate KP when the circumstances are not known
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:13 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Bloody hell, I'm in agreement with Dan, what an odd feeling!

Some folk need to realise that we don't live in the 80's anymore. It's completely unfair to castigate KP when the circumstances are not known

No we don't. Employers are much more accomodating these days. KP also works part time.

What we have here is a situation where an unsubstatiated claim that KP bunked off to do a school run, is the reason he's on the naughty step.

If there is any truth to the rumour, then it would have to be more than a one off to be an issue or KP opted to tell his employer he'd be going home early ( regularly) rather than asking.

I suspect, the whole school run story is a load of old pony.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:

They're at work for 4/5 hours a day and that would be stipulated in his contract.

We don't know where KP lives. He could live 2 hours drive away, thus meaning he'd have to leave at 1pm to reach his destination. If training was moved from say 10am to 11am then it would cause him a problem. That's when he needs to decide whether playing for us is more important than being there to pick his children up from school. Sounds like he's made the choice & I for one won't hold that against him, especially with what he's given us for the past few years.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:Bloody hell, I'm in agreement with Dan, what an odd feeling!

:D :D :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:49 pm

Dan wrote:

Your right in that we don't know the facts. I'm just saying what I would do but obviously theres tones of factors. My point is if your asked to stay late by your boss, coz performance is crap and your a team leader. You muck in.

I don't really like the way you're having a pop at people who use child minders etc. Plenty of working people have to do that to survive and earn and feed their kids.

Very easy for you to quit FT and do what you do. Your lucky you have a job career that allows it. I'm in a similar boat as is my wife but plenty aren't and you've been pretty disrespectful there IMO. The ones who have a millions kids cant afford minders. The ones who use them are usually hard working professional people who have every right to a family and career without having to worry about the likes of snooty strawberries like you.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:00 am

Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:

Your right in that we don't know the facts. I'm just saying what I would do but obviously theres tones of factors. My point is if your asked to stay late by your boss, coz performance is crap and your a team leader. You muck in.

I don't really like the way you're having a pop at people who use child minders etc. Plenty of working people have to do that to survive and earn and feed their kids.

Very easy for you to quit FT and do what you do. Your lucky you have a job career that allows it. I'm in a similar boat as is my wife but plenty aren't and you've been pretty disrespectful there IMO. The ones who have a millions kids cant afford minders. The ones who use them are usually hard working professional people who have every right to a family and career without having to worry about the likes of snooty strawberries like you.

How do you know KP can afford a minder? You don’t.

And I’m sick of seeing parents dumping kids on other people because they can’t be arsed to look after them. At the end of the day if a career is more important to you than having a family you don’t have them. It’s like buying a dog then taking it back after 2 weeks. You’re either in it 100% or not at all. I know of people who actually pay out MORE money to childminders than what they actually earn just because they can’t be doing with looking after their own kids. That’s pathetic. If you think I’m being disrespectful then good for you because I really don’t give a damn what a H*slam apologist thinks. Can’t look after your own kids then you shouldn’t have them in the first place. A lot of people have them as a fashion item or to keep up with family members, they’re pathetic & it does my head in.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:05 am

Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:

And I’m sick of seeing parents dumping kids on other people because they can’t be arsed to look after them. At the end of the day if a career is more important to you than having a family you don’t have them. It’s like buying a dog then taking it back after 2 weeks. You’re either in it 100% or not at all. I know of people who actually pay out MORE money to childminders than what they actually earn just because they can’t be doing with looking after their own kids. That’s pathetic. If you think I’m being disrespectful then good for you because I really don’t give a damn what a H*slam apologist thinks. Can’t look after your own kids then you shouldn’t have them in the first place. A lot of people have them as a fashion item or to keep up with family members, they’re pathetic & it does my head in.

So a working couple are looked down upon from you just because they have the audacity to earn money and be able to pay for a child minder for a few hours a day. :lol:

God Dan you do talk some sheet but I think this one tops all the anti police, know it all MTFC/NCFC drivel you post.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:29 am

All speculation not one bit of proof to say what someone was told or heard is the truth surrounding KP fallout with any manager of Mansfield Town.......

Another 11 pages of the same rubbish posted by so few
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:32 am

Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:

Wow, what a pile of cack, a new low Dan in your recent pile of cack posts.

But you knew it was cack really as you had to slip the "Haslam apologist" bit it in as your reasoning was so poor
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:38 am

Dan wrote:
Jamie wrote:
Dan wrote:

Time of the month Dan?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:50 am

Hilarious thread.

If (and it’s a big if) Pearce regularly skipper off training to pick up his kids then he’s in breach of contract and he’s in the wrong job unless it was agreed with his employer that an alternate work pattern was acceptable to both parties. The wider commentary about work is laughable. Employers are incredibly flexible on hours etc these days. I can work from home whenever I like within reason as long as I don’t kick the arse out of it. I come in early and thin out a bit earlier because it suits me and the business as I can get a look at the network and start sorting out any overnight issues.
Skipping work without employer agreement is not on and it also disrupts unit cohesion. If people see one getting preferential treatment then it will cause disruption
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:00 am

The childish behaviour on here amazes me . Kids don’t argue as much.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:03 am

CassellsCap wrote:The childish behaviour on here amazes me . Kids don’t argue as much.

Embarrassing isn’t it.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:09 am

Conker wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:The childish behaviour on here amazes me . Kids don’t argue as much.

Embarrassing isn’t it.

Oh yes they do!!! :D
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:01 am

Reads as if GC thinks he may have been a bit hasty on KP.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:05 am

MTFCMusings wrote:

Reads as if GC thinks he may have been a bit hasty on KP.

Yup, it also seems like it isn't us kicking them out the door and more a case of "your attitude stinks and if you don't want to be here, then leave" Esentiually, they're not forced to stay
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:33 am

But I thought KP was the best defender in England? Why haven't Liverpool come in for him yet?!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

Cocker is looking for a reaction.

He's publicly enforced his authority over KP and Mellis. If they do have poor attitudes then this works well whatever the outcome.

Either the pair of em piss off, or, they respond positively and show the Gaffer why they are there and what they are all about. Dare I say, it might galvanize them and focus their minds.

Takes real character to do the latter.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:44 am

Let’s hope KP shows us what we know he’s made of.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:49 am

Agree.

I don't want KP to leave. Been a good servant for the club. If his time here has gone stale, hopefully this helps.

Chips in with goals too.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 am

I doubt GC has taken the action he has against Pearce because he left early to pick up his kids under Dempster.

Much more likely he hasn't shown the right attitude to the current manager, probably in the 5 full days training they had last week.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum