{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Perspective - Funeral Details

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Perspective - Funeral Details

Postby Jimstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:53 pm

I’d put a couple of quid in if someone wants to set up a collection
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 pm

It’d be tremendous PR if the club shop donated one.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:13 am

88BenM wrote:It won't allow me to comment or post, but I have just seen a post on Facebook from this gentleman's daughter, Diana Louise, she is asking if anybody is selling a Stags shirt for a child sized 6-7 or 7-8, this is for her son to wear to the funeral.

I wondered if any like minded Stags fans would be willing to part with a couple of pounds and we could donate this seasons shirt to this mourning family on behalf of Stagsnet.

I don't know this lady, perhaps somebody on here does? My heart goes out to them for this tragic loss and with it happening at such an expensive time of year, perhaps we could get together in numbers and hopefully help reduce this small pressure to find a Stags shirt.

If anyone has contact details for Diana Louise could they please PM them to me asap as I am trying to make arrangements with the club shop to buy a size 7-8 Stags shirt for her son.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby smulls » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:17 am

Wilfred wrote:
88BenM wrote:It won't allow me to comment or post, but I have just seen a post on Facebook from this gentleman's daughter, Diana Louise, she is asking if anybody is selling a Stags shirt for a child sized 6-7 or 7-8, this is for her son to wear to the funeral.

I wondered if any like minded Stags fans would be willing to part with a couple of pounds and we could donate this seasons shirt to this mourning family on behalf of Stagsnet.

I don't know this lady, perhaps somebody on here does? My heart goes out to them for this tragic loss and with it happening at such an expensive time of year, perhaps we could get together in numbers and hopefully help reduce this small pressure to find a Stags shirt.

If anyone has contact details for Diana Louise could they please PM them to me asap as I am trying to make arrangements with the club shop to buy a size 7-8 Stags shirt for her son.

Bless you.
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Very commendable Wilford well done .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:35 pm

I've drawn a blank re contact details for Ian's daughter. But a Stags shirt is now available for collection from the club shop. Many thanks to Anne, from the club shop, and Dean Foulkes from the SSA for their help.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:45 pm

A very nice gesture.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:02 am

Thank you Wilfred
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum