{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer gossip

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer gossip

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:04 pm

spanishstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Bet they haven,t had the gilt edge chances that our strikers have had,its getting to a point where they seem unable to do it

Okay chap, it’s only our strikers that miss sitters in league 2 then and it happens to be all 3 of them!

Unfortunately your not far wrong

We’ll struggle to get better than Maynard and Cook at this stage though that’s the point. Look at Swindon, had the top 2 strikers in the league, lost them both, and their first replacement (probably another to come) is Hallam Hope who has scored 3 in 30 this season for Carlisle. Plenty of Carlisle fans were saying he can’t hit a barn door! He’s been half decent over the years but isn’t as good as what they had. This is a side who are top of the league, what hope would we have realistically?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Bet they haven,t had the gilt edge chances that our strikers have had,its getting to a point where they seem unable to do it

Okay chap, it’s only our strikers that miss sitters in league 2 then and it happens to be all 3 of them!

Unfortunately your not far wrong

We’ll struggle to get better than Maynard and Cook at this stage though that’s the point. Look at Swindon, had the top 2 strikers in the league, lost them both, and their first replacement (probably another to come) is Hallam Hope who has scored 3 in 30 this season for Carlisle. Plenty of Carlisle fans were saying he can’t hit a barn door! He’s been half decent over the years but isn’t as good as what they had. This is a side who are top of the league, what hope would we have realistically?

We are missing chances that we shouldn,t maynard ,good as he is is culpable ,rose is missing ,cooke is our best atm
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:24 pm

All strikers miss chances.Maynard is in the leagues top three strikers even with the chances he has missed.Out of all our strikers he is number one in my book.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Highest shots on target %* (League Two; 2019/20):

63%: Vadaine Oliver, Joe Ironside
59%: Lee Novak
58%: Daniel Powell
53%: Eoin Doyle
51%: Luke Norris
50%: Nicky Maynard

* of players with 20+ shots on target
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:50 pm

George Tanner being recalled by Man Utd from Morecombe..we are interested it appears . Full back 29 app this season
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kenwood » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:59 pm

CassellsCap wrote:George Tanner being recalled by Man Utd from Morecombe..we are interested it appears . Full back 29 app this season

Joined Salford on loan no surprise really
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:01 pm

Oh ok.. didnt know that. They must have a huge squad now
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Kenwood wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:George Tanner being recalled by Man Utd from Morecombe..we are interested it appears . Full back 29 app this season

Ok by me if it weakens Morcambe.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:19 am

Rumour on Facebook last night then Conrad had left us.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:31 am

lifestags wrote:Rumour on Facebook last night then Conrad had left us.

Clownty after another goalie as well :think:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:34 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:
lifestags wrote:Rumour on Facebook last night then Conrad had left us.

Clownty after another goalie as well :think:

Not sure if it was a joke but they were saying forest green.

It's going to be strange seeing us let players go to teams fighting for promotion out of this league or even league 1.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:52 am

i suspect that any new Faces will be in disguise at the academy training today, spotters at the ready ha ha
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:00 am

Vice President wrote:We would be crazy to sell Maynard right now. We are in serious danger of relegation and he is a class striker at this level - we would not get better in the January transfer window.

The right-back at Plymouth looks too injury prone. We need at least 3-4 players (midfield & defence), who can hit the ground running and ensure that we don't go down this season. We can think about next season in the summer.

I agree, we need to hang on to NM.

I'm not too sure we should be signing players with recent injury problems either.

Especially as we've already signed one.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bux46 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:34 am

I know he is young, I know he is a little raw but has not disgraced when given a chance, and he has a fair turn of pace is it time to give jimmy Knowles a few more minutes ... just a thought ...
bux46
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:40 am

Agree.Knowles needs more than a few minutes.Unfortunately he is way down the pecking order atm.We will need to be a couple of goals ahead before he can be risked.Regards to Logan I feel he won't be missed by many.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:42 am

Kenwood wrote:

I think the point is that Morecambe were also said to be interested in Joe Riley. Tanner is a right back and therefore they need one more than ever, and he has worked with Derek Adams before.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:44 am

I think some on here want a good shaking.

Maynard is probably the best "footballer" on the clubs books, OK he is missing chances, so are our other strikers.
All strikers in League 2 miss chances, that's why they are playing in League 2.
Cook is scoring but clearly not or was not fit enough to do 90 mins at the intensity required by our new manager.
The bottom line is, we need both Maynard and Cook we could allow Rose to leave and maybe replace him with a loan or someone the manager has his eye on.

Rose has little financial value now days, his spark went a year ago, he tries but it seems something is just not clicking or is he just an average player who was playing beyond his limits under Evans, my opinion.
We have one more week to hope for changes, if not we have what we have.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:47 am

geoffhill wrote:Agree.Knowles needs more than a few minutes.Unfortunately he is way down the pecking order atm.We will need to be a couple of goals ahead before he can be risked.Regards to Logan I feel he won't be missed by many.

Ive got a feeling we might see a bit more of jimmy knowles GC must be getting as frustrated as we continue to waste opportunites
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:52 am

I think we will see a few youngsters as soon as we are mathematically safe. CG seems to rate Sinclair.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:03 am

Logan to Forest Green on loan for the rest of the season. That’s a wage freed up to hopefully now use on a new outfield player.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:10 am

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag on the Beach » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Logan to Forest Green on loan for the rest of the season. That’s a wage freed up to hopefully now use on a new outfield player.

Bit shocked by that, to be honest. Stone is a bit young to throw into a relegation battle should anything happen to Olejnik, IMO.
Stag on the Beach
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby gavinbrookes » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:14 am

Good to free up a wage. If anything happens to Olejnik the club would seek an emergency loan.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:18 am

gavinbrookes wrote:Good to free up a wage. If anything happens to Olejnik the club would seek an emergency loan.

Yeah I agree, I was suprised (among others) we kept Logan in the summer.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:19 am

Least he can shed a few pounds on a vegan diet now....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum