{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Transfer gossip

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Transfer gossip

Postby Nottsstag100 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:11 pm

WVStag wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Walker poos all over Maynard

Oh right, a fair point well made, ship Maynard off then...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:13 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:Sell him

Ridiculous

He’s got form. At least he appears to be half sober today.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:14 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Maynard ,rose miss opportunities by the sackload ,,surely we can do better ,or it may be an attitude problem at least cookie gives his all

strikers who stick most chances away don't stay at this level for very long. I think our attack is the least of our worries personally.

Our strikers are missing more than they are scoring ,in fact they are bloody abysmal
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Dick Head is only ever half sober, if he drops below it he self combusts...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:18 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Dick Head is only ever half sober, if he drops below it he self combusts...

Weatherspons has a lot to answer for.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:22 pm

The One wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Dick Head is only ever half sober, if he drops below it he self combusts...

Weatherspons has a lot to answer for.

From a moderator ,disgusting
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:25 pm

Maynard is gonna go. It’s only a matter of when. It’s unlikely he will sign another contract IMO.
Can’t see why he would want to go to Plymouth though. He was offered last summer but opted for us because it was an easier commute from his Cheshire home. That’s still the case.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:27 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Maynard is gonna go. It’s only a matter of when. It’s unlikely he will sign another contract IMO.
Can’t see why he would want to go to Plymouth though. He was offered last summer but opted for us because it was an easier commute from his Cheshire home. That’s still the case.

He wont be a great loss
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:33 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Maynard ,rose miss opportunities by the sackload ,,surely we can do better ,or it may be an attitude problem at least cookie gives his all

strikers who stick most chances away don't stay at this level for very long. I think our attack is the least of our worries personally.

Our strikers are missing more than they are scoring ,in fact they are bloody abysmal

And our defenders can't mark up from corners and set peices, we've got the third highest goal scorer in the league yet one of if not the worst defensive record in the league so
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:37 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

And our defenders can't mark up from corners and set peices, we've got the third highest goal scorer in the league yet one of if not the worst defensive record in the league so

We should have been out of sight a few times this season then the defence comes under pressure its a vicious circle ,but our strikers have cost us points as well as our defence
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:51 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

God knows what you think about every other striker in the league then apart from Doyle, cos they’ve all scored less than Maynard and most of them play for better teams :lol:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:55 pm

Bet they haven,t had the gilt edge chances that our strikers have had,its getting to a point where they seem unable to do it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:56 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

God knows what you think about every other striker in the league then apart from Doyle, cos they’ve all scored less than Maynard and most of them play for better teams :lol:

We should have been 3 ,or 4 up at plymouth terrible finishing
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:58 pm

spanishstag wrote:Bet they haven,t had the gilt edge chances that our strikers have had,its getting to a point where they seem unable to do it

You could put money on that every striker in this league has missed a gilt edged chance

We scored 3 against forest green so scoring goals isn't really a problem. It's keeping the ball out of our not that were struggling with
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:02 pm

spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:Maynard is gonna go. It’s only a matter of when. It’s unlikely he will sign another contract IMO.

He wont be a great loss

I actually have so much time for you Spanish. You provide great content on this platform. Fair play to you.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm

spanishstag wrote:Bet they haven,t had the gilt edge chances that our strikers have had,its getting to a point where they seem unable to do it

Okay chap, it’s only our strikers that miss sitters in league 2 then and it happens to be all 3 of them!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:06 pm

WVStag wrote:
spanishstag wrote:

He wont be a great loss

I actually have so much time for you Spanish. You provide great content on this platform. Fair play to you.

I actually dont mind your sanctimonious posts ,just sayin
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:15 pm

spanishstag wrote:

He wont be a great loss

Deluded alert.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Ooh heres sooper sedge the font of all knowledge .,maynard has not exactly been a roaring success,give me all the stuff about poor service etc ,but he has been erratic at best
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:23 pm

spanishstag wrote:Ooh heres sooper sedge the font of all knowledge .,maynard has not exactly been a roaring success,give me all the stuff about poor service etc ,but he has been erratic at best

Got to be a wind up this :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:26 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:Ooh heres sooper sedge the font of all knowledge .,maynard has not exactly been a roaring success,give me all the stuff about poor service etc ,but he has been erratic at best

Why sedgeres is a bit ov an EXPERT
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 pm

We would be crazy to sell Maynard right now. We are in serious danger of relegation and he is a class striker at this level - we would not get better in the January transfer window.

The right-back at Plymouth looks too injury prone. We need at least 3-4 players (midfield & defence), who can hit the ground running and ensure that we don't go down this season. We can think about next season in the summer.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 pm

spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Just a heads up I don't think you'll find many on here agreeing with you that Maynard hasnt been good. Yes he does miss chances, but we'd probably be bottom if it wasn't for his goals
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
spanishstag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Just a heads up I don't think you'll find many on here agreeing with you that Maynard hasnt been good. Yes he does miss chances, but we'd probably be bottom if it wasn't for his goals

Or if we could defend we wouldn,t be where we are its a double edged coin bobbers ,maynard has missed lots of chances ,attitude not sure ,does he want to be here ,again not sure thats my view but not saying we should sell him
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 pm

BH_Stag wrote:

Okay chap, it’s only our strikers that miss sitters in league 2 then and it happens to be all 3 of them!

Unfortunately your not far wrong
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum