{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster going nowhere - chairman gives full backing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster going nowhere - chairman gives full backing

Postby Chadman » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:17 pm

John Dempster here to stay, despite disappointment so far - John Radford speaks . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... 1-10142818
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Dempster going nowhere - chairman gives full backing

Postby Beano » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:20 pm

No need to start another thread for clickbait, it’s already being discussed here.........

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36603&start=50
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Hon Sec » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 pm

Wise words from our owner. He needs our backing.
Hon Sec
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Well you’ve saved me buying a programme.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:45 pm

That’s good news.

You’ll have saved about 1,500 fans bothering from going, why go when you know you’ll get served crap and nothing will be done about it.

Cheers for the heads up mate

Get prepared for a relegation battle
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jr senior » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:52 pm

Is this the club owner's feared 'vote of confidence' which often is the forerunner to a sacking. The end is nigh?
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:11 pm

Claims it would cost nearly 7 figures to replace him... Sorry JR that is BS if ever I've heard it. Seems hes being backed because hes a nice guy...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:13 pm

Jamie wrote:Claims it would cost nearly 7 figures to replace him... Sorry JR that is BS if ever I've heard it. Seems hes being backed because hes a nice guy...

How do you know how much it would cost to compensate all of our current backroom staff, possibly pay compensation to another club for their manager and a whole lot of new backroom staff?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:17 pm

Referring to my previous post about being in the bottom three by Christmas it does seem after all that its about the cost of sacking JD and his team...a million pounds plus to sack the current management is a lot of money at our level so we had better batten down the hatches and support what we have at present...COYS...now we know the truth we should make every effort as true supporters to back JD and the players
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:19 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Jamie wrote:Claims it would cost nearly 7 figures to replace him... Sorry JR that is BS if ever I've heard it. Seems hes being backed because hes a nice guy...

How do you know how much it would cost to compensate all of our current backroom staff, possibly pay compensation to another club for their manager and a whole lot of new backroom staff?

If we decided to pay compo to another club of say 800k then yes a million might be realistic. Would be ever pay that much to get a manager when there were plenty of good ones out there for free - no.

Its BS and everyone knows it.

I've no problem with them having there view and sticking by him. But that is nonsense of the highest order. Look back our books for 9 years and now many managers we've had and tell me where we've ever spent an additional million quid just to change gaffer.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Jamie wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

If we decided to pay compo to another club of say 800k then yes a million might be realistic. Would be ever pay that much to get a manager when there were plenty of good ones out there for free - no.

Its BS and everyone knows it.

I've no problem with them having there view and sticking by him. But that is nonsense of the highest order. Look back our books for 9 years and now many managers we've had and tell me where we've ever spent an additional million quid just to change gaffer.

The truth is Jamie, unfortunately you don’t know and I don’t know. It’s not just the manager that would have to go. As I said on another thread it’s probably also the Faith Healer and Glover and maybe 3 more. If their contracts have 18 months to run, who knows.

And the a whole bunch of them coming in.

And he also said ‘the best part of a seven figure sum’. Taken literally that could be 501k.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Its bull, and just a convenient way of backing out of all the promotion crap thats been uttered since August. The board and chairman had a more than decent manager in place at the end of the last season, and they changed it. The blame for the current situation lies squarely on their shoulders.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:07 pm

bigalstag wrote:Its bull, and just a convenient way of backing out of all the promotion crap thats been uttered since August. The board and chairman had a more than decent manager in place at the end of the last season, and they changed it. The blame for the current situation lies squarely on their shoulders.

If he was 'more than decent' he'd have got us into league one with the best chance we've had for years. It's criminal how it was thrown away last season.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:13 pm

As BS as it could possibly be, our owner and the guy that’s saved our club as shared is views and I trust in him. That’s a line under it for me. Let’s just get behind JD and hope results improve and JD does learn. COYS.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:13 pm

And what bracket do you put this manager under, other than completely useless.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:18 pm

You haven't got a clue.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:24 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:If he was 'more than decent' he'd have got us into league one with the best chance we've had for years. It's criminal how it was thrown away last season.

Its more criminal where we are in the league now, would I take a twenty game unbeaten run and falling away, over this load of tripe, yes I would!
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:28 pm

bigalstag wrote:And what bracket do you put this manager under, other than completely useless.

He’s not doing well and that’s an understatement, however I will support JRs decision, however much it pains me. I’m sure JD will be gone if we lose a few more on the trot, but that’s JRs decision.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:31 pm

adamstag wrote:That’s good news.

You’ll have saved about 1,500 fans bothering from going, why go when you know you’ll get served crap and nothing will be done about it.

Cheers for the heads up mate

Get prepared for a relegation battle

Wrong on both counts i think
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Jamie knows everything.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:54 pm

He knows more than you.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby jr senior » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Birthday pressie for JR.....JDs resignation?
jr senior
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:07 pm

How stupid does this statement look now. No show from the players again, when we are told its make or break. The club is an absolute shambles from top to bottom, and its completely of our own making.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:33 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

Jamie knows everything.

If it's because they are all on long contracts then more fool JR for giving rookies such long deals.

Do you actually have an opinion bellboy or did you only come to have another pointless dig at me?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Dempster may be going nowhere but clearly fans are walking away
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum