{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:30 am

yorkstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enough said now, in my opinion.

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

"In John Radford we trust"

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.

I personally now think that the time has come for JD to step aside. I also think your Arsene Wengers Coat is totally put of order - the comment is totally disgraceful. JD is a decent individual.

As I've said many time before I can only assume that the people who criticise every manager we have are massively successful in what they do.

Even if you are unhappy ( as I am } you can still be a decent human being

I see nothing wrong with AWC, it's a factual opinion, nothing inhuman about it.

JD knew "what comes with the territory" before he took the job and now seems to be openly saying he has failed.

He could have stayed in his academy post but chose to take the big step, which has proved to be too big a stride at this point.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:43 am

oldweststander wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enough said now, in my opinion.

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

"In John Radford we trust"

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.

I personally now think that the time has come for JD to step aside. I also think your Arsene Wengers Coat is totally put of order - the comment is totally disgraceful. JD is a decent individual.

As I've said many time before I can only assume that the people who criticise every manager we have are massively successful in what they do.

Even if you are unhappy ( as I am } you can still be a decent human being

I see nothing wrong with AWC, it's a factual opinion, nothing inhuman about it.

JD knew "what comes with the territory" before he took the job and now seems to be openly saying he has failed.

He could have stayed in his academy post but chose to take the big step, which has proved to be too big a stride at this point.

Could be that the body (the players) has rejected the implant (JD)?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:57 am

Never known such a wrong appointment take so long to rectify at ta Mill
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:22 pm

According to the chad ,new faces will be coming in in january ,thats gonna upset a few :D
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:24 pm

Seems to me if they're giving him December they are too close to him to be objective. There's no signs where about to go on a brilliant run. They're just crossing their fingers and hoping.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:32 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Seems to me if they're giving him December they are too close to him to be objective. There's no signs where about to go on a brilliant run. They're just crossing their fingers and hoping.

This is my frustration too. If there had been any REAL signs of improvement rather than clutching at straws about performances and corners turned I'd be inclined to just shrug my shoulders at the Boards apparent inactivity.

But this ongoing issue of him getting another game.. another two games....and now December. .... WHY... if the club would just explain why after such a debacle filled 6 months I'd accept it but there's no rationale. Pre season was rubbish and low key and the League and other campaigns simply rubbish. He should have gone after Cambridge 2 full months ago together witj all thd lows since yet he and his sidekick team are all still here telling us what terrible fans we all are.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm

tomorrow will be toxic, everyone can see it coming!

the silence is defending
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:16 pm

SADLY largely SEASON over a lot with Xmas games gone so JR maybe having a re think and new manager will, have time to assess for next season only my view don't think it will be easy to catch up in January
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:46 pm

:evil:
yorkshire stag wrote:tomorrow will be toxic, everyone can see it coming!

the silence is defending

Bet you can’t wait you will absolutely love it

I believe JD should go but find the whole thing sad and depressing. You and others on here love it
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:01 pm

yorkstag wrote::evil:

the silence is defending

I believe JD should go but find the whole thing sad and depressing. You and others on here love it

yet another stupid post puddin, here’s the thing

ITS NOT WORKING

i want us to get rid of this mistake and quick before two real quality replacements are snapped up, faffin about over the last month has cost us greatly
cheer up snowflake it won’t be long now
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:34 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

the silence is defending

ITS NOT WORKING

i want us to get rid of this mistake and quick before two real quality replacements are snapped up, faffin about over the last month has cost us greatly

If JD is sacked, I think we have a chance at getting tisdale. imo no chance with jones, he will be waiting for a good league one job like pompey.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:42 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

the silence is defending

ITS NOT WORKING

If JD is sacked, I think we have a chance at getting tisdale. imo no chance with jones, he will be waiting for a good league one job like pompey.

Dont think its happening this year
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm

No sacking this year and they will both have new jobs for the January transfer window. JD will be allowed to bring a couple of new players in and be given a couple of months to see if they change our fortunes.

I can see him being here until the end of the season now and will only go if there is a real chance of relegation back to the pit.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:10 pm

the silence is defending

It's actually remarkable people think that the folk who want Dempster out are enjoying it. Such a stupid, ignorant thing to believe. We're not enjoying it at all. We're as frustrated as anyone else.

I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone anti-Dempster when I say that we would have much rather had our doubts to be proven wrong at the start of the year. It's not our fault we were right to think it was a poor appointment and that your blind faith was wrong. Nobody wins.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Wow.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

Wow.

Christ almighty. If he thinks this is ‘measured’ then god help us.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Incredible.

Radford has lost the plot on this one. How can it be a measured judgement? Results are what he’s judged on, we’re 15th, 10 points adrift, and out of every cup competition.

His win percentage puts him down as currently being one of the worst managers in the clubs history, footballs not particularly good, and majority of fans have had enough. Struggling to see how he’s come to that conclusion.
Last edited by BH_Stag on Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:24 pm

He'll be here until after January. Last time in a similar position we hired Evans and he spent big in January and we only got to 12th. Maybe the thinking is to bring someone on in February, let them build for netx season and then they can have a mass clear out in the summer if they see fit.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Do some on here not read any other news unless it's dempster out etc...

This Is a post from Martin on another thread.

I don't think Dempster's words could be much clearer:

Dempster: “December will be key to my future. So far I have not been good enough as a manager and the players have not been good enough individually. We have a massive month ahead of us. We don’t want the gap getting any bigger. Looking at the games this month, we need 8 or 9 points, at least. The chairman has put faith in me. I intend to repay him. That needs to happen quickly in this next short period otherwise, let's be realistic, there will be changes.”
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:28 pm

chip63 wrote:Do some on here not read any other news unless it's dempster out etc...

This Is a post from Martin on another thread.

I don't think Dempster's words could be much clearer:

Dempster: “December will be key to my future. So far I have not been good enough as a manager and the players have not been good enough individually. We have a massive month ahead of us. We don’t want the gap getting any bigger. Looking at the games this month, we need 8 or 9 points, at least. The chairman has put faith in me. I intend to repay him. That needs to happen quickly in this next short period otherwise, let's be realistic, there will be changes.”

It’s a completely different quote that’s being discussed, one that’s directly from the chairman...
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Radford has lost interest and is more concerned about Christmas present wrapping, end of story.

Utter disgrace Mr Radford.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:10 pm

Faith based on what exactly? Poor results, poor performances, poor discipline on and off the pitch, no green shoots at all, out of every cup, 2 points off 2nd last, more than the usual amount of injuries, players and staff blasting fans online...

I'd love to know what the real reasons are. How any chairman could retain faith given all that just seems bizarre.

I get not wanting to chop and change and wanting longevity and to build something. We all want that. But when a mistake like this is made you have to correct it. Only a miracle will turn this round now. Last I checked running a business on a wing and a prayer wasnt the best way to do things...
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:18 pm

oldweststander wrote:Radford has lost interest and is more concerned about Christmas present wrapping, end of story.

Utter disgrace Mr Radford.

Grow up
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby No Breaks Allowed » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:32 pm

gazza1988 wrote:He'll be here until after January. Last time in a similar position we hired Evans and he spent big in January and we only got to 12th. Maybe the thinking is to bring someone on in February, let them build for netx season and then they can have a mass clear out in the summer if they see fit.

Only problem with doing this is we could be in bottom 2 by February, big risk to run
No Breaks Allowed
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby west country stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:38 pm

BH_Stag wrote:Incredible.

Radford has lost the plot on this one. How can it be a measured judgement? Results are what he’s judged on, we’re 15th, 10 points adrift, and out of every cup competition.

His win percentage puts him down as currently being one of the worst managers in the clubs history, footballs not particularly good, and majority of fans have had enough. Struggling to see how he’s come to that conclusion.

SURELY JR YOU CANT MAKE A JUDGEMENT FROM YOUR TAX HAVEN IN PORTUGAL ....
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum