{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Postby Chadman » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 pm

Emotional stuff this morning as Dempster opened up about the pressure he is under to turn Stags' season around.

He freely admits it's not been good enough so far, admits his job could be saved or lost in a tough December and says, if he is axed, there would be no bitterness towards the club he owes so much to.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... 1-10139210
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Dempster opens up over his future and a crucial December

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:28 pm

John has had his collar rolled back, ready for the axe, for weeks now.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Enough said now, in my opinion.

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

"In John Radford we trust"
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:39 pm

“Over the last month I have spoken to the chairman once or twice a week. He is a very experienced man so I will always take his advice on dealing with the pressure and different scenarios.

“He has emphasised his faith in me so that gives me confidence"

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... 1-10139210
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm

football is like no other business is it?, Fans are the paying public they have an absolute right to voice their opinions, the snowflake society of today really do need to wake up and smell the coffee, it was a lovely idea it didn’t work, We move on together we need to change the manager not next week not next month not tomorrow now, this is football, it happens in every single club in the world.
The manager has had more lives than a cat, John Radford must be the most patient chairman in the football league, now is the time we need a new manager in who can assess for a few weeks and then try and build from the January transfer window a steady platform to go again next season.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:05 pm

“He has emphasised his faith in me so that gives me confidence”

What on Earth has Dempster done since taking the reigns to give Radford faith in him? I really just don’t get it.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:“He has emphasised his faith in me so that gives me confidence”

What on Earth has Dempster done since taking the reigns to give Radford faith in him? I really just don’t get it.

In fairness to dempster we were decent away and crap at home.

Though now we’re crap away and crap at home.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:59 pm

In fairness JD has at least selected a more attacking line up since macclesfield ,he has to stick with it ,bishop,s had his day ,pearce looks like he needs a rest,bring omari sterling in ,and, keep alistair smith and young clarke in ,at least till hayden comes back up front cook and maynard ,so on saturday its logan , clarke ,preston sweeney ,benning , khan ,o,shaughnessy ,omari sterling james !cook ,maynard sorted
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:00 pm

Reading that article I couldn't help feeling sorry for JD. BUT, he hasn't shown anything in his tenure to say he deserves more time. The pressure has definitley got to him and the negativity of the team has been passed on to us as fans. The end of December really is too long. My only hope is that the toxicity forecast for Saturday can be put aside. The man has feelings. It should be the board that are barracked. They appointed him and its in their hands to put him out of the torture that he is suffering.

I hope we can be kind to JD on Saturday despite our frustrations that he obviously shares.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:06 pm

Herts Stag wrote:Reading that article I couldn't help feeling sorry for JD. BUT, he hasn't shown anything in his tenure to say he deserves more time. The pressure has definitley got to him and the negativity of the team has been passed on to us as fans. The end of December really is too long. My only hope is that the toxicity forecast for Saturday can be put aside. The man has feelings. It should be the board that are barracked. They appointed him and its in their hands to put him out of the torture that he is suffering.

I hope we can be kind to JD on Saturday despite our frustrations that he obviously shares.

We are not entitled to success ,the board dont fail deliberately ,they are trying to do their best for the club ,its theirs as well not just the fans ,why the vitriol ,lots of people in lots of power get things wrong occassionally ,but critiscism is easy from people who have never offered a viable solution ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:16 pm

Another month, surely not

The more I read the more I wonder WHO is actually making the decisions, is it the Radford's or the remainder of the board.

Keep the same guy, get the same performances. By the time December is out we will be so far adrift that even winning every game in first half of 2020 would still see us well short of the play offs.

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go and losing interest. So be it, it is their money.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:18 pm

oldweststander wrote:Another month, surely not

The more I read the more I wonder WHO is actually making the decisions, is it the Radford's or the remainder of the board.

Keep the same guy, get the same performances. By the time December is out we will be so far adrift that even winning every game in first half of 2020 would still see us well short of the play offs.

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go and losing interest. So be it, it is their money.

Well if we dont go up this season ,its not like it hasn,t happened before is it
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Nothing that is happening allows me to shake the feeling I have that the Radford's are letting go ad losing interest. So be it, it is their money.

It might not be the end of december ,its a fluid situation i suppose tbh im just getting fed up of all the bile posted by some on here
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:Enough said now, in my opinion.

The guys got a wife and two young children to provide for, no matter how good or bad his tenure as manager is.

Those calling for his head should try walking a mile in his shoes. Mr Radford is in charge and I would remind those that snipe and utter bile...

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Pretty old school view of the world. In any case, he knew the remit before he took the job, he knew the risks, he's failed, he needs the sack. We don't owe him anything.

TORY ALERT
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Tbh the best thing that can happen on Saturday is the attendance falls through the roof and 1,000 fans don’t turn up.

I’m only coming back from manchester as for a family thing on otherwise would probably sod it off
Last edited by adamstag on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:34 pm

Herts Stag wrote:Reading that article I couldn't help feeling sorry for JD. BUT, he hasn't shown anything in his tenure to say he deserves more time. The pressure has definitley got to him and the negativity of the team has been passed on to us as fans. The end of December really is too long. My only hope is that the toxicity forecast for Saturday can be put aside. The man has feelings. It should be the board that are barracked. They appointed him and its in their hands to put him out of the torture that he is suffering.

Ouch.

You pitty him, like he's pathetic, scoffing at shrugging at his best endeavours. Who wants that?

Where's the pride, sometimes you have to admit defeat and take it on the chin.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:36 pm

spanishstag wrote:

TORY ALERT

How have you arrived at that?
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby DE STAG » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:38 pm

spanishstag wrote:

We are not entitled to success ,the board dont fail deliberately ,they are trying to do their best for the club ,its theirs as well not just the fans ,why the vitriol ,lots of people in lots of power get things wrong occassionally ,but critiscism is easy from people who have never offered a viable solution ,

This, I understand the frustration, but the level of vitriol and entitlement expressed by some of our fans is baffling, at a level Luton and Notts County fans would surely be proud of. Perhaps these are the same 1,000 or so fans who abandoned the Stags in the non-league years?
DE STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm

spanishstag wrote:

TORY ALERT

How have you arrived at that?

Well its a pretty bog standard tory reply to people who supposedly dont meet criteria
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:49 pm

adamstag wrote:

Tbh the best thing that can happen on Saturday is the attendance falls through the roof and 1,000 fans don’t turn up.

I’m only coming back from manchester as for a family thing on otherwise would probably sod it off

That’s a dreadful view. We are supporters of Mansfield Town Football Club - NOT The manager or any of the transitory players, or even the Board of Directors. True dyed-in-wool fans should protest (appropriately), boycott if they must, but never ever jettison their club because they don’t like one or more of its employees.

Next Thursday, I shall be casting my vote for Labour - not because I worship Jeremy Corbyn (I don’t) or even my constituency candidate, but because I am dedicated to the doctrine, true to my working class roots.

Similarly, I will continue to support the Stags (not always happily and seldom euphorically) for as long as I draw breath.

But ... Each to their own, eh ?

:coys:
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:52 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

That’s a dreadful view. We are supporters of Mansfield Town Football Club - NOT The manager or any of the transitory players, or even the Board of Directors. True dyed-in-wool fans should protest (appropriately), boycott if they must, but never ever jettison their club because they don’t like one or more of its employees.

Next Thursday, I shall be casting my vote for Labour - not because I worship Jeremy Corbyn (I don’t) or even my constituency candidate, but because I am dedicated to the doctrine, true to my working class roots.

Similarly, I will continue to support the Stags (not always happily and seldom euphorically) for as long as I draw breath.

To be honest this stag seems like a pretty dreadful person ,certainly not someone who,s company i would enjoy ,but what do i know :mtfc:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:55 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Exactly, and thankfully I’m pleased for my sanity mine normally differs from yours :lol:

Unfortunately it’s getting to the realms of where the messages need to start getting stronger. It isn’t working, it isn’t acceptable, fans will vote with their feet.

Why would the floating fan in the most expensive month pay to watch that tripe? I’m a STH and don’t want - and will also be putting a tenner on Cheltenham -1 at 6/1.

Why should fans - whether die hards or floating fans be expected to show they’re bothered about this season when the board are quite obviously stating they don’t care.
Last edited by adamstag on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:56 pm

spanishstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

To be honest this stag seems like a pretty dreadful person ,certainly not someone who,s company i would enjoy ,but what do i know :mtfc:

In general not a lot :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:56 pm

adamstag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Exactly, and thankfully I’m pleased for my sanity mine normally differs from yours :lol:

Unfortunately it’s getting to the realms of where the messages need to start getting stronger. It isn’t working, it isn’t acceptable, fans will vote with their feet.

Why would the floating fan in the most expensive month pay to watch that tripe? I’m a STH and don’t want - and will also be putting a tenner on Cheltenham -1 at 6/1.

Why should fans - whether die yards or floating fans be expected to show they’re bothered about this season when the board are quite obviously stating they don’t care.

As I said - each to their own
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum