{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Port Vale EFL trophy game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Port Vale EFL trophy game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:11 pm

CJ Hamilton scores Mansfield’s first goal at Port Vale

Omari Sterling-James scores the second goal at Port Vale

brief highlights, produced by EFL

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Port Vale EFL trophy game

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:06 pm

Outstanding hit by OSJ for the equaliser
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 pm

Sterling James is far superior to MacDonald.

To be fair, Cook as a lone striker, had a hand in both goals.

The fact that both Hamilton & OSJ are our best attacking runners, yet neither can command a place in the team at the expense of the likes of MacDonald/Gordon/Benning is a bad indictment of the judgement of our current manager.
Last edited by Vice President on Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Our defending for those two goals was relegation standard.

As for Benning's penalty :o For God's sake ... anyone who takes a penalty knows that you need to hit it with some power! In 50 years it is the second most pathetic penalty I have ever seen! (The top prize still goes to Roger Davies for Derby in the 70's - actually it was on a par with Bennings, the only difference was that the Baseball Ground was a mud-bath, and Davies' penalty was down the middle ... but both were hit at 'granny pace' at about 5mph!).
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:30 pm

Vice President wrote:Our defending for those two goals was relegation standard.

As for Benning's penalty :o For God's sake ... anyone who takes a penalty knows that you need to hit it with some power! In 50 years it is the second most pathetic penalty I have ever seen! (The top prize still goes to Roger Davies for Derby in the 70's - actually it was on a par with Bennings, the only difference was that the Baseball Ground was a mud-bath, and Davies' penalty was down the middle ... but both were hit at 'granny pace' at about 5mph!).

No comment, i got stick for my thoughts last night.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:00 pm

The One wrote:

No comment, i got stick for my thoughts last night.

Yes but VP didn't insinuate Mal did it on purpose .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:34 pm

I don't know.. Liam Lawrence's penalty still haunts me
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum