{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Glover post match & EFL highlights

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port Vale highlights

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Dan wrote:I was level with Benning when he took it and it looked to me like he tried to do a panenka and didn't get underneath the ball which is why it made it look like a scuffed back pass.

That is what happened. Benning glanced at you out of the corner of his eye and lost concentration whilst thinking, 'What is that County fan doing here'? I blame you Dan. :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:09 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Dan wrote:I was level with Benning when he took it and it looked to me like he tried to do a panenka and didn't get underneath the ball which is why it made it look like a scuffed back pass.

That is what happened. Benning glanced at you out of the corner of his eye and lost concentration whilst thinking, 'What is that County fan doing here'? I blame you Dan. :lol:

:) :D :lol:
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:36 pm

The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Dunno why you're laughing, I've got photos of your daughter wearing a Notts County tracksuit ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:55 pm

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Dunno why you're laughing, I've got photos of your daughter wearing a Notts County tracksuit ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Because she worked there !!! She is now at Leicester City.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:59 pm

The One wrote:
Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

Because she worked there !!! She is now at Leicester City.

Same as me then!? Neither of us are or were County fans though eh? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:13 pm

If the GK had dived the other way we'd be saying it's a coolly calculated goal.
Having said that, you reduce the chances of the keeper saving it if hit with pace and accuracy.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Re: Glover post match & EFL highlights

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:23 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 pm

pemill wrote:

If the GK had dived the other way we'd be saying it's a coolly calculated goal.
Having said that, you reduce the chances of the keeper saving it if hit with pace and accuracy.

The issue is there was no way the keeper was going to go the wrong way as his run up made it so obvious what he was going to do.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:37 pm

Dan wrote:
The One wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:

:.: im getting the word....
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum