{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cup score Fred sponsored by Taming Of The Shrews

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:25 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:What time is the post game interview usually released? I thought it might be out by now. Is he gone already or am I wishful thinking?

It'll be on here when it's released to youtube
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:26 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:What time is the post game interview usually released? I thought it might be out by now. Is he gone already or am I wishful thinking?

Text is on the club website....apparently we were the better team for 60 minutes but we are going again on Monday morning....like we always do. He takes full responsibility but the players have to take a look at themselves...so you don't take full responsibility? !?!?!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:27 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Text is on the club website....apparently we were the better team for 60 minutes but we are going again on Monday morning....like we always do. He takes full responsibility but the players have to take a look at themselves...so you don't take full responsibility? !?!?!

To be fair ‘he’s going to look in the mirror’ as well.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby Beano » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:29 pm

Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:30 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

To be fair ‘he’s going to look in the mirror’ as well.

Hopefully he will see the Grim Reaper standing behind him
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:39 pm

1970Stag wrote:I cant believe there are prunes on here that want Evans back, the guy that walked out because there was a better job in China, fell out with the fans, abused the officials week in, week out, and what's he done since he left us? Bugger all! By all means change the manager, but we dont want Evans back, imagine he took us back into the playoffs and then his dream job came up at [insert team name here] and buggered off (again) rather than finsihing the job we paid him for! Absolute plums!

I second that , A horrible man
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:44 pm

Bring back Dave Smith!!!
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:46 pm

Number63 wrote:
1970Stag wrote:I cant believe there are prunes on here that want Evans back, the guy that walked out because there was a better job in China, fell out with the fans, abused the officials week in, week out, and what's he done since he left us? Bugger all! By all means change the manager, but we dont want Evans back, imagine he took us back into the playoffs and then his dream job came up at [insert team name here] and buggered off (again) rather than finsihing the job we paid him for! Absolute plums!

I agree with that

Evans can rot in hell as far as I am concerned. Horrible person.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:47 pm

Honestly think JD massively underestimated how hard this job would be and thought he knew all the problems as to why Flitcroft didn't get us over the line at the death...

I don't think hes worked hard enough. Not fully analysed last season at all. The discipline and lack of ability to do the basics right are shocking. JD signed two top strikers and brushed it off as the reason DF failed due to only having one option up front. Hes show a total disregard to everything else and somehow managed to make everything a million times worse.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:48 pm

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:51 pm

As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:59 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....

Tell you what, fans would hate it and probably boo him on his return walking past the IG stand... but the team would perform we'd win 5-0 and he'd celebrate with everyone.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:10 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Number63 wrote:

I agree with that

Life is too short to hd such strong opinions about someone you don't know. Evans really hasn't done anything that bad. No one died. Get over yourselves.

He didn't move to China, he went to a club in a higher division, it was handled badly, but come on, get off your righteous pedestal.

If he won he first 2 games we'd all love it. It's football, it's fickle.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:16 pm

I agree AWC.

If another employer offered to pay me more money and give be much better resources to work with then I would go - Just like nearly every one else would.

I'd have him him back and will gladly start loading up the bags of coal if he brings the promotion express back with him!
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:27 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Honestly think JD massively underestimated how hard this job would be and thought he knew all the problems as to why Flitcroft didn't get us over the line at the death...

I don't think hes worked hard enough. Not fully analysed last season at all. The discipline and lack of ability to do the basics right are shocking. JD signed two top strikers and brushed it off as the reason DF failed due to only having one option up front. Hes show a total disregard to everything else and somehow managed to make everything a million times worse.

There's some truth in this. The top strikers he's signed have let us down a lot, like so many strikers in the past, but surely coaching and preparation have to be blamed for that to some extent. It's not entirely faulty tactics, as they get decent chances in most games but just don't find the net often enough. It can't be an accident that they fluff every chance, when they used to score for fun.

I can see that several players look like low-end League 2 journeymen, even though when they signed they were top class for this level. Flitcroft also seemed to have the knack of bringing players down to a level; signings look great in their debut game, solid in the second and then level out as average. At least he managed to get them playing as a team for a while.

We have Mellis and Khan seemingly unable to take a corner or free-kick and put the ball into a dangerous area, even though we know that they are technically gifted players. Gordon rarely gets his final ball anywhere useful. Cook mistimes his shots, and he and Maynard seem incapable of getting any power and direction on the ball. Hamilton's legs go to jelly once the goal opens up. Bishop appears to have lost his Midfield General stripes. Several players need a few attempts before controlling the ball, and then overhit their passes. I could go on, but I'm just wallowing in disappointment at the moment so it's probably not wise.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:34 pm

kevin kents tasce wrote:I agree AWC.

If another employer offered to pay me more money and give be much better resources to work with then I would go - Just like nearly every one else would.

I'd have him him back and will gladly start loading up the bags of coal if he brings the promotion express back with him!

Would you go back, cap in hand, for your old job back because you couldn't perform in the job you left fore nor the one you had after that?

Put yourself in the chairman role. You had a high ranking member of staff who left with very little warning. Lied about where he was going which cost your company compensation money and saved his new employers 10s of thousands of pounds. Said employee is then sacked from the job he left for for spending too much money for no return. Then moves to another company with no money and can't do anything. Said employee then wants his old job back at your company again. Can you honestly, hand on heart, say you'd re hire that employee? I couldn't.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:36 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
kevin kents tasce wrote:I agree AWC.

Would you go back, cap in hand, for your old job back because you couldn't perform in the job you left fore nor the one you had after that?

You mean like people are proposing JD do? And how.do you know JR isn't caughting Evans?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:36 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
I am Spartacus wrote:
Number63 wrote:

I agree with that

Life is too short to hd such strong opinions about someone you don't know. Evans really hasn't done anything that bad. No one died. Get over yourselves.

He didn't move to China, he went to a club in a higher division, it was handled badly, but come on, get off your righteous pedestal.

If he won he first 2 games we'd all love it. It's football, it's fickle.

I do know him, I have as a match official (linesman) been on the receiving end of his behaviour in a behind closed doors friendly. I am not fickle - odious person. All the Forest officials etc apologised for his behaviour afterwards.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:47 pm

Are you lot serious ! He stitched JR up ,and you think he should come back . I think JR said at the time ,you learn by your mistakes .
Sacked at posh and struggling at Gillingham , a dinosaur ,no chance
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:55 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:As horrible as Evans is, and I really loathe him, I would take him in a heartbeat to rid us of this shower of .....

His return would see the back of me.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

His return would see the back of me.

I know things are bad but they will never be bad enough for the return of Evans.
We got money when he left and would have to pay to get him back, won't happen.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Well what can I say, just back and another tactical masterclass.

The throw all subs on but with no shape tactic found out again. Absolutely clueless against ten men.
Left it 15-20 mins before thinking we better do summat they've only got 10.

Atrocious management!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:04 pm

We went 1-0 down so Dempster decided to take a striker off and bring a midfielder on and got 4-5-1. Ridiculously poor defensive management.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:08 pm

Mr Dempster is going nowhere
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:14 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Mr Dempster is going nowhere

So you keep saying on every thread, get that post count up!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum