{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Who’s it gonna be ?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Who’s it gonna be ?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:So who is it going to be? Question aimed at those who seem to know what’s happening from someone that seems to know what’s happening.....

I have no more insight than the rest of us, but given the hugely disrespectful way the Evans left us for The Peoples Republic of Peterborough, I’d be absolutely astonished if the Directors were to re-appoint this truly awful individual.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:Is there anything to this Evans talk or is it baseless? Seems a highly unlikely reappointment to me.

It’s balderdash

I think they will be assessing all options and CR is just being a dick to the fans by "leaking" bits of info to us.... Its probably highly unlikely that he would be reappointed, I bet they were just asking for advice etc on the situation or discussing other managers and football things. And she's put a photo up to make us think hes incoming... bit of a ridiculous thing to do to your fans base and the current manager. Director of football role might suit him somewhere, you never know.

The real manager coming in, if there is one, I doubt they would tease on social media.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:40 am

Sedgwick wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
gavinbrookes wrote:Is there anything to this Evans talk or is it baseless? Seems a highly unlikely reappointment to me.

It’s balderdash

I think they will be assessing all options and CR is just being a dick to the fans by "leaking" bits of info to us.... Its probably highly unlikely that he would be reappointed, I bet they were just asking for advice etc on the situation or discussing other managers and football things. And she's put a photo up to make us think hes incoming... bit of a ridiculous thing to do to your fans base and the current manager. Director of football role might suit him somewhere, you never know.

The real manager coming in, if there is one, I doubt they would tease on social media.

“She” needs to grow up.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:41 am

Okay so I have missed something... what is this video and what I carolyn post?
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:14 pm

BigGuy wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
You really need to get out more :roll:

What Irony, if only he had spent an hour trawling through old forum threads eh?

Took all of 10 minutes if you know how to use the forum correctly ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:46 pm

Marco Silva on the market
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BigGuy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:07 am

yep thought so :lol: :lol:

Good job i’ve just fell out of a pub to pick up this reply (hic!)
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 am

we’re ALL Mansfield int we ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby diablo » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm

long shot tip Billy Davies
diablo
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:48 pm

diablo wrote:long shot tip Billy Davies

Dan not be pleased :D
Someone like Simon Grayson would be my choice
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 am

Amberheart wrote:

Since his initial success at Blackpool Grayson has done nothing anywhere else he has been....Leeds Sunderland Preston....and it's only going back to Blackpool has seen him start to do something again. Smacks of a one club guy.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 am

Amberheart wrote:

Be careful what you wish for. As with our track record we would end up setting Grayson Perry on as manager.

Still, I suppose a twin set and pearls clad painter stood in the dug out can’t do any worse than the current fellow.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:57 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:So who is it going to be? Question aimed at those who seem to know what’s happening from someone that seems to know what’s happening.....

I have no more insight than the rest of us, but given the hugely disrespectful way the Evans left us for The Peoples Republic of Peterborough, I’d be absolutely astonished if the Directors were to re-appoint this truly awful individual.

So anyone who leaves to improve themselves for whatever reason would not be welcomed back ? Even though 100's have done it
Better not employ anyone with AMBITION
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:05 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

So anyone who leaves to improve themselves for whatever reason would not be welcomed back ? Even though 100's have done it

Nobody can blame Evans for wanting to better himself, but the absolute BS he gave us about having an opportunity to work in China has left a bad taste with many.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Since his initial success at Blackpool Grayson has done nothing anywhere else he has been....Leeds Sunderland Preston....and it's only going back to Blackpool has seen him start to do something again. Smacks of a one club guy.

Are we just letting this go? :lol:

Do some research Chris. He has won promotion with four teams. Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston. Not bad for a one club guy.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:11 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Nobody can blame Evans for wanting to better himself, but the absolute BS he gave us about having an opportunity to work in China has left a bad taste with many.

Maybe if he wasn't also a convicted criminal and very abusive he'd be welcomed back. Also would help if he didn't spend loads of money on crocked players with high wages
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:18 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Are we just letting this go? :lol:

Do some research Chris. He has won promotion with four teams. Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield and Preston. Not bad for a one club guy.

Absolutely humble pie and apologies. I genuinely thought he hadn't done anything after Blackpool. Apologies for the mistake. Love to blame it on the anticipation of this afternoon at Field Mill clouding my memory but it was just me! !
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:27 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Is Peterborough bettering himself? When he left we were in the play offs, many claim he would have got us promoted, we would have been in the same league as Peterborough.

There was no jobs available in China at the time. The guy lied to try and save his new employers some cash on compensation fees payable to us. He only ever managed to finish 12th whilst here. He's had touchline and stadium bans at other clubs. Dodgy dealings to get Boston promoted.

He did nothing at Peterborough, who the season after he left, are currently sat 3rd in league 1. Funny that, he arrives at a club, overspends, does nothing and the leaves and then the club do well in the league. Similar thing happened here. I wonder if there's any expensive dead wood at Peterborough taking up wages like there was here last season?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:58 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:03 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Is Peterborough bettering himself? When he left we were in the play offs, many claim he would have got us promoted, we would have been in the same league as Peterborough.

There was no jobs available in China at the time. The guy lied to try and save his new employers some cash on compensation fees payable to us. He only ever managed to finish 12th whilst here. He's had touchline and stadium bans at other clubs. Dodgy dealings to get Boston promoted.

He did nothing at Peterborough, who the season after he left, are currently sat 3rd in league 1. Funny that, he arrives at a club, overspends, does nothing and the leaves and then the club do well in the league. Similar thing happened here. I wonder if there's any expensive dead wood at Peterborough taking up wages like there was here last season?

Posh were very close to the play-offs in League One, of course it was a step up.

There’s no deadwood at Posh because whether you like Fry and DMac or not, they know what they’re doing when it comes to handing out contracts, unlike here.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Clarke or Evans please.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:37 pm

What ?????????????????????????//
just unbelievable... I do think JD has to go but your previous comments do you no credit. Who can help feeling for the man ….his stress was evident in the post match interview.
Are you really suggesting SE would be a good choice?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 pm

yorkstag wrote:What ?????????????????????????//
just unbelievable... I do think JD has to go but your previous comments do you no credit. Who can help feeling for the man ….his stress was evident in the post match interview.
Are you really suggesting SE would be a good choice?

If Evans comes back, JR will have lost my respect. (Not that this would matter a jot)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby 1975stag » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You found employment didnt you ?

A lesson for everyone , even the biggest <swearing removed> can get a job
1975stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:51 pm

1975stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You found employment didnt you ?

A lesson for everyone , even the biggest <swearing removed> can get a job

He didn’t leave to improve himself you massive weapon.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum