{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Realistically who would you bring in?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Realistically who would you bring in?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:41 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:
wink68 wrote:Boltons assistant manager.

Good Call

Even if we approached him, Flitcroft would not come back. I suspect that could only happen if there was the departure of a certain Director.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:41 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:This is like Brexit all over again. Dan and Edders are the typical remoaners.

The point of the poll on here is that a few weeks ago it would have been much closer. Even those calling for more time or not really sure have turned.

Don’t try to categorise me, Jamie. You’re really not up to it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:51 am

Jamie wrote:This is like Brexit all over again. Dan and Edders are the typical remoaners.

The point of the poll on here is that a few weeks ago it would have been much closer. Even those calling for more time or not really sure have turned.

Dan is very vocal about being a Leaver.

I guess like most leavers reading & thinking aren't your strong points. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:06 am

Jamie wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we seem to have forgotten the age old process of advertising the position, sifting & then calling for an interview, we have good quality owners, facilities etc, we are an attractive option in the lower leagues.

What we dont seem to have is owners here at the club with time to spend interviewing. I think that is partly why JD got the job. The easy option. They knew him and didnt have to go through the process or interviewing anyone.

I think that is where the club is falling down. When was the last time the club advertised for a manager ? Paul Cox, and that produced the required result.

Whenever the time comes for a new manager, I hope the club advertise the job and interview at least three of the candidates.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby awalkinthepark » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:10 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:we seem to have forgotten the age old process of advertising the position, sifting & then calling for an interview, we have good quality owners, facilities etc, we are an attractive option in the lower leagues.

What we dont seem to have is owners here at the club with time to spend interviewing. I think that is partly why JD got the job. The easy option. They knew him and didnt have to go through the process or interviewing anyone.

I think that is where the club is falling down. When was the last time the club advertised for a manager ? Paul Cox, and that produced the required result.

Whenever the time comes for a new manager, I hope the club advertise the job and interview at least three of the candidates.

Adam Murray was chosen after interviewing candidates.
awalkinthepark
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

Sneag wrote:

You've just lost your credibility and thus the argument.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

awalkinthepark wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Adam Murray was chosen after interviewing candidates.

It’ll still come down to the judgement of the Board.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 am

1. Nathan Jones
2. Darrell Clarke
3. Paul Tisdale
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:21 am

Jamie wrote:Troll post... If you think it's a minority your clueless. Yes a poll on here or Facebook doesn't represent everyone but when it's so one sided it's a very good indicator.

As for managers. See who applies and appoint the best candidate. We're one of 92 very desirable jobs in English football. We'll have lots of interest. Guaranteed.

Sadly even if they did remove JD I have very little faith in the club to then make the right call.

Me too, the Chairman doesn't seem to be a good judge of a football manager.

Paul Cox was a horse for the course and succesful in the non league, the rest have been either average (DF) very poor(AM) or a con man (fill in the space yourself).
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

He wouldn't come back here. We had a poor pre season, our fitness levels aren't up to last season (I'm not saying we aren't fit, just last seasons was higher) and he's got a hell of a job on his hands.

I don't think he would have an issue with the signings but he's not had them for pre season so they aren't at his standards.

Also, above all else it would be indicative that the board made a huge error. The egos won't take it. They can say we tried a young manager and it hasn't worked. No way would Flitcroft come back, even if he wanted to.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:30 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

I wasn't aware I was arguing. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:33 am

gazza1988 wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

He wouldn't come back here. We had a poor pre season, our fitness levels aren't up to last season (I'm not saying we aren't fit, just last seasons was higher) and he's got a hell of a job on his hands.

I don't think he would have an issue with the signings but he's not had them for pre season so they aren't at his standards.

Also, above all else it would be indicative that the board made a huge error. The egos won't take it. They can say we tried a young manager and it hasn't worked. No way would Flitcroft come back, even if he wanted to.

And a good few of us wouldn't want him back thank you very much. If we did we wouldn't progress and that's not what most fans want. He's had two tries and failed, why repeat the process?.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:34 am

1. Nathan Jones
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

In that case can I refer you to your last comment above :D
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:37 am

Because of course we are really progressing at the moment.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 am

Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

In that case can I refer you to your last comment above :D

Wasn’t arguing. Just stating a view. It’s not rocket science, now is it?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

How the raspberry is it a good call?? The bloke failed miserably not once but twice.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:44 am

If stating that people who want to leave a failed and sinking system can't read or think for themselves isn't arguing, then yes you are right.

I suppose you could argue that the situation of manager at MTFC is just as sound and secure, but wait a minute - you do. Hardly rocket science is it?
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:02 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

How the raspberry is it a good call?? The bloke failed miserably not once but twice.

Bit better than what we have got now I guess.

Enjoy mid table instead because thats all we have now.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:06 am

Richard Cranium wrote:1. Nathan Jones
2. Darrell Clarke
3. Paul Tisdale

This is my shortlist in order too.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:09 am

Sneag wrote:
Sneag wrote:

And I wasnt suggesting they were remainers. Just there antics over contesting the poll was akin with remoaners.
Last edited by Jamie on Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:09 am

Tony Adams, just for a laugh if nowt else.
BigGuy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:13 am

gazza1988 wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

And a good few of us wouldn't want him back thank you very much. If we did we wouldn't progress and that's not what most fans want. He's had two tries and failed, why repeat the process?.

It's a moot point because he won't be back but won't progress under him? He took over a manager who finished 12th the season before. Had no transfer window and managed 8th (progress by 4 places) sfter 2 transfer windows and lots of praise from fellow professionals and opposing fans and 4 players in the league teams of the year he finished 4th (again progress by 4 places) he's then sacked.

On which version of reality is that 1. Failing and 2. Not progressing?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:44 am

gazza1988 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

It's a moot point because he won't be back but won't progress under him? He took over a manager who finished 12th the season before. Had no transfer window and managed 8th (progress by 4 places) sfter 2 transfer windows and lots of praise from fellow professionals and opposing fans and 4 players in the league teams of the year he finished 4th (again progress by 4 places) he's then sacked.

On which version of reality is that 1. Failing and 2. Not progressing?

Exactly.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:47 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

Good Call

Not his fault the first time. Get over it.

Highest finish we've had for how many years? Whilst having 5/6 players sat in the stands. He did incredibly well considering and should still be here.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum