{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Are we happy?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Are we happy?

Postby Never easy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:05 pm

Half way through November we’re 14 I believe are we happy? I’m not home games abysmal, sorry dempster is draining the life out the club , We need a change
Never easy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Are we happy?

Postby Richard Cranium » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:30 pm

No coming back for him now. Only the deluded still think he will turn this around
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:36 pm

His team selection made my mind up. It’s almost as if he wanted the match to be a battle.

If this is the kind of tactics he wants to play JRs wasted half his money this season as you can get the same performance, calibre of player and skill from bog standard league two players and still finish mid table.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Number63 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:50 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:His team selection made my mind up. It’s almost as if he wanted the match to be a battle.

If this is the kind of tactics he wants to play JRs wasted half his money this season as you can get the same performance, calibre of player and skill from bog standard league two players and still finish mid table.

Completely agree with that.
Not much matches Mansfield
Number63
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 pm

Dead man walking
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:Dead man walking

Thats you for firing sqaud, Dan and Bobby stag just gone into pub in york to join york n chip to discuss where to hold promotion party.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:50 am

The One wrote:

Thats you for firing sqaud, Dan and Bobby stag just gone into pub in york to join york n chip to discuss where to hold promotion party.

So nice for you to think of me. Do you think I'm happy with how we are right now? Of course I'm not
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:24 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
The One wrote:

So nice for you to think of me. Do you think I'm happy with how we are right now? Of course I'm not

Ditto.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:45 am

What’s incredible to me, is this season’s squad is better than last seasons. Why blow that by recruiting JD. I just don’t get what the board were thinking. It’s almost as if they thought JD couldn’t fail with the additions of Maynard and Cook. ITS FAILED!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:58 am

I mean he might turn it around, but not this season... Maybe next year.. but I can't see it, he's got such a good squad and can't do anything with it.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:06 am

The player recruitment, I can't fault. Even now, I'm happy with it. I still think we need a centre back but as a whole it's been good.

We lost/released Turner, Atkinson, Hakeem and Wilder. Smith, Jones, Grant, Ajose and Walker went back to their parent club. Mirfin retired at the end of the season. Also don't forget Anderson was paid up for the season at the end of January. That is a good amount of cash we have to spend this season if the budget is the same

Overall, no I'm not happy and neither is 90+% of the people who voted in the poll.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:12 am

gazza1988 wrote:The player recruitment, I can't fault. Even now, I'm happy with it. I still think we need a centre back but as a whole it's been good.

We lost/released Turner, Atkinson, Hakeem and Wilder. Smith, Jones, Grant, Ajose and Walker went back to their parent club. Mirfin retired at the end of the season. Also don't forget Anderson was paid up for the season at the end of January. That is a good amount of cash we have to spend this season if the budget is the same

Overall, no I'm not happy and neither is 90+% of the people who voted in the poll.

You think we need a CB, what about 4 midfielders who know how to play there and are not converted wingers or centre backs and can actually run above the performance coaches high bar of 2mph
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:22 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:The player recruitment, I can't fault. Even now, I'm happy with it. I still think we need a centre back but as a whole it's been good.

You think we need a CB, what about 4 midfielders who know how to play there and are not converted wingers or centre backs and can actually run above the performance coaches high bar of 2mph

I should hould have specified that was my view at the start of the season meaning I still think we need one now. Poor wordmanship on my part. We absolutely need a midfielder as well as a centre back. If only to replace Donohue. But at the start of the season I felt CB was a higher priority.

To be fair our midfield is poor but is that because Mellis is on the bench? Smith looks a capable backup but we need someone else with a bit of flair. Shaughnessy? A bit hit and miss.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:What’s incredible to me, is this season’s squad is better than last seasons. Why blow that by recruiting JD. I just don’t get what the board were thinking. It’s almost as if they thought JD couldn’t fail with the additions of Maynard and Cook. ITS FAILED!!!

I think that's exactly what they thought.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:19 pm

With the league wide open we’ve made the worst managerial appointment since Carlton Palmer, we’ve completely imploded in 4 months, disharmony, negative tactics, no style of play, no creativity, Cj s confidence been butchered, if the current regime stays he’ll go for free in jan which would be absolutely a marker of what’s been achieved. I’d like to know what the early planning for season ticket sales figures are for next season under this management team
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:23 pm

On a happier (more reflective) note.

Our friends in the wilderness both got turned over at home.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:37 pm

Hugely disappointed :(
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:30 pm

A worry for me is that, assuming JD is in charge at the end of the season is that many players contracts are up for grabs aren't they?
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:44 pm

Coupled with Dark night, cold weather months and crap football - naa not happy
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:13 pm

Chander Lear wrote:Coupled with Dark night, cold weather months and crap football - naa not happy

Put a 200 mile round trip for me,at times, on that bud. Dont think I will bother. Never felt so low about the club.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby JLStag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:28 pm

I'm happy that we've not got another Home game until 7th. I've become so disenchanted with Mansfield that it's a genuine chore
JLStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:24 pm

JLStag wrote:I'm happy that we've not got another Home game until 7th. I've become so disenchanted with Mansfield that it's a genuine chore

If they play poorly again make sure you don’t boo as the players will be scared of “those nasty nasty men” having the audacity to show their displeasure :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Nobody is happy with our situation.I do feel that with a few tweaks we can be at least play-off contenders.Saturday will be a huge test.If we draw or win that game we will be in a better situation.Not convinced about JD,It is always risky getting a new manager.Be careful what you wish for.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:05 am

geoffhill wrote:Nobody is happy with our situation.I do feel that with a few tweaks we can be at least play-off contenders.Saturday will be a huge test.If we draw or win that game we will be in a better situation.Not convinced about JD,It is always risky getting a new manager.Be careful what you wish for.

Totally agree, the main tweak it our tactical style. Right now it's akin to telling Usain Bolt to win a 100m race but with his shoe laces tied together.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:18 am

last season DF has us on the tips of our toes. Every time we had an attack we genuinely thought it may lead to a goal. We had goals from all over the pitch, wingbacks actively getting involved in the play, players striving to help one another out.

This year resembles nothing of the sort. Not even remotely close. There is no game plan (apart from ride it out, so i suppose that is a game plan).

Maybe DF has the players over achieving?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum