{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DEMPSTER OUT

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DEMPSTER OUT

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:52 am

Jamie wrote:But how many fans are lost by essentially misleading us. How far doesn't the negativity go. If it continues things will just get uglier and uglier which will effect the team more and more.

The board are clueless if they think we can carry on like this. Only a very strong run of form or a change will turn the tide.

And looking at the attendances so far this season at home, no one has quit on us yet, they've been largely the same. Anger yes, but no financial drop off.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:54 am

Talk of going down is daft. It simply wont happen this year. We aren't the worst team and will continue to get a few points as we go. Certainly enough to stay up.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:12 am

The One wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:The facebook poll has been removed and not by the person who started it...

Wonder if this one will go?

Why would it? No rules broken.

We know in past previous stuff has been removed upon request of the club.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:19 am

wow whatever happened to freedom of speech ......on a non official fans site !!!!! really ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 am

I'm curious, why do we need to consolidate? Why is it Flitcroft fault? I'd blame the guy who managed 12th signing 18 million players (slight exaggeration ;))

The board have said that budgets haven't changed, so surely keep the guy who finished 4th rather than get rid of him.

It's plain as day. Demps won 3 youth titles in a row as manager of our youth team. There is some merit to that. However they were kids who have one aim to "make it as a pro" and attendances of 1-5% of our home gates. It's a new kettle of fish managing adults who have already "made it as a pro" in attendances of 4000 or so. I'm not saying Dempster had never experienced losing before but 3 league titles suggest there's not many. I barely attended any youth games but at no point did they set up camp in their own penalty area for large portions of the game.

It's not consolidation it's a huge backfire. Consolidation is keeping it the same and not progressing we've regressed and quite badly, in both results and performance levels. That's the pressing issue.

Had we consolidated under Flitcroft (ie results the same) this season we would have enough points and GD to be 2nd right now. Teams behind us will have a game in hand but that means little until they are played.. That's pretty damning in my view.

I'm usually the last person to turn my back on a manager. I'm usually the guy arguing that whoever is in charge should get more time. I did it for holdsworth, Russel, Cox and Murray I dug and dug for arguments for keeping them on. I literally cannot find a case compelling enough to think he is the right man. He's inherited one of the easiest jobs in professional football and can't manage it. He's got a settled squad that performed well last season and turned them into a hoof ball ultra defensive side
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:32 am

Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:45 am

He been sacked yet?

The board will read this

Even the most happiest of clappers have turned.

Sack now before its too late
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:00 am

It’s NOT Dempster fault.

THE BLAME LIES WITH THE BOARD
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:It’s NOT Dempster fault.

Ahhh, so JR is interfering, picking the team and tactics.
Another Eric Sykes comment from Eddy
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:09 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

You’re not that dense, Woody. The Board opted (wrongly) to:

A) sack Flitcroft, and
B) appoint a rookie replacement

.... and, I suspect, NOT IN THAT ORDER!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:21 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

A) sack Flitcroft, and

I agree partly with you Edders.

I’m not blaming JD for taking the job, we all would have a crack at it in his position. It’s getting obvious that he’s not up to the task and needs to be replaced, fingers will begin to point at the board the longer this goes on.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:28 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

A) sack Flitcroft, and

Same thoughts Edders, the board are the culprits but then again, it's their club to do with as they will but they should not expect the supporters to keep coming back for more garbage.

The gates will start to tumble immediately we are out of the FA Cup, that tournament is the supporters life line.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:41 am

i don’t think the board were wrong to sack Flip Flop at all, i think they were wrong to appoint JD
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:42 am

yorkshire stag wrote:i don’t think the board were wrong to sack Flip Flop at all, i think they were wrong to appoint JD

This.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:16 am

With the possible exception of our dear friend Carlton , in the 40 years I've been going, given the squad he has at his disposal , he's potentially the worst manager we've had . Incredible that he's still here . The owners rightly carry massive respect amongst the vast majority if fans , but this will affect that the longer this goes on . Either that , or as others have posted they should come out and clarify that our ambitions this season are simply to still be a league club at the end of it .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:25 am

Billy McEwan has the same record and Duncan Russell has a better record. Both managed us for a similar amount of time. Carlton Palmer so far has a better record (win% wise)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:30 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:i don’t think the board were wrong to sack Flip Flop at all, i think they were wrong to appoint JD

This.

Agreed. This has always been the case. Dempster as manager has effectively carried on the form we'd seen towards the end of last season (feb at Newport onwards). Flitcroft's catastrophic demise was well and truly hidden by early season form that propelled us up the table hence why some still clamour for his reappointment. The real reason for the failings this season equally steams from a summer of poor recruitment when only the forward issues where addressed ignoring the needs of Centre midfield.

In some ways I do sympathise with JD (doesn't change that he needs to go) but he's been stitched up like a kipper without guidance other than thinking bringing in new forwards and cover for Hayden White would solve the issues. I don't know how much he'd watched the first team last season but our form dropped as Bishop's leg gave way (didn't seem the same player after Carlisle away in January when he got sent off at half time) it was always going to be a stretch going into the season with a 38 year old central to our plans no matter how good some of his performances where last year. Big things where expected of Mini Bish i.e Tomlinson but he doesn't seem to be progressing as the natural replacement we thought he could be.

Failings in central midfield means the opposition can now run straight through and this in turn puts extra pressure on the defence, couple that with an inconsistent back line and no wonder our defence at times this season has gone from being solid as a rock to a leaking bucket.

The defensive and negative tactics deployed by Dempster is only further compounding matters and is the reason why he should quite rightly be dismissed, this is the area he can influence whilst the transfer window is shut by taking the game to teams but chooses not too hence why we are in the position we find ourselves of dull frustrating negative football devoid of any entertainment and fans wanting this failed experiment of promoting from within to end.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:37 am

Let's be realistic the Board quite rightly wants to give JD a 150% chance to make it. Mid table is the norm for Mansfield. After last season's success and the same players fans expectation are so much more.

With JR and CR out of the country most of the time and the likes of Steve Hymas taking a hands off approach it would be wrong for the board to sack JD on the demands of hyped up fans.

JD needs to accept his team choice, tactics and subbing have been poor but learn and progress. If not please go now.

The many of the players have individually been poor. None of the older professionals have set up to lead to team on the pitch.

If the fans and the players get behind JD we can easily make the play offs. The Board should set clear public targets to the end of March as the time to make the decision. Top 10 keep, 11 > 18 maybe and below he goes. That's fair to JD and should calm the fans down.

Let's be honest and open to stop the rubbish atmosphere at games.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby lifestags » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am

We are a very very average football team, it is absolutely awful. John Dempster has no idea what he is doing, he needs to go. The football on offer is absolutely atrocious.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:41 am

sunray wrote:Let's be realistic the Board quite rightly wants to give JD a 150% chance to make it. Mid table is the norm for Mansfield. After last season's success and the same players fans expectation are so much more.

With JR and CR out of the country most of the time and the likes of Steve Hymas taking a hands off approach it would be wrong for the board to sack JD on the demands of hyped up fans.

JD needs to accept his team choice, tactics and subbing have been poor but learn and progress. If not please go now.

The many of the players have individually been poor. None of the older professionals have set up to lead to team on the pitch.

If the fans and the players get behind JD we can easily make the play offs. The Board should set clear public targets to the end of March as the time to make the decision. Top 10 keep, 11 > 18 maybe and below he goes. That's fair to JD and should calm the fans down.

Ok Drewe
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:48 am

sunray wrote:Let's be realistic the Board quite rightly wants to give JD a 150% chance to make it. Mid table is the norm for Mansfield. After last season's success and the same players fans expectation are so much more.

Why are you advocating failure in sticking with a clueless hopeless defensive minded manager
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:24 pm

When Evans was here, he split opinion but we were going in the right direction, so all the talks was irrelevant because we could handle having an idiot in charge, the league made up for it.

The utter tripe we've seen this season is not only making the fans turn against the management, but also each other, and the board. A promotion tilt looks impossible.

It's tearing us apart.

What a horrible place to be.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Appalling decision to sack Flitcroft.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:37 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:When Evans was here, he split opinion but we were going in the right direction, so all the talks was irrelevant because we could handle having an idiot in charge, the league made up for it.

The utter tripe we've seen this season is not only making the fans turn against the management, but also each other, and the board. A promotion tilt looks impossible.

It's tearing us apart.

What exactly did the Scottish manager achieve at our club?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:When Evans was here, he split opinion but we were going in the right direction, so all the talks was irrelevant because we could handle having an idiot in charge, the league made up for it.

It's tearing us apart.

What exactly did the Scottish manager achieve at our club?

5th place spot one February and a massive wage bill.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum