{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Macclesfield scorefred sponsored by GAME WILL GO AHEAD

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Macclesfield scorefred sponsored by GAME WILL GO AHEAD

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:At least we don't have to suffer missing out on autos by 1 goal in the final game of the season again. Also at least we won't lose in the playoffs. We will be nowhere near either scenario.

Thank you Mystic Meg. :roll:

You do realise it's only November don't you?! :roll:

You are welcome.

You do realise that at this stage last season the team in 14th went on to finish 15th?

The top ten at this stage last season (18 game in) was:
MK Dons
Lincoln
Newport
Colchester
Mansfield
Exeter
Tranmere
Bury
Stevenage
Forest Green

Top ten at last seasons end:
Lincoln
Bury
MK Dons
Mansfield
Forest Green
Tranmere
Newport
Colchester
Exeter
Stevenage

It's the same clubs just a different order.

The season before that season, the team in 14th at this stage ended up..... 12th

I'm bored on a Sunday morning so let's compare the top 10s again, this time I'll list the top 10 after 18games but put in brackets the position they finished in (to keep post length down) :

1. Notts County (5th)
2. Luton (2nd)
3. Accrington (1st)
4. Exeter (4th)
5. Swindon (9th)
6. Wycombe (3rd)
7. Coventry (6th)
8. Mansfield (8th)
9. Newport (11th)
10. Lincoln (7th)

As an aside Carlisle finished in 10th that season and they were 11th after 18 games.

So yes I realise it is November and there's your proof that the league has largely taken shape by this point of the season.

What about when Exeter were in the relegation zone in November but ended up making the play offs. The point is no one knows what's going to happen.

That is true. Cox managed similar in his first 2 seasons here. There is nothing I have seen this season to suggest we are on the verge of a 2 points per game average run.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:54 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:At least we don't have to suffer missing out on autos by 1 goal in the final game of the season again. Also at least we won't lose in the playoffs. We will be nowhere near either scenario.

Thank you Mystic Meg. :roll:

You do realise it's only November don't you?! :roll:

You are welcome.

You do realise that at this stage last season the team in 14th went on to finish 15th?

The top ten at this stage last season (18 game in) was:
MK Dons
Lincoln
Newport
Colchester
Mansfield
Exeter
Tranmere
Bury
Stevenage
Forest Green

Top ten at last seasons end:
Lincoln
Bury
MK Dons
Mansfield
Forest Green
Tranmere
Newport
Colchester
Exeter
Stevenage

It's the same clubs just a different order.

The season before that season, the team in 14th at this stage ended up..... 12th

I'm bored on a Sunday morning so let's compare the top 10s again, this time I'll list the top 10 after 18games but put in brackets the position they finished in (to keep post length down) :

1. Notts County (5th)
2. Luton (2nd)
3. Accrington (1st)
4. Exeter (4th)
5. Swindon (9th)
6. Wycombe (3rd)
7. Coventry (6th)
8. Mansfield (8th)
9. Newport (11th)
10. Lincoln (7th)

As an aside Carlisle finished in 10th that season and they were 11th after 18 games.

So yes I realise it is November and there's your proof that the league has largely taken shape by this point of the season.

What about when Exeter were in the relegation zone in November but ended up making the play offs. The point is no one knows what's going to happen.

So delusional.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Delusional for stating a fact!? :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:25 pm

Dan wrote:Delusional for stating a fact!? :lol: :lol:

You can cherry pick an example for literally anything in football if you look hard enough, the point is that it’s unlikely.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:39 am

Anyway, although ForestTownstag got a point the jumbliness of getting the fred up on Tuesday didn't bode well and ultimately Saturday was Ross in the extreme. Should we let him loose with the Swindon fred or go to Sparta and knock on Spartacus's door as we're gonna need all the help we can get
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:04 am

Spiritater wrote:Anyway, although ForestTownstag got a point the jumbliness of getting the fred up on Tuesday didn't bode well and ultimately Saturday was Ross in the extreme. Should we let him loose with the Swindon fred or go to Sparta and knock on Spartacus's door as we're gonna need all the help we can get

I’m not confident ahead of Swindon, the threat of pitch forks from Spartacus also puts me off so I will leave it for this week.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:44 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Anyway, although ForestTownstag got a point the jumbliness of getting the fred up on Tuesday didn't bode well and ultimately Saturday was Ross in the extreme. Should we let him loose with the Swindon fred or go to Sparta and knock on Spartacus's door as we're gonna need all the help we can get

I’m not confident ahead of Swindon, the threat of pitch forks from Spartacus also puts me off so I will leave it for this week.

Wise move Spiro been dipping his torches in Esso Blue all weekend.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:57 pm

The One wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

Wise move Spiro been dipping his torches in Esso Blue all weekend.

Challenge accepted - thread will be up and running tomorrow. COYS!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum