{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Stev Hyman the Unofficial Director of Football?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Stev Hyman the Unofficial Director of Football?

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:49 am

I thought we had settled this - No, he isn’t.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Big yella wrote:And here lies the problem with telling everyone they are winners when they are kids.

Surely it’s the parents’ fault for telling them that ;)
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:55 pm

sunray wrote:On several topics there are references to Stev from being the person responsible for DF going and JD getting the job, the style of football we are playing etc.

What is the truth?

Personnally I would fully support him in mentoring a new manager like JD similiar to a Director of Football. But if that's the case JD is not listening.

You surely are kidding. What the hell qualifies him to mentor a manager apart from his money ?
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:07 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Then stop banging on about how we want promotion this season.

I think that is a valid point.

If we think it's right to give a fledgling manager a chance to prove himself, then fans need to lower their expectations of promotion this season. The club should also publicly lower their expectations.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:09 pm

There was a really good interview with the Wycombe manager on football focus today.
He explained the difficulty from going from player to manager and it's more about having a great relationship with the players. He's done extremely well for Wycombe but it took him time.
I always thought flitcroft had a good bond with his players.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:everything is bloody rosie, except the first team results, it’s that simple really int it !

i think we all know what’s in the best interests of the club, however only the board can make it happen

COYS

But you would sack everyone....and we don't all know . Its just a group of people on here who I guess are naturally negative about everything . I would guess from your posts and comments you have been massively successful in your personal life and aren't subject in your everyday life to the sort of bile you peddle on this board hidden behind a keyboard.

Am I correct ? ….thought not -)))))))))))))))))))) on point one and correct on point two

Just stop and think man ...would you say what you post face to face.

NO

I just get absolutely depressed by some of the incessant negativity on here

When people are positive they are derided as ' happy clappers ' but you can be negative to your hearts content.

This is a journey and when we go up we want to stay up (MK ).

When you look at what is going on around us we are in a great position

Please don't boo - these are relativity young men. Do you really think this will make things better - people and your like have already created a situation where home games are toxic

Big well done - that will really help

We would be happy to give a big well done if there was anything done at home to warrant it. One scrappy win against Scunny....played really well against Oldham...
And managed to scrape a one nil win against a team bottom of the Conference by playing defensively in the Cup.

The toxic atmosphere was created by the absurd appointment of a manager without credentials who has given us boring defensive displays at home generally lacking creativity and cohesion and resulting in defeats to Plymouth Colchester Orient and Cambridge. The fans have reacted to that not the other way round.
Thank you for confirming that a toxic atmosphere prevails at the One Call. Not all same minded fans as yourself accept there is.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:15 pm

chip63 wrote:There was a really good interview with the Wycombe manager on football focus today.
He explained the difficulty from going from player to manager and it's more about having a great relationship with the players. He's done extremely well for Wycombe but it took him time.

Most, but not all.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:18 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
chip63 wrote:There was a really good interview with the Wycombe manager on football focus today.

Most, but not all.

He couldn't offload them due to inflated wages and/or injurys. I'll take 4th with a clear pathway for youth teamers into a good passing football side over ultra defensive dross with the same underperforming players playing and anybody who dares get forwards and try and create an opening gets 15 minutes at the end.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:46 am

Ahhh, so it’s our fault we don’t play the youngsters because of the ‘toxic atmosphere’.

Trouble is at our club at the moment, there’s always someone else to blame.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:51 am

James wrote:Ahhh, so it’s our fault we don’t play the youngsters because of the ‘toxic atmosphere’.

The hundreds of Stags fans at Moss Rose yesterday were served up some of the most negative, uninspiring football by a group of players who seemed frightened to do anything other than defend deep. There were also a couple of our “darlings” that were clearly not “up for it”.

Despite all of this, the Stags fans were NOT “toxic”. However, our silence was deafening.

Just a word of advice for the young lad with the drum in the seated area: DONT!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:53 am

EdwinstoweStag:
Despite all of this, the Stags fans were NOT “toxic”. However, our silence was deafening.

In the words of Soledad O'Brien
There is nothing worse than doing nothing and saying nothing when your voice is needed.

Try getting behind your team and not criticizing others.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Big yella » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:58 am

sunray wrote:EdwinstoweStag:

There is nothing worse than doing nothing and saying nothing when your voice is needed.

Well that quote works both ways, our deeds and voices are needed to force the powers that be to make the necessary changes.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:59 am

James wrote:Ahhh, so it’s our fault we don’t play the youngsters because of the ‘toxic atmosphere’.

Ironic when you consider most wanted Smith to start yesterday
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:04 pm

sunray wrote:EdwinstoweStag:

Does spending an incalculable number of days travelling thousands of miles throughout the season, whilst investing a significant slice of my income watching the club I have supported since 1967, constitute “getting behind my team” ?

I reserve the right to criticise when I consider it to be appropriate (IMO, of course)

I am sorry to be so unreasonable, sunray.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum