{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is Stev Hyman the Unofficial Director of Football?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is Stev Hyman the Unofficial Director of Football?

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:59 pm

Thanks for the clarification Steve. You still haven't addressed whether Stev Hyman is is DoF or not..... :lol: or has he been broken? :getmecoat: :lol:

Good to get some rumours sorted either way. Keep trying, looks like the youth system may start to pay dividends. One piece of advice though, if you want it. Stop publically criticising current managers that what started all this because of previous comments on Flitcroft and Cox (probably what started the "falling out over Cox rumour")
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:57 pm

steve-hymas wrote:I don’t post on here much for obvious reasons but this post has made me chuckle .
Firstly the poster will know how to spell my name so it’s obviously someone that’s trying to insult me .
Secondly I left the club over monies owed to me by the club.Me and the chairman have remained friends throughout and I turned that money into shares in the club.End of that one .
I was asked by JR to expand the youth set up and over the last few years we have become one of the best set ups in the country since joining the EPPP system .We employ numerous coaches and have hundreds of kids play for us every week .To put things into prospective we have four under 18s sides alone .
Myself and JR decided to start a project for a new training facility which we have now completed called the Radford & Hymas Academy as it’s been built with our own funds through our company Mansfield Town Developments at a cost of £2.5 million .This is now enjoyed by hundreds of our young players all wearing MTFC colours.
As regards director of football .Not a chance .I have my opinions on managers and players alike but the team is picked by the manager .When we appoint a manager he is picked by the board.
As regards bringing youth through the first team ranks that would be fantastic but no manager has ever been forced to do so .At the moment it would be very difficult to do so given the toxic atmosphere around the place and they would be lambs to the slaughter so to speak .
At the moment John Dempster has my upmost respect as he was the academy manager that helped set up the whole system .But given that we always make decisions based on the best interests of the club so we will see how that goes.
So in a nutshell :
No .i am not director of football
No. I don’t pick the manager.
No .I don’t pick the team
No.we don’t force youth players on the manager.
Yes .I am a director
Yes .we own the training facility
Yes .I help develop the youth system
Yes .I would like to see more youth players developed
Yes .Our youth system has a 5 year development plan
I will not be answering any questions on this post as my forthright nature sometimes gets the better of me :coys:

Told you just had to ask. If we had asked sooner just think of all the repetitive strain injuries we would have avoided.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:27 pm

As always Steve shoots from the hip and cant argue with any of that
Plain simple and believable facts.

Wish he had been in charge of Brexit we would have known what was going on from the start !!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:43 pm

tillydog123 wrote:As always Steve shoots from the hip and cant argue with any of that

Wish he had been in charge of Brexit we would have known what was going on from the start !!!

What an awful thought.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

You’re doing a great job Steve. This club is so much better off now it’s unthinkable how bad it actually was.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:57 pm

tillydog123 wrote:As always Steve shoots from the hip and cant argue with any of that

What a kiss arse. :lol:
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:59 pm

everything is bloody rosie, except the first team results, it’s that simple really int it !

i think we all know what’s in the best interests of the club, however only the board can make it happen

COYS
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby eggy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:28 pm

Are we sure SH and JR ‘remained friends throughout’? I remember some of the Facebook posts :lol:
eggy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:21 pm

eggy wrote:Are we sure SH and JR ‘remained friends throughout’? I remember some of the Facebook posts :lol:

But he didn't mention Caroline in that friends statement...

DOH Another own GOAL by Mr Hymas
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks Steve for putting the record straight.

I hope the youth system benefits the first team in the future.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:37 pm

however you dress it up or respect mr dempster steve......it was a poor decision giving him the nod in the first place and it does appear you played a big part in his appointment.
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:47 pm

hucknallstag wrote:however you dress it up or respect mr dempster steve......it was a poor decision giving him the nod in the first place and it does appear you played a big part in his appointment.

No sheet sherlock we already know it was a majority board decision.

The only person with a bigger say than him on this decision would of been JR.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:50 pm

and still.....it was the wrong one,just sayin
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:everything is bloody rosie, except the first team results, it’s that simple really int it !

i think we all know what’s in the best interests of the club, however only the board can make it happen

COYS

But you would sack everyone....and we don't all know . Its just a group of people on here who I guess are naturally negative about everything . I would guess from your posts and comments you have been massively successful in your personal life and aren't subject in your everyday life to the sort of bile you peddle on this board hidden behind a keyboard.

Am I correct ? ….thought not -)))))))))))))))))))) on point one and correct on point two

Just stop and think man ...would you say what you post face to face.

NO

I just get absolutely depressed by some of the incessant negativity on here

When people are positive they are derided as ' happy clappers ' but you can be negative to your hearts content.

This is a journey and when we go up we want to stay up (MK ).

When you look at what is going on around us we are in a great position

Please don't boo - these are relativity young men. Do you really think this will make things better - people and your like have already created a situation where home games are toxic

Big well done - that will really help
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:14 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:everything is bloody rosie, except the first team results, it’s that simple really int it !

COYS

But you would sack everyone....and we don't all know . Its just a group of people on here who I guess are naturally negative about everything . I would guess from your posts and comments you have been massively successful in your personal life and aren't subject in your everyday life to the sort of bile you peddle on this board hidden behind a keyboard.

Am I correct ? ….thought not -)))))))))))))))))))) on point one and correct on point two

NO

When people are positive they are derided as ' happy clappers ' but you can be negative to your hearts content.

Please don't boo - these are relativity young men. Do you really think this will make things better - people and your like have already created a situation where home games are toxic

We would be happy to give a big well done if there was anything done at home to warrant it. One scrappy win against Scunny....played really well against Oldham...
And managed to scrape a one nil win against a team bottom of the Conference by playing defensively in the Cup.

The toxic atmosphere was created by the absurd appointment of a manager without credentials who has given us boring defensive displays at home generally lacking creativity and cohesion and resulting in defeats to Plymouth Colchester Orient and Cambridge. The fans have reacted to that not the other way round.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:32 pm

yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

What are you babbling on about now man, god the cold winter nights must fly by in your house!

would i say what to who’s face?, make sense, you been the stout tonight fella ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:26 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

What are you babbling on about now man, god the cold winter nights must fly by in your house!

yorkstag 2 - 0 yorkshire stag
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:59 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

yorkstag 2 - 0 yorkshire stag

please explain ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:16 pm

But when people call it out differently, they are derided as negative. The coin has two sides.

I think Yorkshire is more than entitled to his opinion regarding Dempster and his underperforming team. We're 17 games into the league campaign and good performances have been few and far between.

Comparisons to Flitcroft aside, and ignoring the 'who said what and when' bickering, Dempster is lucky to be in a job. Just look at Carlisle, Orient, and Grimsby. Thresholds have clearly been passed.

Though for some reason, JR and SH believe that JD is the right man, hence why he is still in his post.

For me and many others, he's not the right man and needs a drastic upturn in form to persuade me otherwise.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:41 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Though for some reason, JR and SH believe that JD is the right man, hence why he is still in his post.

For me and many others, he's not the right man and needs a drastic upturn in form to persuade me otherwise.

Maybe they think sacking someone who has only had 17, yes SEVENTEEN league matches in his entire managerial career deserves to be given a chance?!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:00 pm

Then stop banging on about how we want promotion this season.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:06 am

yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

Bish just concentrate on playing football n when you retire you can look back n remember the season you n your team mates let Mansfield Town supporters down from February 2019....

one point just one point n you failed......

Shove that on your ... CV
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:16 am

SINA STAG wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

Bish just concentrate on playing football n when you retire you can look back n remember the season you n your team mates let Mansfield Town supporters down from February 2019....

Petulant and harsh, SINA. Very harsh.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:21 am

SINA STAG wrote:
yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

Suggest you read the site rules
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:39 am

yorkstag wrote:

COYS

NO

And here lies the problem with telling everyone they are winners when they are kids. We have a bunch of primary donnas who have never been told that they’ve failed.

Boo hoo! Please don’t boo me, Mummy told me I’m a winner.
Boo hoo! Please don’t boo me, teacher told me I’m a winner.
Boo hoo! Please don’t boo me, coach told me I’m a winner.

What have you won?

Boo hoo! Well nothing, but what does that matter, we’re all winners.

If you’d booed Kev Bird he would have cleared it off his own line, followed the play up field, received it in midfield, passed to Jimmy Mac and been waiting in the box to thunder a header into the top corner, then turned round and salt and peppered you ready for his post match snack.

They are pro footballers if they can’t handle a boo when they deserve one, it’s time to quit.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum