{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mystic Meg

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mystic Meg

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:53 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:

Beano wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Not really sure what point you were trying to make there Dan :lol:

:lol: :lol:

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Now who's laughing :lol: :D

I wasn't sticking up for Flitcroft at any point, but your point made no sense. You chose both the beginning of Flitcroft's reign, where he blew promotion/play-offs and it was 50/50 whether he kept his job, or the end of his reign where he also blew promotion/play-offs and again it was 50/50 whether to stick or twist. Neither spells were good enough, yet you seem to be indicating that because Dempster is producing equally unacceptable form then he is in the same bracket as Flitcroft. Madness.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I give up.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:54 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote: :lol: :lol: stick to photography at Meadow Lane, you ain't got a scooby either

The FACTS are what I am posting, not an opinion like you are. ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 pm

At least for the most part the football under Flitcroft was enjoyable and thrilling until we went off the boil after Notts County away Dan.

Your apology of a manager has somehow scraped wins against teams below us whilst boring us to death in the process and trying to convince us he knows what he's doing by instigating something the Forum pointed out.

He was clueless absolutely clueless against Chorley. We were at home against a team a whole division below us with one win in 20 and he put a defensive team out. When it was crying out for a change he took 20 minutes too long to make the Wrong substitutions again.

When their manager was motivating them in breaks of play who was the one furthest from ours behind everyone else ??? The girl with the drinks was more animated than the cardboard cutout of a manager who was pleased with a one nil win against Chorley fgs.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Dan wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Dan wrote:

Beano wrote:

:lol: :lol:

David Flitcrofts first 17 league games yielded 19 points.
John Dempsters first 17 league games have yielded 20 points.

Now who's laughing :lol: :D

I wasn't sticking up for Flitcroft at any point, but your point made no sense. You chose both the beginning of Flitcroft's reign, where he blew promotion/play-offs and it was 50/50 whether he kept his job, or the end of his reign where he also blew promotion/play-offs and again it was 50/50 whether to stick or twist. Neither spells were good enough, yet you seem to be indicating that because Dempster is producing equally unacceptable form then he is in the same bracket as Flitcroft. Madness.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I give up.

You’re not the only one! You haven’t given a single genuine reason as to why he is a good manager, other than comparing his failings to another managers downfalls. Hardly a great measure of success is it?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:55 pm

Ok, post JDs win percentage and we'll take it from there
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby robbingdog » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:01 pm

He’s opened a whole can of worms here hasn’t he. I think it just
shows the whole apathy that we all have towards the crap that
JD is actually turning out.

It’s really sad it’s come to this, supporters falling out, management falling out with supporters
, players falling out with supporters, supporters blaming the board

What a mess we have turned into.

There is only one thing which will change the whole atmosphere and sadly,
we all know ( apart from the bury your head in the sanders) what that is.
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:08 pm

robbingdog wrote:He’s opened a whole can of worms here hasn’t he. I think it just

It’s really sad it’s come to this, supporters falling out, management falling out with supporters

It’s pretty much impossible for a manager to come back from a situation like this and be a genuine success. In fact I can’t remember an example of any manager that 80% of fans at least wanted out and won promotion with that same club in the same stint? (I’m sure someone will come up with one, but it’s rare nonetheless).
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:09 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:At least for the most part the football under Flitcroft was enjoyable and thrilling until we went off the boil after Notts County away Dan.

Your apology of a manager has somehow scraped wins against teams below us whilst boring us to death in the process and trying to convince us he knows what he's doing by instigating something the Forum pointed out.

He was clueless absolutely clueless against Chorley. We were at home against a team a whole division below us with one win in 20 and he put a defensive team out. When it was crying out for a change he took 20 minutes too long to make the Wrong substitutions again.

When their manager was motivating them in breaks of play who was the one furthest from ours behind everyone else ??? The girl with the drinks was more animated than the cardboard cutout of a manager who was pleased with a one nil win against Chorley fgs.

Wow. I'm done.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
robbingdog wrote:He’s opened a whole can of worms here hasn’t he. I think it just

It’s pretty much impossible for a manager to come back from a situation like this and be a genuine success. In fact I can’t remember an example of any manager that 80% of fans at least wanted out and won promotion with that same club in the same stint? (I’m sure someone will come up with one, but it’s rare nonetheless).

Cox Nov 2012 post Dartford, Slough and Nuneaton.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:49 pm

You can't compare Flitcrofts failure to get us over the line when Evans left while comparing JDs first 17 games.

It's not apples and apples. You need to compare now with this time last year.

The difference is chalk and cheese Dan.

Flabbogasted you even try to.defend JD under current circumstances. It's turgid and directionless.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.

I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.

Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.

He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.

Don't get it twisted, people assume we were nailed on certs for promotion when Evans was here that is impossible to say either way. The guy managed 12th in the table in his only season finish here, which is unacceptable for his remit of promotion (that's what he was brought here for, remember). He left us in fifth, is top 5 automatics? You seem to think we were nailed on promotion when he left. I thought it was still top 3 go up for certain. I must have missed that news story.

you want to deal in FACTS? Fine. Evans left us with some tough games coming up and with 2 games in hand, 2 games in hand doesn't automatically mean 6 points (just in case you weren't aware). As a result of the little merry go round all 3 sides involved all were chasing promotion and all suffered a loss in form. It wasn't just us that suffered that fate. Also, at Christmas Evan managed to get us to a lofty 9th, his remit was promotion after all, he was failing at this point. Flitcroft was 5th (not quite promotion still but Evans the Messiah left us in the same position and is blameless in how that season end. Speaking of that, that season Flitcroft had no say in personnel, he had to work with what he got, he tried to keep it the same but I think it's safe to say Flitcroft and Evans are very different managers in nearly every way.

Like him or loathe him Dan, Flitcroft is the best manager we have had (league 2 finish wise) since Dearden/Watkiss in 01/02. Our league position each season end will prove that.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm

I know whose team I'd rather watch.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:27 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Dan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Dan, the results are rubbish as well as the performances. You are flogging a dead horse. There’s no grounds to be saying he’s a good manager... not at the minute anyway. He’s achieved nothing and we’re underperforming.

I'm just putting stats and facts out there. People are still kissing double failure Flitcrofts arse yet his record wasn't much better in the latter stages & was worse in his first 17 games than what Dempsters are, yet people won't give him a chance to even settle into the job. It's ridiculous.

Double failure? If you really attribute a whole season to his first 12 or so games then he's guided us to our highest position in league 2 for over 10 years and then followed it up with our highest finish since 2002, whilst hamstrung with highly paid players he didn't want.

That doesn't seem like failure to me. Just short sightedness and impatience from some.

He took us from being in a promotion/play off place into 8th position in his first 12 games! That was failure.

Then last season he bottled it once again. He's a serial bottler. And he had THE biggest budget ever given to a Mansfield Town manager.

Don't get it twisted, people assume we were nailed on certs for promotion when Evans was here that is impossible to say either way. The guy managed 12th in the table in his only season finish here, which is unacceptable for his remit of promotion (that's what he was brought here for, remember). He left us in fifth, is top 5 automatics? You seem to think we were nailed on promotion when he left. I thought it was still top 3 go up for certain. I must have missed that news story.

you want to deal in FACTS? Fine. Evans left us with some tough games coming up and with 2 games in hand, 2 games in hand doesn't automatically mean 6 points (just in case you weren't aware). As a result of the little merry go round all 3 sides involved all were chasing promotion and all suffered a loss in form. It wasn't just us that suffered that fate. Also, at Christmas Evan managed to get us to a lofty 9th, his remit was promotion after all, he was failing at this point. Flitcroft was 5th (not quite promotion still but Evans the Messiah left us in the same position and is blameless in how that season end. Speaking of that, that season Flitcroft had no say in personnel, he had to work with what he got, he tried to keep it the same but I think it's safe to say Flitcroft and Evans are very different managers in nearly every way.

Like him or loathe him Dan, Flitcroft is the best manager we have had (league 2 finish wise) since Dearden/Watkiss in 01/02. Our league position each season end will prove that.

Flitcroft’s sacking was WRONG. Very wrong.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:57 am

It’s really simple for me:
Flitcroft failed twice and was sacked. Felt right to me.

Dempster. Struggling to get there. Radfords are giving him some time as a new manager, come their assessment point they will have a decision to make. The most vocal fans want him gone, my view is if he can’t turn the home form round it won’t be long.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:17 am

common sense prevails
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:52 am

So that's it then? Common sense is each manager has 1 season with a few of his own signings to get us up or they're sacked? Is that really common sense?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:00 am

gazza1988 wrote:So that's it then? Common sense is each manager has 1 season with a few of his own signings to get us up or they're sacked? Is that really common sense?

The issue is, with previous managers - we had tactics, a style, some form of plan and direction, which arguably divided the fans on sacking decisions etc. Currently - we have nothing of the sort. How long do you give a team reliant on hope?
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:39 am

Dan is basing Dempster being a good manager on two home games where we lost 3-2 and 4-0.

Dempster's budget is just as much as Flitcrofts I'm sure and we aren't going to get anywhere near the play offs. I'm afraid the two managers are world's apart.

Dan is probably going off on one and making himself look silly as Bishop has come out and spoke about our fans this week. Bishop and Dan are closet Notts County fans.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:42 am

Chander Lear wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:So that's it then? Common sense is each manager has 1 season with a few of his own signings to get us up or they're sacked? Is that really common sense?

The issue is, with previous managers - we had tactics, a style, some form of plan and direction, which arguably divided the fans on sacking decisions etc. Currently - we have nothing of the sort. How long do you give a team reliant on hope?

Preaching to the choir with me bud. My point was in relation to the above posters who thinks it was common sense to get rid of DF because he didn't get us promoted in his first full season.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:46 am

Stoney wrote:Dan is basing Dempster being a good manager on two home games where we lost 3-2 and 4-0.

Dempster's budget is just as much as Flitcrofts I'm sure and we aren't going to get anywhere near the play offs. I'm afraid the two managers are world's apart.

Dan is probably going off on one and making himself look silly as Bishop has come out and spoke about our fans this week. Bishop and Dan are closet Notts County fans.

Made yourself look a bit of a dick with that post mate. Even if we were it's nothing to do with the points we're making. Silly boy. I expected more from you than that. :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Decision has to be made soon before another transfer window comes and goes
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:04 pm

this is the only time since the Radford’s took over i’m questioning the decision making, everyone makes mistakes however it’s how quick you learn from them that counts, this has been dragging on far far to long !

we will soon start to lose the fans that the club worked so hard to get back, act now whilst a couple of quality league two managers with promotion are available, life & opportunities are about timing & the time for change is now !
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Nowt will happen yorkie. He should after gone after Cambridge game.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:12 pm

Please can we not lose sight of the fact that (a) we may still be paying DF in some form (assuming he was on a one or two year contract) (b) we would have to continue paying JD (even if he went back to Youth Team which of course he could refuse and I assume he is on higher wages) and (c) we would have to pay the new guy too.
I don’t think JD’s the right guy, and it’s all right for us to say we want a new manager, but perhaps JR is thinking he might want to run down the rest of DF’s payments (assuming we are still paying him, I don’t know) and see out at least some of the balance of JD’s contract, rather than paying all 3 of them at once.
We pay our money (much less than JR I suspect) and we make our choice and he might be thinking the same thing too.
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:17 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:Please can we not lose sight of the fact that (a) we may still be paying DF in some form (assuming he was on a one or two year contract) (b) we would have to continue paying JD (even if he went back to Youth Team which of course he could refuse and I assume he is on higher wages) and (c) we would have to pay the new guy too.
I don’t think JD’s the right guy, and it’s all right for us to say we want a new manager, but perhaps JR is thinking he might want to run down the rest of DF’s payments (assuming we are still paying him, I don’t know) and see out at least some of the balance of JD’s contract, rather than paying all 3 of them at once.
We pay our money (much less than JR I suspect) and we make our choice and he might be thinking the same thing too.

Just think of the financial wisdom of JR NOT sacking DF !
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum