{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bishop speaks out over fans’ abuse at home

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:23 am

I think a lot of people are missing the point (as usual on here). Bish can handle the stick, it's the younger players (our future) who he was talking about. Sounds to me like he was being the experienced pro that he is & urging fans not to kill the youngsters careers before they've even started. Those of us old enough to remember players like Alister Asher who had a big future ahead of him until our 'fans' got hold of him will understand where Bish is coming from.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:49 pm

Dan wrote:I think a lot of people are missing the point (as usual on here). Bish can handle the stick, it's the younger players (our future) who he was talking about. Sounds to me like he was being the experienced pro that he is & urging fans not to kill the youngsters careers before they've even started. Those of us old enough to remember players like Alister Asher who had a big future ahead of him until our 'fans' got hold of him will understand where Bish is coming from.

It may be my poor memory and please forgive me if I am wrong but I thought Alistair had a particularly bad leg break and that is what effectively finished him.
Last edited by Sandy Pate Best Stag on Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:49 pm

The Bish thing is an indication of a very widespread frustration at the club currently from JR CR Hymas the Players and Board and downwards to the supporters...well the loyal well meaning ones!!

Things don't seem right and not sure what action is required to settle it all down but a change of manager might be a decent starting point if things don't improve next 3 to 4 weeks and can only see this as a way to re charge the batteries for Stags.

Teresa May had to go and Boris hate him or love him HAS re energised things somewhat.

Dempster is like many people in their mid thirties who are very set in their ways who just can't change how they are and how they operate.

We have handled slumps and frustrations before especially in the squalid mud pit of of the Conference but this is way way different.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:59 pm

tillydog123 wrote:The Bish thing is an indication of a very widespread frustration at the club currently from JR CR Hymas the Players and Board and downwards to the supporters...well the loyal well meaning ones!!

Things don't seem right and not sure what action is required to settle it all down but a change of manager might be a decent starting point if things don't improve next 3 to 4 weeks and can only see this as a way to re charge the batteries for Stags.

Teresa May had to go and Boris hate him or love him HAS re energised things somewhat.

Dempster is like many people in their mid thirties who are very set in their ways who just can't change how they are and how they operate.

We have handled slumps and frustrations before especially in the squalid mud pit of of the Conference but this is way way different.

Good post. This malaise started before a ball was kicked in anger.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:48 pm

Something clearly needs to change.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:53 pm

Conker wrote:Something clearly needs to change.

Trouble is we've all seen that and have done for weeks but the only people who can make the change are sitting on their hands
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Trouble is we've all seen that and have done for weeks but the only people who can make the change are sitting on their hands

with fingers in their ears sadly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:40 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:Seems there is now an undercurrent of them and us.

Only the Radfords can sort this out now because under this management structure its now seemingly siege mentality and is that what the owners want the club to become.

No you and people like you can sort it out
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Amberheart wrote:All this players v fans & booing will only benefit the opposition & give Spiresh*ites & County fans a laugh

Good post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:56 pm

Dan wrote:I think a lot of people are missing the point (as usual on here). Bish can handle the stick, it's the younger players (our future) who he was talking about. Sounds to me like he was being the experienced pro that he is & urging fans not to kill the youngsters careers before they've even started. Those of us old enough to remember players like Alister Asher who had a big future ahead of him until our 'fans' got hold of him will understand where Bish is coming from.

Great post but Bish is right ... booing is not supporting. Some of the behaviour at the moment is shameful
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:23 pm

The players and management need to stop crying about the fans and sort out the performances at home.

Saturday was unbearably bad, hopefully a more positive line up will help.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:50 am

It doesn’t help the players or management when you have a so called “fan” say this about the team, via twitter.

https://twitter.com/92_jackrich/status/ ... 90432?s=21
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:11 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:It doesn’t help the players or management when you have a so called “fan” say this about the team, via twitter.

'Paul it was tweeted as a joke, as if i would want us to lose a game of football. No I wasn’t there last night, I will be at Macclesfield on Saturday though.'
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:21 am

Given that the fans are apparently to blame (rather the the dreadful tactics and form of players) I look forward to the next 3 games being away and us being unbeaten in all 3.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:27 am

Follow the lead from our away following.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:37 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:It doesn’t help the players or management when you have a so called “fan” say this about the team, via twitter.

That Jack Richardson is a proper helmet ;)
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:56 am

adamstag wrote:Given that the fans are apparently to blame (rather the the dreadful tactics and form of players) I look forward to the next 3 games being away and us being unbeaten in all 3.

I think the team do too.
Away form this season is good, only lost 2 matches in all competitions and unbeaten in two months.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:25 am

Chander Lear wrote:

That Jack Richardson is a proper helmet ;)

Thanks mate :lol:

This was clearly a sarcastic tweet which Drewe has taken completely the wrong way.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:27 am

This was a sarcastic tweet, I’d never want the team to lose a match in whatever competition we play in.

Drewe has taken it totally out of context
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

This was a sarcastic tweet, I’d never want the team to lose a match in whatever competition we play in.

No surprise he’s taken the opportunity to jump on a fan that to me was clearly just joking about our poor form this season, considering his (Drewe’s) tweets since the Chorley game. How many people will have joked to their mates that we’ll probably still end up losing when talking about Macclesfields situation for the weekend? I’d imagine quite a lot! It’s like he’s been waiting for it.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:

I've no interest in taking sides in this. But, you've repeatedly called for Dempster to be sacked on twitter. So then when you put "Dempster OUT", with out in capital letters, you can't really say that Drewe Broughton has taken it totally out of context.

From reading your posts over time, there is no doubt that you don't want the side to lose in any circumstances. No disagreement over that. However there are others who have plainly stated that they wanted us to lose to hasten the departure of Dempster, (we've all seen the posts which leave a nasty taste in my mouth), so it's not a wild mistake for Drewe Broughton to misinterpret that bit of the tweet.

Anyway, probably best just to move on.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:04 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

I've no interest in taking sides in this. But, you've repeatedly called for Dempster to be sacked on twitter. So then when you put "Dempster OUT", with out in capital letters, you can't really say that Drewe Broughton has taken it totally out of context.

From reading your posts over time, there is no doubt that you don't want the side to lose in any circumstances. No disagreement over that. However there are others who have plainly stated that they wanted us to lose to hasten the departure of Dempster, (we've all seen the posts which leave a nasty taste in my mouth), so it's not a wild mistake for Drewe Broughton to misinterpret that bit of the tweet.

Anyway, probably best just to move on.

Glad you aren’t tarnishing me with the “I want us to lose so JD is sacked”. I want him to succeed, he’s a nice guy and deserves a chance, it doesn’t mean I think he’s the right man for the job.

My post on Twitter was sarcastic, I should have added a wink face or something to ensure it came across like that as it’s been taken completely the wrong way by Drewe and a few others.

Apologies to those who have taken it seriously, to clear it up I will be at Macclesfield on Saturday cheering us on to hopefully 3 points.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Glad you aren’t tarnishing me with the “I want us to lose so JD is sacked”. I want him to succeed, he’s a nice guy and deserves a chance, it doesn’t mean I think he’s the right man for the job.

and that's absolutely fair enough.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chadman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:33 pm

Booing your team after a win? Is that support? It's certainly causing a stir - and rightly so.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... 1-10101381
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:43 pm

Chadman wrote:Booing your team after a win? Is that support? It's certainly causing a stir - and rightly so.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/l ... 1-10101381

So much of a stir you've posted the same article 3 times on facebook in 2 days
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum