{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carolyn Q&A on instagram

Postby london amber stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:07 am

I couldn't bear to see those two imploding on the touchline again. We will be a laughing stock all over again. His bullying tactics are so embarrassing and there is no doubt that he would be off again as soon as a better offer arrives. Steve Evans only cares about Steve Evans. He is not what we need at this present moment in time, we need someone to engage with both the players and fans to stop this toxic atmosphere. I cannot believe they are even talking to him after his sudden departure two seasons ago.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:08 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:I would prefer JD over Evans - Atleast one is a decent guy trying to do his best for the club.

I have never met JD and hear from those who have that he is a good guy. My view of him from his interviews is that he likes to blame others for problems but take credit when things go well.

I also feel that the club isn't in a position to fail under a nice guy. There has been a lot of investment at rates that cleat aren't sustainable for a struggling L2 club.
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:22 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:I would prefer JD over Evans - Atleast one is a decent guy trying to do his best for the club.

I have never met JD and hear from those who have that he is a good guy. My view of him from his interviews is that he likes to blame others for problems but take credit when things go well.

I also feel that the club isn't in a position to fail under a nice guy. There has been a lot of investment at rates that cleat aren't sustainable for a struggling L2 club.

Can the club afford to fail under Evans again though?
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:24 am

This must be a total wind up (which is not a clever thing to do).

Evans has done absolutely nothing for a number of years now. He failed at Leeds and got the sack. He came to us and jumped ship before achieving the objective. He went to Peterborough and achieved the sack. He's at Gillingham and is achieving nothing and looks likely to be sacked again.

Add in the factor of the new rules around touch line behaviour and I fail to see what this despicable man has to offer any football club never mind one that he has chesterfielded on from a great height.

Carolyn is not stupid but does a pretty good job when it comes to wind ups. She knows what would upset the fans and in my opinion has chosen to release this to point score on social media.
In respect of who would be best for the club, l would rather keep JD than have Fatty Arbuckle back.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:29 am

We can't afford to fail under anyone.

Some will never agree but we had the right man and got rid of him in May. I would love us to get Jones or Tisdale but both would probably be expensive and might see the job as a longer term project (which I would be happy with)

The Radford's however have grown impatient and now want quick success and it looks like they are considering Evans, which makes this a really simple question.

Who is most likely to deliver promotion in the next 2 seasons, Evans or Dempster?
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 am

kevin kents tasce wrote:I'm going to be objective about this.

1. Was Evanss doing a decent job? Yes
2. Can I blame him for taking a job at a bigger club with good backing and in a higher division, which also happened to be on his door step? No
3. Was the constant abuse he got from some fans acceptable? No
4. Do I think the tricks he played to leave were outrageous and disgusting? Yes
5. Would he give us a good chance of promotion in the next 2 seasons? Probably Yes
6. Would he be better than JD? Yes
7. Is Flitcroft available instead? Probably no

All things considered I think I could suck it in and take Evans back. Would prefer Jones or Tisdale though.

Agree with much of this. John, Carolyn and Evans could well have had a brilliant working relationship before he jumped ship. It was handled poorly, but like you say at the end of the day he wanted a job on his doorstep for more money. In terms of the results here like it or not, he was delivering and we were on a roll.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 am

Could he be advising on the next appointment given the lowly success rate on managers ? Evans certainly has the front to come back, would I take him over dempster ... yes .... do I want him back ? Not really
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:58 am

Instagram story now deleted.

I did wonder whether it was Broughton, but if so why delete?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:01 am

BH_Stag wrote:Instagram story now deleted.

I did wonder whether it was Broughton, but if so why delete?

Never Broughton.

Watched it numerous times now and I’m certain it’s Evans.

Begs the question, why would they go for a social drink with him? Why would they potentially fly in from Portugal to have a drink with him?
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:05 am

do you really think Evans is going to come back? Not a chance.

Like someone else said, this is CR winding the fans up.

Maybe if our CEO started acting a little more responsibly, instead of using social media for her cryptic clues and actually released a press statement saying she either backs JD (please no) or sacks him ( please yes).

After doing a great job building her credibility up, she is fast losing it. Which is pretty much the same as the club has done.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby mansfieldarmy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:06 am

let me say this i know 10000000% evans is coming back you'll all see in due course
mansfieldarmy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby kevin kents tasce » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:10 am

Mansfield Army - have you had an apology from Martin yet? You were demanding one after we signed James Hanson last summer
Everything Is Borrowed
kevin kents tasce
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 am

You never know ,but if they were thinking of bringing him back ,i would think it would be a watertight contract ,preventing him just buggering off again .I dont think carolyns on a wind up either mind you some of the stick given out on here by some ,and now to hear them bleating about it ,if it is a wind up is priceless.
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby mansfieldarmy » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:11 am

just you wait and see
mansfieldarmy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:16 am

That's Paul Broughton.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 am

mansfieldarmy wrote:just you wait and see

I've been saying it for weeks Mansfield Army I'm glad you are in the know as well....

Let's have a catch up soon.....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:17 am

Evans drinking in a pub with the Radford’s presumably somewhere near Mansfield, which is of course very far away from Gillingham on a Tuesday evening, is pretty damming. It can only mean one thing.

I think the Radford’s and Evans liked each other a lot. Remember how much Evans would constantly say in his interviews how good of a job John and Carolyn were doing? He constantly thanked them in the media at every opportunity.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:20 am

SINA STAG wrote:
mansfieldarmy wrote:just you wait and see

I've been saying it for weeks Mansfield Army I'm glad you are in the know as well....

Let's have a catch up soon.....

No you have not, you have been spouting Jones rubbish.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:21 am

Captain Cunno wrote:That's Paul Broughton.

There’d be no reason to delete if it was though surely
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

Captain Cunno wrote:That's Paul Broughton.

its definitely Evan's I have been sad enough to pause it on the link on here.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsFan83 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:23 am

It looked like Billy Bullchit aka fat Paul Broughton to me. Having said that, the only thing I didn’t like about Evans was the way he disappeared, if he apologises, gets us up this season, then I’m happy.
StagsFan83
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

If Evans were to return it would have to be after eating a considerable amount of humble pie. We know Evans likes eating but wouldn't imagine humble pie being on his menu.

He's not coming back
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Brough » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:27 am

He’s got to resign at Gillingham first!
Brough
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 am

It's a wind up using old footage.

How do we know it was filmed last night?

This is not a clever thing to do and shows total immaturity in my eyes. That said some of the Warriors on here probably deserve it but it's not fair on the rest.

To me this says that JD is staying until at least Christmas and probably to the end of the season. Even Carolyn has more taste than to publish this and then sack him anyway.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:31 am

Cleveland_Stag wrote:Evans drinking in a pub with the Radford’s presumably somewhere near Mansfield, which is of course very far away from Gillingham on a Tuesday evening, is pretty damming. It can only mean one thing.

I think the Radford’s and Evans liked each other a lot. Remember how much Evans would constantly say in his interviews how good of a job John and Carolyn were doing? He constantly thanked them in the media at every opportunity.

He wont have travelled from Gillingham mate, he still live Pboro, that place a 1000 miles down the A1
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum