{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm

Phone in with John Dempster.
There you go, fire in your questions!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Re: Radio Mansfield, Friday night....

Postby Jamie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm

What's the point. He wont change anything based on a few fans opinions. And rightly so, the manager should always do what they feel is best.

Most likely this will end up being and handful of happy clappers telling him they're right behind him and he's doing a great job.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby hucknallstag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:46 pm

didn't murray have a meet and greet with the fans shortly before he was sacked?
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Billy the fish » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:57 pm

Be lucky to get 2200 in for Saturdays cup game which is a game where realistically you’d probably want to play some of the squad /fringe players but JD knows he can’t now lose this one .
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Hope hes gone before the show
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby spainmick » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:07 pm

At times it embarrassing to read what some of you write about John Dempster....I am sure he will listen to what numpties like Jamie and others have to say..if they were good at managing a football they would be employed as a nmaager but they are not
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:16 pm

spainmick wrote:At times it embarrassing to read what some of you write about John Dempster....I am sure he will listen to what numpties like Jamie and others have to say..if they were good at managing a football they would be employed as a nmaager but they are not

Not as embarrassing as our dismal home record and league position with a top 3 budget.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby WVStag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Jamie wrote:What's the point. He wont change anything based on a few fans opinions. And rightly so, the manager should always do what they feel is best.

Most likely this will end up being and handful of happy clappers telling him they're right behind him and he's doing a great job.

That is exactly what's going to happen.

That said, I don't want to see the opposite, where mindless numpties phone up just to have a pop. I would however love to see fans who have a good level of football comprehension to call and challenge the dire showings of this seasons performances, and ask some searching questions.
WVStag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Is this actually a live phone in where fans can speak directly to Dempster, or is it Mansfield radio phoning Dempster and they might read out a few questions?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:09 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
spainmick wrote:At times it embarrassing to read what some of you write about John Dempster....I am sure he will listen to what numpties like Jamie and others have to say..if they were good at managing a football they would be employed as a nmaager but they

Not as embarrassing as our dismal home record and league position with a top 3 budget.

And Dempster league management experiance on appt was? So about the same as Jamies and others on here.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Jamie wrote:What's the point. He wont change anything based on a few fans opinions. And rightly so, the manager should always do what they feel is best.

Lets not pre judge. Best to hear what the fans ask him and the answers and explanations he gives. Then judge. Full marks to him for going on the radio.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:07 pm

Well, a lot were moaning that JD doesn't get asked enough pressing questions. Let's see if any have got the bottle to do it themselves
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Wonder if the absolute winner that wished the manager dead calls him up and reiterates the desire?

Probably not. Loser
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:33 pm

First question

Why isn't the team higher up the table?

Second question

What are you going to do get the team higher up the table.

What else is there to ask
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:55 pm

stopped listening to 130.2 when they deemed t'club worthless.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:06 pm

part time pete wrote:First question

Second question

Why do you bring everyone back to defend a corner with no output for a counter attack?

Why when we have an opportunity to break forward do we end up passing backwards and ruining any opportunity to attack?

What formation are you trying to play?

Why do you take so long to make a substitute? On many occasions the game has been calling out for fresh legs we then concede by which time any change made is too late.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
part time pete wrote:First question

Second question

Why do you bring everyone back to defend a corner with no output for a counter attack?

Why when we have an opportunity to break forward do we end up passing backwards and ruining any opportunity to attack?

What formation are you trying to play?

Why do you take so long to make a substitute? On many occasions the game has been calling out for fresh legs we then concede by which time any change made is too late.

I'll be looking forward to hearing you ask these questions on Friday
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Spiritater wrote:stopped listening to 130.2 when they deemed t'club worthless.

Is Golf workshop still on, last time i tuned in it was. And do take takea whole day with Cuckney playing Hosiery Mills ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:52 pm

A live phone in? This is going to be awful. The decision making this season has been so shoddy, and this is just another one of those very naive decisions.

As most tactical questions will be answered with cliches, I think my question would be:
“Glover mentioned in a pre-season interview that if we don’t get promoted this season you and him will be gone. Do you and Glover still think this is the case? If not, have we as a club massively dropped our expectations/ambitions from 3 months ago for near enough the same set of lads?”

I doubt that would get through though.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tawnystag » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 pm

The guy is trying his best. He has been given an opportunity to learn his trade at a 4th division football club. Let’s not lose sight of this.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:57 pm

Tawnystag wrote:The guy is trying his best. He has been given an opportunity to learn his trade at a 4th division football club. Let’s not lose sight of this.

Its a massive fail.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:01 pm

Tawnystag wrote:The guy is trying his best. He has been given an opportunity to learn his trade at a 4th division football club. Let’s not lose sight of this.

Oh well that's alright then. Let's just be a testing ground for guys that aren't up to it and reverse three years of recent progress. It's this sort of mind numbing acceptance of under achievement that drives me crazy.

Would you accept that from someone who was trying to fix your car or renovate your house??
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:07 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

Oh well that's alright then. Let's just be a testing ground for guys that aren't up to it and reverse three years of recent progress. It's this sort of mind numbing acceptance of under achievement that drives me crazy.

Would you accept that from someone who was trying to fix your car or renovate your house??

You just sound like a 10 year old who's stamping their feet because things aren't going their way. I don't think any stags fan is happy with this season, some are just more tolerable about it than you. Get over it.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:18 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

You just sound like a 10 year old who's stamping their feet because things aren't going their way. I don't think any stags fan is happy with this season, some are just more tolerable about it than you. Get over it.

Ok Mr Ostrich.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:18 am

The One wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Ok Mr Ostrich.

You certainly ARE a One!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum