{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:34 pm

The One wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
The One wrote:Tick tock. The fans deserve to know the clubs aspirations in light of our home form.

“Johnnie One Note”

Mr multi poster. Its a discussion forum.

Absolutely true.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:03 pm

On Carolyn’s Instagram this morning she has reaffirmed that our aim for this season is ‘PROMOTION!! We have one of the top budgets.

The 3rd time the promotion objective has been reaffirmed. Dempster needs to start closing the gap sharpish or the patience of the owners will wear thin. With being 7 points behind the playoffs and having played more games than 6th & 7th, realistically we can’t afford to drop any further behind the pack full stop.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:28 pm

Are you sure she didn't post. In her sleep.
She's definitely dreaming if she thinks Dempster is going to get promotion. If I were her, I would cut my expectation down to safety.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:44 pm

BH_Stag wrote:On Carolyn’s Instagram this morning she has reaffirmed that our aim for this season is ‘PROMOTION!! We have one of the top budgets.

The 3rd time the promotion objective has been reaffirmed. Dempster needs to start closing the gap sharpish or the patience of the owners will wear thin. With being 7 points behind the playoffs and having played more games than 6th & 7th, realistically we can’t afford to drop any further behind the pack full stop.

On the day the club launch half season tickets?? Funny that....

I think regardless of what the Board say publicly in terms of our ambition, even if it is the reality they're never going to publicly come out and say that "JD is part of a longer term plan and we're happy to accept this season is one for consolidation, learning, building, etc. and if we do get promotion, massive bonus". It's the balance of keeping the momentum / enthusiasm whilst keeping to a strategy they obviously feel is the direction to go in.

When appointing JD for this season, did the Board truly believe that after coming close in previous years with managers who've track records of promotions, that a complete rookie could do what they couldn't? I'm going to credit them by believing they genuinely did not think that, and that they're trying to do something different, something more medium term.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:52 pm

why bloody keep mentioning the word promotion then ?

we don’t come ta mill because we enjoy it, it’s our cross to bear & for most it’s a lifetime pilgrimage, don’t stop us moaning & voicing our opinions

just when you give a stags fan hope it’s a feeling we don’t get very often
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Yeah but what we expect in terms of transparency is not probably the best move in terms of them running a business. To those who go to games because its the cross to bear thats fine but they are really only a third of what the Board want attending games.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sweden Stag » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:58 pm

TBH, we have more than extremely unlucky with injuries and suspensions this season so far. As a result of that, only Conrad Logan has played in EVERY league Two game so far. Without the injuries and suspensions (and in a few cases, injury-time although we won in injury-time at Grimsby) we could have had at least a handful points more than we have now.

Also remember, at this stage in our 2012-13 FL return winning campaign we had only five points more than we have now after 17 games (and a negative goal-difference).

Dempster has been unlucky so far. FACTS.
Stockholm, July 4, 2008, 15.00 GMT. Good news came, K.H. gone. March 1, 2012. Ground purchased.
Sweden Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:05 pm

I agree he has been unlucky. I remember driving up to a home game and we counted 10 first team players not available for selection that day.

That said, I still think the Board are happy to give this 'project Rookie' the time it will always need, despite what they say publicly and in the media around promotion.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Could this performance be the one that sees him gone Sounds atrocious.

Darlington beating Walsall so DC might be available very soon.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm

Why would we want a manager sacked by Walsall?
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:32 pm

That’s something a kid would say, don’t want him because he’s been sacked elsewhere. Most managers have a troubled spell, get a grip.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Sweden Stag wrote:TBH, we have more than extremely unlucky with injuries and suspensions this season so far. As a result of that, only Conrad Logan has played in EVERY league Two game so far. Without the injuries and suspensions (and in a few cases, injury-time although we won in injury-time at Grimsby) we could have had at least a handful points more than we have now.

Also remember, at this stage in our 2012-13 FL return winning campaign we had only five points more than we have now after 17 games (and a negative goal-difference).

Dempster has been unlucky so far. FACTS.

Having injuries shouldn’t make you a negative manager, which he is. FACT. Last week he b played to Colchester’s strengths, not ours. FACT. He simply isn’t good enough. FACT.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Conker wrote:That’s something a kid would say, don’t want him because he’s been sacked elsewhere. Most managers have a troubled spell, get a grip.

Is Dempster having a "troubled spell"? should we keep him?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Back to the traing ground Monday to sort it .......yawn
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Could this performance be the one that sees him gone Sounds atrocious.

Why on earth would we want to appoint a manager who is performing worse than our own ?At least we managed (just) to beat a side in a league below. DC couldn't even manage a win against a side two leagues below?

I would begin to question JR and the boards sanity if they even considered appointing DC. He may be " one of our own " but that has proved to be a false credential several times in the past.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:10 pm

Goodbye John
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:12 pm

Conker wrote:That’s something a kid would say, don’t want him because he’s been sacked elsewhere. Most managers have a troubled spell, get a grip.

Trouble spell !!!!!!! He's having a nightmare.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stockportstag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:19 pm

He's had a problem since he became manager.
We have gone backwards in these 3 months. Sorry, but I am on the "Get Rid" side.
Stockportstag
First Team
First Team

Postby NG17_stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:20 pm

Dempster turning around to the crowd with his arms out asking why we’re booing. Drew Broughton walking off shaking his head because a few were booing. Nobody likes criticism but why on earth are they so oblivious to it? They genuinely don’t understand why. We’re going backwards, which is astonishing to say how bad we’ve started.

I’ve got a slight feeling Carolyn’s going to take action very soon.
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Could this performance be the one that sees him gone Sounds atrocious.

Why on earth would we want to appoint a manager who is performing worse than our own ?At least we managed (just) to beat a side in a league below. DC couldn't even manage a win against a side two leagues below?

I would begin to question JR and the boards sanity if they even considered appointing DC. He may be " one of our own " but that has proved to be a false credential several times in the past.

Clarke has several promotions on his CV though. Plus the squad he is working with at Walsall is nowhere near as good as ours, and neither’s their budget.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NorthLondonStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Birminghamstag10 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:On Carolyn’s Instagram this morning she has reaffirmed that our aim for this season is ‘PROMOTION!! We have one of the top budgets.

I think regardless of what the Board say publicly in terms of our ambition, even if it is the reality they're never going to publicly come out and say that "JD is part of a longer term plan and we're happy to accept this season is one for consolidation, learning, building, etc. and if we do get promotion, massive bonus". It's the balance of keeping the momentum / enthusiasm whilst keeping to a strategy they obviously feel is the direction to go in.

When appointing JD for this season, did the Board truly believe that after coming close in previous years with managers who've track records of promotions, that a complete rookie could do what they couldn't? I'm going to credit them by believing they genuinely did not think that, and that they're trying to do something different, something more medium term.

I don’t know why anyone keeps talking about budgets as if that gives us a right to a promotion place. You don’t (automatically) get any points for how much you pay your players
NorthLondonStag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:

I don’t know why anyone keeps talking about budgets as if that gives us a right to a promotion place. You don’t (automatically) get any points for how much you pay your players

Don’t knock the Stagsnet budget anoraks.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:33 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:

I agree - and I have been saying for 2 seasons now that our squad is not as good as they have been hyped up to be. That is why we didn't get promoted over the last 2 seasons and that is why we are currently in the bottom half of the league. Of course a rookie manager is making it even worse - but it's more than just that - so an even stronger case for needing a manager who can get players to punch above their weight.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Cleveland_Stag » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

NorthLondonStag wrote:
Birminghamstag10 wrote:

Stop being daft. Having a top 3 budget obviously means that we should be competing at the top end of the table. Ya know, Radford pays top money to try and get top results.
Last edited by Cleveland_Stag on Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:34 pm

Cleveland_Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Clarke has several promotions on his CV though. Plus the squad he is working with at Walsall is nowhere near as good as ours, and neither’s their budget.
Even accepting that, (although I'm not sure your right ). Today they were outplayed by a Conference North side, who would have won except for two errors by the Darlo keeper. I'm sure his squad today was better than the Darlo one.

You are correct he has had promotions but he has also had relegations

I think it would be too much of a risk for JR and the board to appoint DC as things stand at the moment.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum