{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Has he gone yet ? YES

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Has he gone yet ?

Postby The One » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:43 pm

Jamie wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:
Jamie wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
NorthLondonStag wrote:Not necessarily JAmie. It could be a 2 year contract with a break clause after 6 months. That’s different from a 6 month contract.

Ie you terminate after 6 months but if you terminate before you are on the hook for the whole thing.

Each contact is unique, but this is correct for ones I've been involved with with break clauses. Especially for leases and work packages and such like.

Gardening leave wouldnt be the sack... he can remain employed till the clause date. Obviously we dont know the details but whatever the cost (it wont be that bad either way) there really is no excuse for not putting everyone out of their misery (Demps included).

Jamie

That’s wrong I’m afraid. Gardening leave is requiring the employee to remain at home (or in the ‘garden’) during the contractual notice period that applies after a termination. It’s used when you sack someone but you don’t want them to turn up for work or work for someone else during the contractual notice period.

It’s not used to tell an employee not to turn up to work.

You can call it what you like (your right about the definition of gardening leave) the fact remains with weeks to go on until a break clause you can make something work. The decision can be made at anytime not to renew. I would assume any additional time or option beyond the 6 months is to protect the club - like you do with an option on a player contract... there is no way sacking him now would cost anymore than the remaining time until the next renewal. Under normal circumstances anyway, obviously we dont know the detail of if any of this is true.

Hes failing. The gamble didnt work. He needs to go and obviously paying what hes legally owed. Even if that's a years wages I've sooner ship 2 players next month to cover it than keep him and finish 19th with a squad capable of so much more.

Good point Jamie
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:26 am

So let me get this straight, Crawley Town can afford to sack their manager but we can't afford to sack ours?
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby west country stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 am

gavinbrookes wrote:So let me get this straight, Crawley Town can afford to sack their manager but we can't afford to sack ours?

No .... we havent got the balls too !
JR'S decision to appoint the muppet , egg on his face !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:15 am

Its going to be horrible and toxic on saturday.... im tempted not to go as i genuinely feel sorry for what abuse JD has to come. Very wrong imo but its just what our fans do. Id rather not hear it personally. All could be avoided not having him there. This whole situation will get a lot worse before it gets better
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:24 am

gavinbrookes wrote:So let me get this straight, Crawley Town can afford to sack their manager but we can't afford to sack ours?

Could it be down to bank rolling the last two managers? Paying compo for DF, transfer fees in the summer.

Im not saying we shouldn't sack him, but it's not just Dempster they have to lay off. It would be Glover, Broughton and potentially some of the coaching staff too, then hiring a new manager and all the backroom staff a new manager would want to bring in.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:32 am

Chander Lear wrote:Its going to be horrible and toxic on saturday.... im tempted not to go as i genuinely feel sorry for what abuse JD has to come. Very wrong imo but its just what our fans do. Id rather not hear it personally. All could be avoided not having him there. This whole situation will get a lot worse before it gets better

It’s just what SOME of our fans do, CL. Many of us have the life skills to deal with disappointment without the need to resort to mindless abuse.

Let’s hope for moderation, eh?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:09 am

I am absolutely at a loss as to why he has not been removed from his job this week, there is absolutely no rationale as to why it’s not happened, unfortunately our football club on Saturday will reap what it sows.

Very very sad times
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:27 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:Its going to be horrible and toxic on saturday.... im tempted not to go as i genuinely feel sorry for what abuse JD has to come. Very wrong imo but its just what our fans do. Id rather not hear it personally. All could be avoided not having him there. This whole situation will get a lot worse before it gets better

It’s just what SOME of our fans do, CL. Many of us have the life skills to deal with disappointment without the need to resort to mindless abuse.

Yes agree, i probably should have worded that better.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby iansmith » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:55 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Agree. Well said.
iansmith
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby FarnieStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:00 am

iansmith wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Agree. Well said.

Yes agreed. I just struggle to understand the out-and-out hatred that fans are showing for Dempster (and for Flitcroft, Evans and Cox before him). It's hugely disappointing this season, but we do seem to have a higher-than-normal number of foul-mouthed thugs which won't help us to attract a new manager.
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:08 am

Probably the first time that I am not looking forward to going to a home league game for me, we are a mess.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:15 am

lifestags wrote:Probably the first time that I am not looking forward to going to a home league game for me, we are a mess.

You're one of the culprits for raging, you and that balding youth 5 seats down from you. He's literally angry about it, as if his whole life is centered around it. some of the stuff he shouts out is embarrassing
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:20 am

I really hope all of these prophecies of a vitriolic atmosphere on Saturday are wrong. It's one thing to be critical on here but quite another to be shouting abuse at the manager. I'll be there and I'll be getting behind the manager and the players. I think JD should be sacked and think he probably will this month. In the meantime I'll be giving him and the team my backing on matchdays.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 am

Done a press conference today.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am

gavinbrookes wrote:I really hope all of these prophecies of a vitriolic atmosphere on Saturday are wrong. It's one thing to be critical on here but quite another to be shouting abuse at the manager. I'll be there and I'll be getting behind the manager and the players. I think JD should be sacked and think he probably will this month. In the meantime I'll be giving him and the team my backing on matchdays.

well said
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

Chander Lear wrote:
lifestags wrote:Probably the first time that I am not looking forward to going to a home league game for me, we are a mess.

You're one of the culprits for raging, you and that balding youth 5 seats down from you. He's literally angry about it, as if his whole life is centered around it. some of the stuff he shouts out is embarrassing

Raging at the players for being scared to get on the ball? maybe, at the manager? Not me.

Yeah, its not a great atmosphere where i sit anymore, can have an affect on your enjoyment on the game when everyone around you is being negative.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:26 am

Cheltenham beat us and hes gone I think.... Radford has said things must change.

Might be giving him these next 5 games because they could propel us up the league. Beat cheltenham he probably gets another game etc etc

Kellan Gordon out for two months because we forced him to play with a back problem... bloody brilliant

Cheltenham H - D
Crewe A - L
Northampton H - W
Port Vale H - W
Bradford A - L

I think that's how it will go and its looking grim.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:31 am

Sedgwick wrote:Cheltenham beat us and hes gone I think.... Radford has said things must change.

Might be giving him these next 5 games because they could propel us up the league. Beat cheltenham he probably gets another game etc etc

Kellan Gordon out for two months because we forced him to play with a back problem... bloody brilliant

Cheltenham H - D
Crewe A - L
Northampton H - W
Port Vale H - W
Bradford A - L

I think that's how it will go and its looking grim.

Another bloody injury?!!

:D I fit wasn't for bad luck, JD wouldn’t have any luck at all!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:32 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Thing is though, you have to make your views heard Edders, if you don't, you're complicit.

Agree that it can go too far.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:33 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Thing is though, you have to make your views heard Edders, if you don't, you're complicit.

Agree that it can go too far.

True enough AWC.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:43 am

I think there’s a fine line between booing a bad performance and personal abuse where fans go OTT.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with booing a bad performance after a game, nor is anyone who does it a moron or below the average IQ (which some on here seem to humorously allude to :lol: ) however, not everyone is the same and if some wish to sit in silence and be satisfied with something below par then good for you and fair enough.

Hopefully, by some miracle they actually manage to not lose on Saturday and we can actually have something positive for once to speak about.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:47 am

The in the knower,s have already told us its all to do with his contract being for a set period and that we cant afford to pay him off ,they have even got his gardening leave worked out ,after a slight disagreement ,its a nice little clique amongst some on here it makes the brexit fiasco seem all the more galling they should just let stagsnet sort it out :lol:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm

So when are we finally going to get the news from the “in the knows”?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby NG17_stag » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Just looking at Flitcroft’s form in 2019, which ultimately got him sacked from his duties.

He won 9 out of 23 games.

Dempster has won 7 out of 26 in all competitions (or 5 out of 19 in the league).

Why does the better record get Flitcroft sacked but not Dempster?
NG17_stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:29 pm

He's a really nice fella, and I feel sorry for him. You can tell from his interviews that he's hurting. He didn't ask for the job, he was given it. He's also not at fault for not being sacked yet. I really believe that he is and has tried his best.

Unfortunately that hasn't been good enough, and he's probably, pound for pound, the worse manager in my time supporting Mansfield.

The board need to act, but the manager is talking in his press conference of 'this month' being really important, not just the game on Saturday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum